Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Anyone pre-ordered from Gamestop had their order change from Confirmed yet? Getting to that time where my anxiety kicks in and I expect Gamestop to not get stock or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Yeah I'm in the same boat - I think I'd opt for the Switch though and then come back early next year for the X in a bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a tough one, a real chicken and egg moment. What to buy first, the console, or the TV that the console needs? I'm going with console first, hopefully the B7/C7 gets a good drop in price soon.

The c6 is an amazing tv and has the best 3D in any format if you can still find one. Thanks for the Hitman recommendation btw. Turned it on as soon as you said you can throw pool balls at people and I'm in love with the game. HDR is fantastic. I can't wait to see more games with HDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

mossym wrote: »
    i've a new 4k projector planned for xmas so getting pretty excited about the reviews coming out, like the previous posters i have a scorpio booked, so will be using it for 1080p for a few weeks. if it is not there tuesday i'll probably wait and get a standard edition at xmas

Theyll most likely dispatch Monday and deliver Tuesday. It's a shame the console launches on a Tuesday because they usually deliver everything I've ever got from them a day early.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

pcadhain wrote: »
    Theyll most likely dispatch Monday and deliver Tuesday. It's a shame the console launches on a Tuesday because they usually deliver everything I've ever got from them a day early.

mine is prebooked at Smyths so will be picking up locally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

More Digital Foundry videos starting to appear now.

FIFA 18 comparison up next.

https://youtu.be/hsbwQwfQqLA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sounds like EA have been very lazy about Fifa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

OmegaGene wrote: »
    the 50% has been going for a while, i got mine a month ago

I just rang the shop there in Galway and they said that it’s only on the of release, when you’re actually trading your Xbox in for the new console.

Wtf are they at?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

maximoose wrote: »

EA in laziness shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

French website, but scroll down and there are some really good screenshots with sliders to let you see what you'll get when you use the one x with a 1080 tv.

its quite startling how much it cleans up the image.

http://www.xboxygen.com/News/26025-Xbox-One-X-sur-TV-1080p-oui-c-est-plus-beau-et-on-le-prouve?lang=fr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

beercr8te wrote: »
    No word on Smyths website about midnight launch yet, have a scorpio edition one x pre ordered, the excitement is building just like 2013. The 7th can't come soon enough.
    according to their twitter. They have no plan of doing a midnight launch!

French website, but scroll down and there are some really good screenshots with sliders to let you see what you'll get when you use the one x with a 1080 tv.

its quite startling how much it cleans up the image.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Blocked in work anyway, damn.

Looked at it on my phone and seems like the improvements are pretty clear, didn't expect as much on 1080p displays

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

maximoose wrote: »

Did they do anything to it, or nothing at all?

Was gonna trade in pro and buy fifa, but it's probably only a couple of months away from being given away on Access anyway!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Man, the differences in load times are something else.

https://twitter.com/Stallion83/status/926359750308171776

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

CatInABox wrote: »
    Man, the differences in load times are something else.

https://twitter.com/Stallion83/status/926359750308171776

is that .24?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I highly doubt that. It would be 24 seconds.

Digital Foundry backward compatibility test, with other stuff.

An entire minute chopped off Witcher 3 load times, that's crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Shred

Hmm I wasn't particularly arsed but, much like when the One came out, the nearer it gets to launch the more I'm tempted. Faster load times alone would be almost worth it - GTA V is ridiculous as it is ffs. I think I'll hold off for a while though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Doomofman wrote: »
    Blocked in work anyway, damn.

Looked at it on my phone and seems like the improvements are pretty clear, didn't expect as much on 1080p displays

I don't know why people kept insisting you'd need a 4K display to make the X worthwhile, truth be told most Xbox One games are sub 1080p and running at low-medium settings - the X brings them more in line with 1080p high-ultra.

I think the problem is that people equate Xbox One/PS4 visual quality with 1080p image quality simply because they're 1080p consoles - but they are not powerful enough to remotely reach the potential of 1080p image quality.

It is 100% worthwhile getting the X if you've a decent 1080p TV.

I can't wait for the X enhanced edition of the LA Noire now :)

I am really tempted with that game again now

Pre-ordered from Amazon at £30

I always trust R* to do a good re-master :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I never played LA Noire so I will deffo get it for my One X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I never played LA Noire so I will deffo get it for my One X.

It was a brilliant game. Not sure I'd play through it again but I played the game and all the DLC on the 360 and loved every second of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I thought Noire was pretty weak by R* standards tbh. Impressive visuals for the day but the cases were unbelievably repetitive. I grinded it out but never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I heard that they can't guarantee stock on launch day. I'd assume this is for people who didn't preorder it

Who can’t ?
    Any source ?

Pretty much everyone, to be honest.

Well that’s cleared that up then

Sorry OmegaGene, just going by people who've talked to people in store/on the phone!

• Advertisement

Anyone pre ordering now isn’t getting one until the 20th of November according to GameStop
    Pre orders in Smyths are apparently first come first served which sounds a bit crap to me

That's absolutely diabolical, a bizarre way of doing it.

Advertisement