Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit poll: The post referendum thread. No electioneering.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boards.ie has posters from around the world and always had.
    Her post was ridiculous to say the least.

what "her" are you referring o?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Ok this thread has pretty much died now.
    So will leave yee to it.
    Enjoy the celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

I just wanted to say thank you to all the posters who shared their very personal experiences and stories of how the eighth has affected them and their families - your bravery is exceptional and you've helped ensure others don't suffer the same in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

This post has been deleted.
    Nee lawlor she's that nut from mother and fathers matter

• Registered Users Posts: 30,314 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I found a lot of people softened to voting Yes in the last few weeks. I was surprised at some of the people who voted Yes but they just took the attitude leave it up to women to choose for themselves.
    Some realised that they were never going to be in the position and they did it for there friends/family.
    For those who did vote No you can still ave your opinion and raise your family with the same values about abortion. When your kids are grown up they might have the same values as you or they might go off and do their own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

amcalester wrote: »
    No time for that, I’ve to start the Euthanasia campaign.

Only way to sort the pension timebomb.

Euthanasia can solve most of modern world problems - hunger problems, housing problems, pensions problems, religion problems etc..
    Euthanasia for all !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Happy to see them waste taxpayers money too.

That'll make them even more popular than they are now.

It was never about the public interest for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

So on Monday does anyone reckon some nutjobs will be down the High Court looking to have the result overturned?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Anyone is free to take a High Court challenge.
    Doesn't mean they will win.
    Its a right in a mature democracy. The kind of mature democracy we used to have.

What on earth do you think happened today and yesterday???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

The daughters of Ireland finally got their rights. For too long women were treated terribly. Tonight I can sleep soundly knowing there's been an amazing change made. Shameful that it was ever a thing in the first place, but now we can take care of our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think one thing that became obvious over the whole campaign, was how clueless a lot of the No side were in the actual mechanics and process of pregnancy, and the experience the woman has in going through that process. Most of their diatribe seemed to be from medical textbooks written in the 60's.

Nice to see shurimgreat has abandoned a sinking ship, and The Golden Miller also given up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I know this probably won’t be entertained but I’d love if the Mods or Admins might disclose how many (if any) of all those new accounts advocating retaining the 8th were coming from the USA.

No interest in wanting to know usernames or anything, none of them lasted long before being banned, but would be very interested to see how many there were. I strongly suspect a few.

Well it's funny you should mention them because I was just thinking the influx of new posters every day has dried up all of a sudden!
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    I don’t recall seeing a single new account join Boards simply to discuss Repealing the 8th.

On the other hand, there were a plethora of new accounts advocating Retain, joining and posting at the same times each day.
    First they’d pretend to be undecided but it wouldn’t take long for the mask to slip and the posts with human!!!! Baby!!!! Murderer!!! God!!!! Buzzwords to be thrown out.

Eh you forgot the "ugly truth", "the jews" and "genocide"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

erica74 wrote: »
    Well it's funny you should mention them because I was just thinking the influx of new posters every day has dried up all of a sudden
    Funny how they show up only on the cusp of large political moments, and then evaporate into the ether right after eh? Every single time.

Type of time you'd love to know what the mods/admins do on the matter, or if they even look at it at all. The likes of Reddit, FB and Twitter had to be plastered all over the news before lifting a finger on or addressing the matter as content (post) creation is the name of the game for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

erica74 wrote: »
    Eh you forgot the "ugly truth", "the jews" and "genocide"!

Something something white genocide something something Islamification of Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

astrofool wrote: »
    I think one thing that became obvious over the whole campaign, was how clueless a lot of the No side were in the actual mechanics and process of pregnancy, and the experience the woman has in going through that process. Most of their diatribe seemed to be from medical textbooks written in the 60's.

Nice to see shurimgreat has abandoned a sinking ship, and The Golden Miller also given up.

Nope I abandoned a dying thread where little new of interest is being said apart from a couple of childish taunts from the odd poster like you.
    And in that regard welcome to my ignore list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

spookwoman wrote: »

I just saw this

https://twitter.com/jshocds/status/999974760414052352

When the right lose they always see conspiracies and claim the vote wasn't fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ah that's what happened. Most of those who were going to vote no, were taken off the Register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'm a bit confused by the "Home to Vote" thing. The DFA clearly says on its website that people must be ordinarily resident in Ireland to be on the register of electors.
    Yet many politicians seem to be openly endorsing it and the rule seems to be wholsale ignored and unenforced.

I do support citizens being allowed to return and vote for referenda by the way. It just seems strange that unless I'm missing something, there seems to be so much flouting of a pretty basic law to an extent that could well have influence the result (although not significantly enough to affect the outcome).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Water John wrote: »
    Ah that's what happened. Most of those who were going to vote no, were taken off the Register.

If only they’d checked the register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

fxotoole wrote: »
    Something something white genocide something something Islamification of Europe
    Well we know that the Muslims will turn us back to the stone ages rather than help us progress in line with *ahem* "European" culture. #LoveBoth #Savethe8th #VoteNo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

How do doctors reconcile the oath they've taken (if they take it) with facilitating abortions on demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Sheeps wrote: »
    How do doctors reconcile the oath they've taken with facilitating abortions on demand?

They understand the terms used unlike you. No one is killed during an abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Doctors don't take a Hippocratic Oath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

sdanseo wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused by the "Home to Vote" thing. The DFA clearly says on its website that people must be ordinarily resident in Ireland to be on the register of electors.
    Yet many politicians seem to be openly endorsing it and the rule seems to be wholsale ignored and unenforced.

I do support citizens being allowed to return and vote for referenda by the way. It just seems strange that unless I'm missing something, there seems to be so much flouting of a pretty basic law to an extent that could well have influence the result (although not significantly enough to affect the outcome).

People who care enough to come home to vote should have a vote
    The rule is outdated

They understand the terms used unlike you. No one is killed during an abortion.

That's not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

fxotoole wrote: »
    Still waiting for a definition of what "social abortion" and "abortion on demand" actually mean

Abortion for any reason I would of thought. The yes do seem to fixated on averting any discussion of an actual topic by tediously trying to rephrase labels. They are so cuddly and great, who's coming out with me to faux celebrate the greatest day in our history, while we cry and throw meaningless slogans around? Apparently at some point today, women went from having no rights to loads of rights. Up the Republic...and er...women's rights I think?

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    Doctors don't take a Hippocratic Oath.

Some do.

Advertisement