Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

is anyone else having issues with their xbox one x where you cant return to the menu in the middle of the game? everytime i press the home button on the xbox controller a darker shade just comes up on the screen and only way i can get back to the menu is by restarting the console which is annoying. I cant even press my account id at the top left corner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

is anyone else having issues with their xbox one x where you cant return to the menu in the middle of the game? everytime i press the home button on the xbox controller a darker shade just comes up on the screen and only way i can get back to the menu is by restarting the console which is annoying. I cant even press my account id at the top left corner

This could be the start of an issue with your console. I would recommend you do a system restore and see if that fixes your issue. If the issue remains you may be looking at a replacement console down the line.

Are you getting any error codes on screen?

ZiabR wrote: »
    This could be the start of an issue with your console. I would recommend you do a system restore and see if that fixes your issue. If the issue remains you may be looking at a replacement console down the line.

Are you getting any error codes on screen?

i dont have an external hard drive yet so i will probably lose game progress right if i press reset console? and no errors just a darker shade of the screen...like i can still see home menu but in a darker shade everytime i press account id. i cant even browse the store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Have you contacted MS Support? I found them useful in getting various troubleshooting steps:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/contact-us#0:1:2

Use the "Chat with Xbox Support" icon in step 4 on the above page.

i dont have an external hard drive yet so i will probably lose game progress right if i press reset console? and no errors just a darker shade of the screen...like i can still see home menu but in a darker shade everytime i press account id. i cant even browse the store

No, everything is saved on the cloud. All of your saved games etc are safe. Once you reset the console you can download your saved games again.

The only thing is, you will have to download your games again. I would still recommend resetting the console. Microsoft will also ask that you do this if you contact them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

No, everything is saved on the cloud. All of your saved games etc are safe. Once you reset the console you can download your saved games again.

The only thing is, you will have to download your games again. I would still recommend resetting the console. Microsoft will also ask that you do this if you contact them.

You can reset without deleting installed games and apps, but if that doesn't work you may have to reset the whole thing.

You can reset without deleting installed games and apps, but if that doesn't work you may have to reset the whole thing.

Yeah you can do this already but Microsoft will always recommend a full reset. Get a fresh start so to speak.

I suppose you could always reset and choose to keep everything and if that does not work then do the full reset.

Have you contacted MS Support? I found them useful in getting various troubleshooting steps:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/contact-us#0:1:2

Use the "Chat with Xbox Support" icon in step 4 on the above page.

cheers for advice lads i contacted them and all was needed was a cold reboot by plugging it out and back in again and working fine now. Jeez i feel like a fair eejit now for not trying that in 1st place:p

cheers for advice lads i contacted them and all was needed was a cold reboot by plugging it out and back in again and working fine now. Jeez i feel like a fair eejit now for not trying that in 1st place:p

Glad you are sorted. I never leave my console on "Instant On". Mine is always set to "Energy Saving". I am essentially cold booting every time I power it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

known issue with consoles that are on for a while - fix coming in next patch. Cold booting will solve it for now.

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice their controller randomly disconnect and reconnect ? Happened a few times over the last week or so. Not often enough to be a major problem but 4 or 5 times none the less. I'm on preview dash. It's the pad that came with the X haven't had the others in use. Might use one of them and see if it occurs again.

Anyone else notice their controller randomly disconnect and reconnect ? Happened a few times over the last week or so. Not often enough to be a major problem but 4 or 5 times none the less. I'm on preview dash. It's the pad that came with the X haven't had the others in use. Might use one of them and see if it occurs again.

Happened once to me so far a few weeks ago. No issues since so not really sure what the cause was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Overwatch 4k/X patch is out, 655mb

Advertisement