Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Opportunities in Local Government 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Lovelemons

congrats the voodoo

does anyone have a copy of the information booklet from the campaign i thought it said 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Lovelemons wrote: »
    congrats the voodoo

does anyone have a copy of the information booklet from the campaign i thought it said 2 years.

Attached. Its 3 years. The 2014 scheme was 2 years but I think that was handled differently the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Just as an aside- my vetting still says processing. So maybe it just hasn’t been updated.

I’ve to address all further questions to the Councils HR. So I’m now finished with PAS.

Congrats! Does the letter say that the LA will be in touch with you or do you have to make contact? Does it specify dates?

Thanks Sharon much appreciated.

Based on the Voodoo timelines im guessing i wont hear from PAS again until the week after next mayve as my garda vetting only went in this week.

im a bit worried that someone mentioned they are contacting employers without letting you know. I havent told my employer yet.

Goodluck to everyone.

Lovelemons wrote: »
    Thanks Sharon much appreciated.

Based on the Voodoo timelines im guessing i wont hear from PAS again until the week after next mayve as my garda vetting only went in this week.

im a bit worried that someone mentioned they are contacting employers without letting you know. I havent told my employer yet.

Goodluck to everyone.

Mine only went in this week too because my paperwork was delayed by having to get a Canadian criminal background check too. I'm optimistic for news next week but who knows. I think the guy who's doing my clearance is getting annoyed by my questions as he's stopped responding to my emails :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Congrats! Does the letter say that the LA will be in touch with you or do you have to make contact? Does it specify dates?

Their HR will contact me soon re dates etc. No other info on the letter except everything is passed to the council now and they are now my point of contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Allatsea

The Garda vetting is taking approx. 7-9 working days from when it is submitted to the National Vetting Bureau from the PAS. When you fill out the Garda vetting form, it returns to the PAS & then they submit it to the NVB for processing, ( Add 1 extra day for this processing) so in reality if you sent back the Garda form today (Fri 18th), it will not be fully processed until the 30th May at the earliest. As is mentioned above after that you will liaise with the County Council you have been selected with, directly. Timelines will differ as to the start date, depending on the council's requirements, skillset/area of position/role, applicants current commitments etc (Notice they have to give current employers/Exams).

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nyx122

Just wondering what people are planning to do in terms of notice? Will you give it once letter is received or wait for local authority to contact?

Nyx122 wrote: »
    Just wondering what people are planning to do in terms of notice? Will you give it once letter is received or wait for local authority to contact?

I gave mine when I recieved the initial “under consideration” offer.

I’ve nothing to hide vetting wise and my references are fairly solid, so no point bearing around the bush!

Yea think I'll bite the bullet and just give mine tomorrow.. wish I had been courageous enough to do it in the 1st place but there was a minor mix up in the details of my original "under consideration" so was playing it safe I suppose. This is going to feel great..!

• Advertisement

Yea think I'll bite the bullet and just give mine tomorrow.. wish I had been courageous enough to do it in the 1st place but there was a minor mix up in the details of my original "under consideration" so was playing it safe I suppose. This is going to feel great..!

If you don't mind my asking, how much notice do you need to give? My current job doesn't require much notice so I'm thinking of waiting until I get more info, in case I'm left in limbo

I'll pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    I gave mine when I recieved the initial “under consideration” offer.

I’ve nothing to hide vetting wise and my references are fairly solid, so no point bearing around the bush!

Same here,
    tenor.gif

Got my letter too...
    Thought it would be there alright but had someone check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

So vetting has seemed to have been completed over the weekend and now hoping that the reference check gets done in the next couple of days before my reference goes on holiday! I'm still unsure as to when to give in notice as I am under pressure to get it handed in but am I right in thinking there could be a wait before the offer comes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I had a change in my Vetting status over the weekend.

It's moved to 'In Progress'.

Today is Day 18 since the very first eVet email.

So vetting has seemed to have been completed over the weekend and now hoping that the reference check gets done in the next couple of days before my reference goes on holiday! I'm still unsure as to when to give in notice as I am under pressure to get it handed in but am I right in thinking there could be a wait before the offer comes?

