Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Opportunities in Local Government 2017

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I liked the induction. There was some very useful material covered.

I am a 'numbers' type of person, so the budgetary lecture was right up my street.

Yeah... I know the National Equalization Fund isn't Hollywood glitz, but I liked it :)

From watching Customer Services in action, there is an incredible breadth of services offered by each Council. From noisy neighbours to tourism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

How is everyone finding it?

Any positive experiences or horror stories so far?

Mine is ticking along nicely.

I think it will take a bit of time to establish my goals and objectives. It's a bit helter skelter at the moment.

Summertime is 'skeleton crew' staffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nyx122

Hi all, just in the door and trying to get settled. wondering what your “titles” are- like for your email signatures for example? On the staff list I’m down as “local authority graduate” so I guess I’ll go by that but just wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisy89

Nyx122 wrote: »
    Hi all, just in the door and trying to get settled. wondering what your “titles” are- like for your email signatures for example? On the staff list I’m down as “local authority graduate” so I guess I’ll go by that but just wondering.

My title is “Graduate”

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nyx122

Also anyone have the email address we need to send our council email addresses onto?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Nyx122 wrote: »

Graduates@lgma.ie

We’re all down as LGMA graduate in the directory but I wouldn’t be putting that in an email signature personally as it probably wouldn’t have the best connotations in terms of possibly leading to misunderstandings that we’re on some kind of internship or the likes! I have no title in my signature I just put in the name of my department and directorate. It’s not ideal and I wish there was a title other than ‘graduate’ but I’ve seen from internal emails that a lot of other people don’t even put their own titles in email signatures.

I’ll be in the door 2 weeks tomorrow and it seems like longer. Have been fierce busy, especially after week 1 have had loads of tasks sent my way!

I was told that we have to put 'Graduate' in our local authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

First week out of the way. Bit of a slow build, they had me doing a lot of reading the first few days, don't think they knew what to do with me!! How's everyone else getting on? I know at the training days a girl went around getting numbers for people to set up a WhatsApp group for those in project and programme management, did that never happen after?

• Advertisement

The title of 'Graduate' needs a rethink.

I graduated 20 years ago!

It makes the person sound like a 20-year old that has zero professional career experience or life's experience.

Many of the Aviva crew had years of work and experience behind them.

First full month out of the way for myself as of today, how is everyone else getting on so far?

Jobs email received at work today.

11 Local Authorities still seeking new graduate recruits. There is a fresh competition.

Closing Date for applications is 26th October.

[url]Https://gradireland.com/graduate-employers/local-government-management-agency[/url]

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

11 Local Authorities still seeking new graduate recruits. There is a fresh competition.

[url]Https://gradireland.com/graduate-employers/local-government-management-agency[/url]

I was only talking to a woman Friday where I am in Wicklow saying she had wanted a graduate for her department but couldn't get one. I see it listed there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Sound.

Email received from LGMA about the Regional Skills Session.

Link to a survey also

29th and 30th January - Eastern and Midlands at Lansdowne Road.

12th and 13th February - Border and Western

24th and 25th January - Southern at Castletroy Park in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lukiluc

Thanks Jimbob. See you there...

Am guessing no email means unsuccessful? Whole process seemed pretty un-professional so far. Ive yet to receive confirmation of receipt of application despite contacting them seperately after the fact.

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Am guessing no email means unsuccessful? Whole process seemed pretty un-professional so far. Ive yet to receive confirmation of receipt of application despite contacting them seperately after the fact.

Apologies..... This email is for graduates who have already started.

Namely the group who began their application process in October 2017 and started in Summer 2018. It's not your campaign.

This email is from the LGMA about organising training courses.

It's unconnected to people who are currently in the application process like yourself :)

Don't panic.

Apologies..... This email is for graduates who have already started.

Namely the group who began their application process in October 2017 and started in Summer 2018. It's not your campaign.

This email is from the LGMA about organising training courses.

It's unconnected to people who are currently in the application process like yourself :)

Don't panic.
    Ah I see. Thanks. Still a bit concerned all the same. Only contact so far was regarding a data breach. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I emailed a few weeks ago and was told that I was unsuccessful. Apparently shortlisting happened on the 1st of November.

Luno wrote: »
    I emailed a few weeks ago and was told that I was unsuccessful. Apparently shortlisting happened on the 1st of November.

Who did you email out of interest? I've never gotten a response from them at all.

Agenda has been issued for the Southern Region's Module One training session

Venue is Limerick's Castletroy Park Hotel on 24th and 25th January.

Two-day session to involve topics such as:

Experiences to date
    Training options in Year Two
    Delivering results
    Teamwork
    Handling change

Looking forward to seeing everybody again!!

Great to see everyone at Southern Region Module One.

I think it was a very good session.

Plenty of opportunity to give feedback and express oneself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hopefullawyer

Hi Guys, not sure if the thread is still running. I am just wondering will there be another campaign for 2019/2020? I'm just after finishing up my Masters in UL and I'd love to work in Local Government! Thanks :)

Advertisement