Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options
  • 31-10-2017 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Launching Tuesday November 7th

xbox-one-x.png?w=800&h=449
    Xbox wrote:
    The world’s most powerful console.
    Games play better on Xbox One X. With 40% more power than any other console, experience immersive true 4K gaming. Blockbuster titles look great, run smoothly, and load quickly even on a 1080p screen. Xbox One X also works with all your Xbox One games and accessories as well as Xbox Live, the most advanced multiplayer network, giving you more ways to play.

*4K gaming, 4K game DVR, HDR, 4K, 4k Blu-ray player, etc, etc.

In the box

Xbox One X 1TB console
    Xbox Wireless Controller
    HDMI cable (4K capable)
    Power cable
    1-month Xbox Game Pass trial
    14-day Xbox Live Gold trial

Xbox One X for 1080p display users.
    The Verge wrote:
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/20/16340160/microsoft-xbox-one-x-enhanced-1080p-tv

Microsoft is allowing developers to use supersampling to ensure games still look better on a 1080p TV. Supersampling essentially scales down 4K image quality to a 1080p screen, so you get the benefits of texture improvements, faster framerates, and improved image quality. A 1080p supersampled image should still be a noticeable improvement over what the Xbox One S currently provides.

OLDER GAMES SHOULD STILL WORK BETTER ON XBOX ONE X
    Even if games aren’t Xbox One X Enhanced, Microsoft is promising that some older titles should still run better regardless. You should get better texture quality, improved framerates and resolutions, depending on how the game was built.
    * Also faster loading.

Games

iY8HKE9.jpg?1

*Look for the Xbox One X enhanced logo
    Xbox wrote:
    The Xbox One X Enhanced logo means the developer has done extra work to optimise for Xbox One X. This may include higher resolutions, faster frame rates and/or improved textures. The HDR logo indicates that the game supports the HDR 10 standard. The 4K Ultra HD icon means the game outputs at 2160p.

Current list of Xbox One X enhanced games. 70 of these will be ready for launch day with more coming within a week of launch.
    https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Can't wait! :D

Wanted to trade in the One S early (Thursday or Friday) to be ready for the One X next Tuesday. But I don't know if I can go all weekend without playing the new Assassins Creed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Any idea of how much GameStop are giving for the Xbox one s white with the 50% bonus towards the X

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Traded in my OG Xbox One and a WiiU two weeks ago - chomping at the bit now for my X. I still have a 1080p TV (won't be upgrading that for a while yet) but looking forward to seeing what this can do. Roll on the 7th.

My pre-order is for the Scorpio edition from Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ive a preorder in smyths myself. On one hand, a new console is nice, on the other hand, I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to be playing to take advantage of all this power, although I am considering going back and replaying Gears 4, plus some titanfall 2 multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

Currently spending most evenings trying to figure out how the hell Elder Scrolls Online works (I have never played an MMO before) so a 4K UHD upgrade will be very nice once it comes, and I'll happily give Fallout 3 and 4 an auld replay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭pm.

Hi all new to the Xbox form... I also put a deposit down on the one x and hope to collect it next Tuesday, just a few questions. I really liked the steam games like day of defeat source is the one able to play pc games? Is battlefield 1 going to be 4k?

Is The controller that comes with the one x the better one ( can't remember the name of the better controller) and finally what is the best subscription to get to access on line games

Sorry for the noob questions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Are Gamestop having a midnight launch?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

pm. wrote: »
    Hi all new to the Xbox form... I also put a deposit down on the one x and hope to collect it next Tuesday, just a few questions. I really liked the steam games like day of defeat source is the one able to play pc games? Is battlefield 1 going to be 4k?

Is The controller that comes with the one x the better one ( can't remember the name of the better controller) and finally what is the best subscription to get to access on line games

Sorry for the noob questions

As much as I'd love PC games on the Xbox, sadly no, it can't. Battlefield 1 is going to be enhanced, but no one knows yet.

The best Xbox One controller is the Elite, but the one that comes with the console is very good as well.

There's a thread here for Xbox Live Gold, but CDkeys is usually a good shout. You should also look into EA Access, ~€25 for access to most of the EA catalogue, a stunning deal in my opinion. Once you get Live Gold, make sure to grab the four free games every month. Someone generally puts them up in this thread when they become available.

Welcome to the Xbox forum, and enjoy your One X!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

OLDER GAMES SHOULD STILL WORK BETTER ON XBOX ONE X
    Even if games aren’t Xbox One X Enhanced, Microsoft is promising that some older titles should still run better regardless. You should get better texture quality, improved framerates and resolutions, depending on how the game was built.

I think this is a vital point that a lot of people were missing when saying that the X only makes sense if you've a 4K TV.

This should allow games like Battlefield 1 to run at close to constant 60fps in multiplayer, whereas on the regular Xbox One it tanks to about 30fps regularly when stuff is hectic on screen which is very irritating.

Digital Foundary have a test comparing BF1 online on the PS4 and the PS4 Pro, and the framerate is alot better on the latter, and the One X is considerably more powerful again.

