Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Opportunities in Local Government 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 9Reeds

Yep I have to do a medical. I'm going to try to arrange it for next week. Also supposedly we all have induction in dublin at some point in the first 2 weeks of July. Was not told date or where in dublin cos the county council had not been told yet either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Lovelemons

Ya I have to do a medical too I haven't got the date for that yet. But I think the date for the training that I was given was the 10th and 11th of July

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nyx122

Got the letter 2 weeks ago today... this is a very long wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Rang my LA again today and they said they are waiting for a couple of other people's details to come through before sending out the offer but have been organised for a medical which is happening next week so some progress!

Tried to ring Pas today to see about these supposed training days in dublin but their was no answer. Then I remembered it was a bank holiday, something in my working life I have never gotten enjoy. I just rubbed my hands together and thought "soon, soon you will be mine"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Has anyone for Cork County Council got a start date yet?

Any news for anyone today..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Nyx122 wrote: »
    Any news for anyone today..?

Not really.

I had to send the LA documentation over the weekend, (mostly the same info I gave to PAS).

Another letter came in the post for me today, asking me to ring the doctors to book a medical ASAP.

Sort of news, but no real progress.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Not really.

I had to send the LA documentation over the weekend, (mostly the same info I gave to PAS).

Another letter came in the post for me today, asking me to ring the doctors to book a medical ASAP.

Sort of news, but no real progress.

That’s good- further than me! Reached out again & just told they’re going through the applications (paperwork?) & will be in touch shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Having my medical this week and got the pre medical forms emailed to me.

• Advertisement

The National Training days are July 10-11. I’ve my start date for my LA, everything in order just the box ticking of the medical.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    The National Training days are July 10-11. I’ve my start date for my LA, everything in order just the box ticking of the medical.

That's helpful info thanks! Are you starting before the training dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lukiluc

TheVoodoo wrote: »

Brilliant. Thanks for the info, I called the LGMA who said there was noone there who could give me those dates... I'm still waiting for a start date but glad those days don't clash with summer trips. Really looking forward to some confirmation on this asap...

Is anyone else in the same boat as me as in have heard nothing from their LA? when I contacted last week was just told I’d hear soon.

Nyx122 wrote: »
    Is anyone else in the same boat as me as in have heard nothing from their LA? when I contacted last week was just told I’d hear soon.

Me but they only have my letter a few days because my vetting was held up by a reference not responding. I haven't even heard about medical or anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Finally got my start date on a call with hr in the L.A. I'll be going to. Starting end of June. No word of medical though. Unless it's in the contract She was sending out today.

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    That's helpful info thanks! Are you starting before the training dates?

Yes

Yes. Same boat...

I can't see how we will be started our contracts in time for the 10th seeing as most of us (my self included) don't have a signed contract yet and still have to give 30 days notice

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

I had my medical today and received and filled out some forms for my LA. I was told they wanted us in for a week before training in Dublin in July but were still waiting for PAS to send over a couple of other candidates that are also starting before sending out the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisy89

My LA just rang, I’m starting the 18th of June

Brilliant! Congrats Daisy. I called mine today but they were unable to confirm start dates, training dates, etc. Would really like some clarity on this soon...

Congrats Daisy!!
    Yep same here luc, got no more info.

I just rang my LA to see if there was an update and was told by the person in recruitment quite firmly that they have not been made aware of any graduates at all being taken on. Good to see they are on top of things !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisy89

I heard nothing about a medical even though I’m starting on the 18th so I emailed and I was told I wasn’t required for one as I’m technically only temporary so it seems all of the LAs are requiring different things before starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mj88g

Anyone else who is due to be starting in Cork Co Council do their medical/hear anything regarding start dates etc?

Emailed Recruitment head early today and got no reply. Medical complete since Wednesday, presume no issues with it but pressure coming from current employer about finishing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The variation in personal experiences is quite remarkable.

One poster is starting on Monday..... other posters haven't heard a fresh update in weeks!!

I was phoned on Friday by my LA re a info booklet they were going to email. Got the call at 1000, still waiting for the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    The variation in personal experiences is quite remarkable.

One poster is starting on Monday..... other posters haven't heard a fresh update in weeks!!

And I only got an offer on Monday so my vetting and employer checking isn't even finished yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Hi.

Just wondering if anyone has received any definitive news since last Friday. I haven't heard a peep.

Advertisement