Yea I’m unsure re notice too but after talking to a few people I’ve decided to wait handing mine in as the letter you get after the reference is checked is definitely not an offer.. just says you’ve been recommend to X local authority and they’ll do the rest.. think I’ll ring my la today to see if they have any idea about dates etc.

Yea I’m unsure re notice too but after talking to a few people I’ve decided to wait handing mine in as the letter you get after the reference is checked is definitely not an offer.. just says you’ve been recommend to X local authority and they’ll do the rest.. think I’ll ring my la today to see if they have any idea about dates etc.

Let us know how you get on. Ideal scenario there would be an offer fairly quick but at this stage I'm not taking anything for granted!

Any more letters today?

I received a notice of a missed registered letter this morning. As my Garda vetting is still stuck in 'Application submitted to NVB for processing' and I was only asked this morning if its okay to contact my employer, I'm presuming its just the return of my other documents as I recall reading somewhere these would be returned. Was this the case for others?

• Advertisement

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    Any more letters today?

I received a notice of a missed registered letter this morning. As my Garda vetting is still stuck in 'Application submitted to NVB for processing' and I was only asked this morning if its okay to contact my employer, I'm presuming its just the return of my other documents as I recall reading somewhere these would be returned. Was this the case for others?

Yea all of my documents were returned via registered post. Letter of recommendation wasn’t registered.

I took the “good luck in your new position” as the rest being a formality.

Vetting has completed at the NVB end.

Moved through stages of 'Application Process Completed' and 'Disclosure Viewed'.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Vetting has completed at the NVB end.

Moved through stages of 'Application Process Completed' and 'Disclosure Viewed'.

Hi. I sent in my garda vetting documents last week and they were returned yesterday. How long should it be before i get notification of the vetting process having being started on the nvb end??

bubsicle wrote: »
    Hi. I sent in my garda vetting documents last week and they were returned yesterday. How long should it be before i get notification of the vetting process having being started on the nvb end??

It sent my docs on a Tuesday and got the message about the vetting process being initiated on a Thursday.

bubsicle wrote: »

If memory serves, after I got my 'proof of address' returned by post, the first automated email from NVB arrived 1 or 2 days later.

The first stage rested with PAS for a week. Then it moved to NVB.

The second stage with NVB ran for 12 days.

Of course, I'm not suggesting it takes 19 days for everyone. Maybe I was less, average or more days.

My vetting began on the 8th,was with NVB on the 10th and completed on to Disclosure Viewed yesterday. My reference has also been done and confirmed as having been received by PAS yesterday so expect that I will receive letter advising to await communication from local authority in the next few days. How long it will take to receive the call is anyone's guess but I hope it doesn't last too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Allatsea

When your vetting has been completed and viewed & the PAS has received communication with your last /current employer & other references, that confirm your role/job title/dates/character; they will pass it on to the LA for them to contact directly. If you receive a letter from them (The LA) by say Friday; they will be expecting you to be available to start no later than 4-6 weeks from the date of the letter. The PAS are trying to have everybody in their roles by no later than 2nd week of July; but expect the majority will be in their roles by the end of June 2018. The LA's have been informed to expect some candidates to give long lead times due to current work commitments. Hope that helps a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Just_Jake

Hi guys,

I got a call from the county council today and agreeded my start date. My vetting came back last Thursday so a quick turn around. They basically called made a formal offer and asked about how much notice I needed to give. They wanted me to start by mid June. From the conversation I would say it will vary from county to county but if your vetting is done and references checked I’d expect a call shortly. I’m set to start the 11th of June in the business support unit. Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Just_Jake wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I got a call from the county council today and agreeded my start date. My vetting came back last Thursday so a quick turn around. They basically called made a formal offer and asked about how much notice I needed to give. They wanted me to start by mid June. From the conversation I would say it will vary from county to county but if your vetting is done and references checked I’d expect a call shortly. I’m set to start the 11th of June in the business support unit. Best of luck :)

Congratulations.

My vetting is completed it took about 6 working days. My employer has also been contacted and I was contacted to ask my permission.
    Hopefully by early next week I will have a job offer and a start date. Can't believe how quickly its moved since getting under consideration notice. Best of luck everyone.

Advertisement