So even a lot of games which may not be officially enhanced for the One X, not only could still look better at 1080p, will often run a heck of a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Carroller wrote: »
    Any idea of how much GameStop are giving for the Xbox one s white with the 50% bonus towards the X

€210 for the Xbox One S 500gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Basically for €9.99 you get access to about 140 games at the moment, a mixture of BC and XO games
    Its kinda like EA Access in a way

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The X's special startup screen @6:10 in the video below.

https://streamable.com/shdpw

My god, what a collection of a**eholes.

Looks great though, wonder will they get in trouble over showing that, I'm pretty sure everything to do with the software side of things is embargoed for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CatInABox wrote: »
    My god, what a collection of a**eholes.

Looks great though, wonder will they get in trouble over showing that, I'm pretty sure everything to do with the software side of things is embargoed for another while.
    And not one of them with a tripod :P

I think there is a press embargo that lifts this Friday.

Haha, someone else was obviously annoyed enough by the lads to upload it without all their talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone know if your external hard drives from your current Xbox One S, with games, will just plug into the One X and play? Albeit with any required updates /patches?

I'm guessing 'yes' as the thought of downloading 4+TB is terrifying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone know if your external hard drives from your current Xbox One S, with games, will just plug into the One X and play? Albeit with any required updates /patches?

I'm guessing 'yes' as the thought of downloading 4+GB is terrifying :)

Yes, and i assume you mean 4+ TB?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i presume Smyths aren't doing midnight launch for this?

Yes, and i assume you mean 4+ TB?

Yeah, damn auto correct :o

Thanks for the reply.

Now to figure out if gamestops 50% trade in bonus also applies to boxed Xbox One controllers if traded in with the Xbox One S.

I'm guessing 'yes' as the thought of downloading 4+TB is terrifying :)

Yes, they are, just swap them over, sign into the new console, and away you go.

In fact, you can select an option in the settings menu right now, which will download any 4K assets as they become available, so that any games that have a 4K patch will be ready to go on the One X immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Yeah, damn auto correct :o

Thanks for the reply.

Now to figure out if gamestops 50% trade in bonus also applies to boxed Xbox One controllers if traded in with the Xbox One S.

I was told you dont need the box, after i had packed mine all up and brought it in :/

• Advertisement

The One X will output at 1440p for those with those monitors at that resolution.

See here.

I was told you dont need the box, after i had packed mine all up and brought it in :/

Its almost a shame. I've a few unused special edition or coloured ones that I didn't even use and was wondering if they would take the One S with three controllers and give the 50% bonus.
    I'll call into them on Friday when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Does anyone know how much GameStop will give you, if you’re trading in an Xbox one S 1tb against the Xbox one X?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

emmetkenny wrote: »

Excited for this! Will be my first time playing a Witcher game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CatInABox wrote: »
    The One X will output at 1440p for those with those monitors at that resolution.

See here.

I am so delighted to see this as I have a 1440p monitor for my PC.

I was looking up 4k TV's and kept saying to myself I don't need it as it will not be in the sitting room and I watch no TV so my 144Hz 1440p monitor will do the job, obviously the One X will not output 144Hz but as long as it supports 1440 is all that matters.

I might sell my Samsung 1080p 76Hz monitor as currently on my desk I have a 1440p for PC and soon to be also One X and 1080p beside it was for my Xbox One(soon to sold) and beside that a older 720p TV that is for my 360/wii and original Xbox.

I will eventually get a 4K HDR monitor that will do my PC and One X but who knows when they will be released.

Also that boot up animation is so cool.

I am so delighted to see this as I have a 1440p monitor for my PC.

I was looking up 4k TV's and kept saying to myself I don't need it as it will not be in the sitting room and I watch no TV so my 144Hz 1440p monitor will do the job, obviously the One X will not output 144Hz but as long as it supports 1440 is all that matters.

I might sell my Samsung 1080p 76Hz monitor as currently on my desk I have a 1440p for PC and soon to be also One X and 1080p beside it was for my Xbox One(soon to sold) and beside that a older 720p TV that is for my 360/wii and original Xbox.

I will eventually get a 4K HDR monitor that will do my PC and One X but who knows when they will be released.

Also that boot up animation is so cool.

You should put Freesync on the list of requirements as well, seeing as the One X supports it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Tilikum wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much GameStop will give you, if you’re trading in an Xbox one S 1tb against the Xbox one X?

Just rang them there. You get €170 for the 1tb Xbox one s plus 50% = €255

So €479 - €255 = €224??

That’s a great deal in fairness. I rarely play games anymore & I don’t have a 4ktv. But I’ll definitely get a 4K tv in the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KBRADY

Tilikum wrote: »
    Just rang them there. You get €170 for the 1tb Xbox one s plus 50% = €255

So €479 - €255 = €224??

That’s a great deal in fairness. I rarely play games anymore & I don’t have a 4ktv. But I’ll definitely get a 4K tv in the next while.

That's a good trade in price but I think the console is 499 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

X Enhanced patch news coming thick and fast the last few days

Hitman - HDR, native 4K mode, 60fps performance mode, texture upgrades and more. I am glad I waited with playing this and that it ended up in my backlog.

NBA 2k18 - Native 4K resolution at 60fps

Witcher 3 - 4K with improved shadows, ambient occlusion and texture filtering with higher res textures

Good to see devs are making the most of it, comparisons I've read on the PS Pro patches for some of the same games have the X significantly ahead

Advertisement