Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anybody know how long Gamestop hold a preorder for?? Looks like I won't make in tuesday :(

Probably until close of business Tuesday.... I'm kidding :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

wexdevil wrote: »
    On my receipt from today it says 48hrs after release.

(but didn't they screw with people who had ordered the snes mini?)

Best to ring your local store and confirm for yourself

Ah frig it anyway. I may take a half day or something. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Addresspal is the slowest of the three companies and will charge you over size I think, the parcel wizard crowd are the fastest I’ve found over the years and I’m yet to be charged for an over size

Yeah, should've just booked it in Smyths. Off Tuesday and all and have COD:WW2 already sitting here.

Only got it from Currys because it came with free Halo 5, Quantum Break and Forza 7 for €500....suppose it's worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Addresspal is the slowest of the three companies and will charge you over size I think, the parcel wizard crowd are the fastest I’ve found over the years and I’m yet to be charged for an over size

I still use addresspal even if it is slow as there is a post office just up the road from me and the strange thing is I have to go behind the counter and process the parcel myself on the post office computer. She rings me up and tells me there is a parcel there for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ForzaHorizon4

Would any Gamestop in Dublin have a One X left, I'm going with the deal and trading 2 One S in. Don't want to be without a console for over 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Would any Gamestop in Dublin have a One X left, I'm going with the deal and trading 2 One S in. Don't want to be without a console for over 2 weeks.

Tbh I doubt it there seems to be limited stock at launch.

But I'm just basing this on what I heard. Nobody can really answer that so best turn up at a GameStop on launch day as soon as they open and hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ForzaHorizon4

Tbh I doubt it there seems to be limited stock at launch.

But I'm just basing this on what I heard. Nobody can really answer that so best turn up at a GameStop on launch day as soon as they open and hope for the best.
    I was going to pre-order it tomorrow when I trade my consoles in with the bonus trade in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I searched but couldn’t find it - what are Gamestop offering trade in value on the Xbox One S for the X?

quarryman wrote: »
    I searched but couldn’t find it - what are Gamestop offering trade in value on the Xbox One S for the X?

€130 for the 500GB model.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

€130 for the 500GB model.

Thanks.

That’s way less than I was hoping for...

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    Thanks.

That’s way less than I was hoping for...

You get another 50% on top of that against the X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Anyone know how much they are trading the Xbox one in for??

Seems like a great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Was in gamestop today they said there's no midnight launch. Never said if they were opening earlier tho which some of them did for fifa. They have the One X in stock ready to go for Tuesday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Was in gamestop today they said there's no midnight launch. Never said if they were opening earlier tho which some of them did for fifa. They have the One X in stock ready to go for Tuesday morning

What store did you go to?

I'm gonna trade in my One tomorrow and check if my store has stock in for Tuesday

Bit of an update in case it's useful to anyone...

Pre-ordered my Scorpio Edition in Gamestop in Clarehall, Dublin. Traded in a 1TB OG Xbox One (the matt black one) and got €120 for it PLUS the 50% trade in offer for the X which brought it to €180. Paid off the rest of my pre-order. Guy in the shop said they have their stock in and that calls to people with pre-orders should be happening tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Doomofman wrote: »
    Bit of an update in case it's useful to anyone...

Pre-ordered my Scorpio Edition in Gamestop in Clarehall, Dublin. Traded in a 1TB OG Xbox One (the matt black one) and got €120 for it PLUS the 50% trade in offer for the X which brought it to €180. Paid off the rest of my pre-order. Guy in the shop said they have their stock in and that calls to people with pre-orders should be happening tomorrow :)
    Just left GS in Galway.Busy as feck with trade ins.Got 205e for Xone S.About 15 lads in the q with xboxes for trade in

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Does anyone know if the GameStop deal will still be running tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Does anyone know if the GameStop deal will still be running tomorrow?

I was told untill tomorrow 6pm

It's a bit mad that it's not going until the end of launch day

It takes half an hour to test the consoles, they will probably be a bit busy on launch day

Makes sense I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'm so tempted to go in tomorrow but the thought of not having a console until the 20 th or later, if there isn't enough supply, is putting me off.

amadablam wrote: »
    I'm so tempted to go in tomorrow but the thought of not having a console until the 20 th or later, if there isn't enough supply, is putting me off.

Do you not have a PlayStation as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you not have a PlayStation as well?

I do but rarely play it, everything is on my Xbox. I'm liable to buy everything on ps4 all over again if I have to wait too long. :o

I get your point though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

A great collection of 4k videos here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Anyone know if argos will have them on Tuesday?

pcadhain wrote: »
    A great collection of 4k videos here.

It's amazing the upgrades Oblivion and Fallout 3 got

Nothing on Argos.ie about the console, over the water Argos are delivering a minute past midnight (feckers)
    Have you tried Harvey Norman online ?
    No not yet. Sure I'll try my luck on the day and try a few shops.

Never even thought of Harvey normans

They have the console and forza for €499 and it looks like you can order online for collection

Just had a look, not sure they will have them on launch. But I'll run in on Tuesday morning and see.

Thanks for the heads up

MS Ireland store still seems to be taking pre orders for anyone interested.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/store/d/xbox-one-x-1tb-console/8nq33jvv1s9v/mw5j

• Advertisement

MS Ireland store still seems to be taking pre orders for anyone interested.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/store/d/xbox-one-x-1tb-console/8nq33jvv1s9v/mw5j

I had them on live chat the other night and they said it would be guaranteed delivery before Nov. 30 but not for launch day.

EDIT: Actually laziness got the better of me and rahter than wait for stock in GS or play lotto with Argos I pulled the trigger and let it come when it comes and the email receipt says :

Available: 06 November 2017
    Delivery Method: Standard

Advertisement