Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Opportunities in Local Government 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Was emailed today for permission to contact current employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 corvettenut

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Was emailed today for permission to contact current employer.

Is your vetting back?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nyx122

Is your vetting back?

Sent u a pm.

Also got an email my vetting is back this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

My vetting is still with NVB and nothing on references. Did they say how many references they are looking for or give any other ideas?

I am under pressure to actually get my notice handed in at my present place to start planning a handover of my work.

My vetting is still with NVB and nothing on references. Did they say how many references they are looking for or give any other ideas?

I am under pressure to actually get my notice handed in at my present place to start planning a handover of my work.

Sent u a pm

• Advertisement

Is your vetting back?

Nope, still not back.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Apologies in advance if this has been answered before.

I'm a bit behind everyone else because I was waiting for return of a criminal background check for my time living outside of Ireland so my paperwork was only mailed yesterday.

I'm just wondering do I get some kind of notification when the Garda vetting is initiated? As I have seen reference to tracking it in earlier posts.

Next question, for those who's vetting is complete. How long did it take? A week or so? Like everyone else I am eager to get a start-date so I can start making the necessary preparations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    Apologies in advance if this has been answered before.

I'm a bit behind everyone else because I was waiting for return of a criminal background check for my time living outside of Ireland so my paperwork was only mailed yesterday.

I'm just wondering do I get some kind of notification when the Garda vetting is initiated? As I have seen reference to tracking it in earlier posts.

Next question, for those who's vetting is complete. How long did it take? A week or so? Like everyone else I am eager to get a start-date so I can start making the necessary preparations.

Hi.

You receive an email from the National Vetting Bureau and click on a link. It asks you to fill in details of your current and previous addresses. It also enquires about criminal convictions.

When you submit the e-form, you receive an email that the process has started. The first step is for PAS to review the submission. The second step is for PAS to pass the submission to the NVB.

You can track the status via the original email. My vetting process started 13 days ago (first email) and it is still in motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Not a word from PAS in over a week, e-vetting still not back. I assume that there will be no formal offers until all that paperwork has cleared.

This is the latest email I got (yesterday), is this the stage you both are at too?

@corvettenut, have you've been waiting over a week since you received a similar email?

Dear #######,

Application Number -
    #############

Your application forwarded through Public Appointments Service has been received by the National Vetting Bureau.

You can track the progress of your application here. Click here to track your application.

If you have any queries, please contact the Public Appointments Service at gardavetting@publicjobs.ie.

@Jimbob1977 has answered my question before I hit post, now that's punctual! :D
    Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    When you submit the e-form, you receive an email that the process has started. The first step is for PAS to review the submission. The second step is for PAS to pass the submission to the NVB.

You can track the status via the original email. My vetting process started 13 days ago (first email) and it is still in motion.

Hi.

You receive an email from the National Vetting Bureau and click on a link. It asks you to fill in details of your current and previous addresses. It also enquires about criminal convictions.

Thanks. How long after mailing your docs did you get that email from NVB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

It's quick enough. I think it was within 2 hours of submitting the online application.

It just says that it's with the sponsoring organisation (PAS) for review. That's Step One.

The next email will be the transfer from PAS to NVB. In my case, that took a week

Hi.

It's quick enough. I think it was within 2 hours of submitting the online application.

It just says that it's with the sponsoring organisation (PAS) for review. That's Step One.

The next email will be the transfer from PAS to NVB. In my case, that took a week
    Here's my timeline so far:

I sent hard copy documents by registered Post last Friday:(11th)
    Filled in information online Monday (14th)
    Got below email yesterday Tuesday (15th)
    My original hard copy docs were returned by registered post and arrived Tuesday (15th)

To get the below email it took one day for me.

Dear #######,

Application Number -
    #############

Your application forwarded through Public Appointments Service has been received by the National Vetting Bureau.

You can track the progress of your application here. Click here to track your application.

If you have any queries, please contact the Public Appointments Service at gardavetting@publicjobs.ie.

shineon23 wrote: »

My original hard copy docs were returned by registered post and arrived Tuesday (15th)

Ahh okay thanks. Time-wise that doesn't sound too bad really.

Still waiting on the NVB on my end.
    Have not received hard copies back despite them being sent on the 4th, received on the 8th and received online link that day which was completed and returned by that evening. My vetting is with NVB since the 10th so really hope something begins to happen in the next few days.
    Still have not received a call about references, does that happen after the vetting is complete by NVB?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisy89

Still waiting on the NVB on my end.
    Have not received hard copies back despite them being sent on the 4th, received on the 8th and received online link that day which was completed and returned by that evening. My vetting is with NVB since the 10th so really hope something begins to happen in the next few days.
    Still have not received a call about references, does that happen after the vetting is complete by NVB?

My vetting is not complete yet and my manager has been contacted. I actually didn’t receive an email notifying me that they were going to email her...

I take it no one has got their contract... or heard anything of interest...!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Just_Jake

I got an email today that my vetting has been completed and viewed by PAS. My references are gone in too. So if I hear anymore I will let you know. But I wouldn’t expect to hear anything until the end of next week at the earliest.

Just_Jake wrote: »
    I got an email today that my vetting has been completed and viewed by PAS. My references are gone in too. So if I hear anymore I will let you know. But I wouldn’t expect to hear anything until the end of next week at the earliest.

Why the end of next week Jake? My understanding is that the Local Authorities are looking for ASAP start dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Just_Jake

I was told that once the vetting and references come back you would be sent out a letter and a notification will be sent out to the county council you have been selected for. It will then be up to the county council to contact you about your position and start date. I said next week at the earlier because I assumed it would be next week before the letter would be sent out I have no official confirmation it will be.

Just_Jake wrote: »
    I was told that once the vetting and references come back you would be sent out a letter and a notification will be sent out to the county council you have been selected for. It will then be up to the county council to contact you about your position and start date. I said next week at the earlier because I assumed it would be next week before the letter would be sent out I have no official confirmation it will be.

I assume the letter will be a formal offer, otherwise it would be just emailed. The offers tend to be issued in hard copy format. The wait goes on .... Day 157 in the Graduate Opportunities thread and housemates are watching their phones .....

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »

Hey Shineon (or anyone else!), just wondering if your vetting is complete yet? I just got the email today stating NVB have received my application and I'm trying to gauge how long more it will take.

I am over a week at the NVB at this stage, at this stage I expect it to be at least early next week before it is back!

I am over a week at the NVB at this stage, at this stage I expect it to be at least early next week before it is back!

Oh dear for some reason I thought that stage meant its nearly complete!

Hey Shineon (or anyone else!), just wondering if your vetting is complete yet? I just got the email today stating NVB have received my application and I'm trying to gauge how long more it will take.

No movement on my evetting (Online tracking says: Application submitted to NVB for processing) since Tuesday morning.

I made a call this afternoon to PAS to look for an update and was told that my employer/reference had been contacted and that when that comes back they can make an offer, 'maybe by early next week'.

I'm skeptical over this happening so soon as my evetting hasn't moved along, but would be very happy if I'm wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Phoebeleft

Are they not notifying people before contacting present employers? I haven't told my employer yet as I was waiting to hear from pas that they would be contacting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisy89

Phoebeleft wrote: »
    Are they not notifying people before contacting present employers? I haven't told my employer yet as I was waiting to hear from pas that they would be contacting them?

They didn’t notify me that they would be contacting my manager.

I was emailed about it. Very brief and quick “Do I have permission to contact your current employer”

Got a posted letter from PAS this morning saying “they’ve recommended me to X council. Good luck in your new position”

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Got a posted letter from PAS this morning saying “they’ve recommended me to X council. Good luck in your new position”

Congrats! Hopefully I’ve the same waiting for me at home.. time to type up my letter of notice.

• Advertisement

Just as an aside- my vetting still says processing. So maybe it just hasn’t been updated.

I’ve to address all further questions to the Councils HR. So I’m now finished with PAS.

Advertisement