Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Order dispatched. WHOOP!

Actually, looking at the dispatch location. . . .I might have it today. . . .

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Who did you buy from ?

very.co.uk

although, on second thoughts, it says "dispatched by our supplier" so that could be coming from anywhere

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

has anyoen with a scorpio preorder from smyths heard anything by text or email? I've had nothing since my confirmation email for the preorder, but my phone has been acting up for text messages for the last few weeks and i haven't been getting a lot of texts that have been sent to me, just wondering if anyone has received a confirmation for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

mossym wrote: »
    has anyoen with a scorpio preorder from smyths heard anything by text or email? I've had nothing since my confirmation email for the preorder, but my phone has been acting up for text messages for the last few weeks and i haven't been getting a lot of texts that have been sent to me, just wondering if anyone has received a confirmation for tomorrow

nope, not a jot. I'm going to ring them there in a while to see what the story is. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭Soarer

Morning lads.

We're 12 pages in, and apologies to all concerned, but can people answer the following?

I've a 6 month old 500gb One S. Will anywhere take this as trade in against the X? If so, who gives the best price and what's expected to be traded in?
    What happens to the games stored on the machine? How do I remove all my details before trading in?
    Will all my One games and controllers work with the X?

And finally, is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

also,
    meant to post this earlier

Hopefully you get it today
    Just noticed on the website 20% off first order using their credit, not bad if it’s paid off straight away

That deal is the reason I'm now a Very customer. It was but now, pay nothing for 9 months. Although I imagine this is likely to be my only ever purchase with them.

Just a thought, I'm just looking at some of the enhanced games that I've not played yet (Halo 5, Doom etc) on the CEX website. Really cheap. Are we likely to see the prices creep back up due to new X owners buying them all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

I have a preorder for GameStop in Galway (collect) if anyone wants it let me know.

I only preordered on the 1st so you’re not 100% guaranteed to get it tomorrow.

PM if you want it.

theteal wrote: »
    That deal is the reason I'm now a Very customer. It was but now, pay nothing for 9 months. Although I imagine this is likely to be my only ever purchase with them.

Just a thought, I'm just looking at some of the enhanced games that I've not played yet (Halo 5, Doom etc) on the CEX website. Really cheap. Are we likely to see the prices creep back up due to new X owners buying them all?

Proabably not tbh. and even if they did, it would only be a momentary blip, they'll be back down again in a month or so. A few of those games are on gamepass as well, and everyone is likely getting a free month of that included with the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Soarer wrote: »
    Morning lads.

We're 12 pages in, and apologies to all concerned, but can people answer the following? (Jesus your lazy :D)

I've a 6 month old 500gb One S. Will anywhere take this as trade in against the X?

Gamestop with 50% bonus which finishes today (€210)

If so, who gives the best price and what's expected to be traded in?

Console, controller, HDMI cable and Power cable (up to you if you have kinect)

What happens to the games stored on the machine? How do I remove all my details before trading in?

Factory reset and wipe the lot. re download when you log in on your new machine unless you have an external drive you could copy everything over before you factory reset and wipe it.

Will all my One games and controllers work with the X? Yes

And finally, is it worth the upgrade? If you have a good 4k setup (or plan to), appreciate faster load times and graphical improvement, etc., yes. Considering its your money, loads of reading online

Thanks in advance.

Answers above

• Advertisement

Proabably not tbh. and even if they did, it would only be a momentary blip, they'll be back down again in a month or so. A few of those games are on gamepass as well, and everyone is likely getting a free month of that included with the console.

Didn't think of gamepass. Must look up what's in it

Didn’t GameStop ask people not to factory reset because they need to check the console before accepting it as a trade

Not sure, I wiped mine anyway as I would rather they spent two minute signing in on their 'store profile' and downloading any updates to set it up and test it rather than trusting someone to adequately wipe my details

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone use their One S as a TV hub, planning to continue to do so after the upgrade?
    It seems the X is a lot more power hungry, even in idle dashboard, according to the Digital Foundry review video from earlier in the thread!

nope, not a jot. I'm going to ring them there in a while to see what the story is. I'll let you know how I get on.

well, looks like smyths do a lot of things, but answering the phone isn't one of them. There's two branches in cork and both are just ringing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

well, looks like smyths do a lot of things, but answering the phone isn't one of them. There's two branches in cork and both are just ringing out.

You've to ring head office I think. I could never get through to individual stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

They've probably been incapacitated and Scorpio editions are being made off with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i'm going to call into the one i have preordered with on my way home, find out what they story is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Rang my local GameStop and they don’t open until 9:30
    I asked the woman if I get there for 10:30 would my pre order 100% be there ?
    “Um yeah it should be”

I thought they were supposed to hold pre-orders for 48 hours?

Still haven't received a call from my Gamestop telling me its there

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Doomofman wrote: »

Still haven't received a call from my Gamestop telling me its there
    Funninly enough even though I was in the one where my preorder is on saturday to pay off some more they still called me yesterday to see if I would be in tuesday or wednesday to collect it.

wexdevil wrote: »
    Funninly enough even though I was in the one where my preorder is on saturday to pay off some more they still called me yesterday to see if I would be in tuesday or wednesday to collect it.

Yeah I was in mine yesterday, the guy there reckoned they would call today but nothing yet.... I'll leave it a few hours and if I hear nothing I'll call them

• Advertisement

Hope they keep it for me considering it’s paid for

Was in there earlier and they said that anyone that The people with original preordered consoles with deposits will get priority on the consoles and will be held for 48 hours but that they will be called to ensure they are collecting it and if not they will be refunded their deposit and the console will be given to the next person in the wait list and so on....

They also said that they dont know how many consoles they are getting in.

Still no call from Gamestop... Think I'll give them til 1 and then I'll ring them myself

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone use their One S as a TV hub, planning to continue to do so after the upgrade?
    It seems the X is a lot more power hungry, even in idle dashboard, according to the Digital Foundry review video from earlier in the thread!

I was using my old fat One as TV hub, great for all the streaming apps and Skype. MrsTeal did comment in the last few days how she likes that our new TV has all the apps inbuilt (nowTV box is the only separate) as we got rid of xbox a couple of weeks ago. I had planned on reconnecting the X as a hub again but I'm having second thoughts - will need to wait until I can somehow procure the kinect adapter. Power consumption didn't really factor into my decision but now you've mentioned it I may have to run a test or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

theteal wrote: »
    I was using my old fat One as TV hub, great for all the streaming apps and Skype. MrsTeal did comment in the last few days how she likes that our new TV has all the apps inbuilt (nowTV box is the only separate) as we got rid of xbox a couple of weeks ago. I had planned on reconnecting the X as a hub again but I'm having second thoughts - will need to wait until I can somehow procure the kinect adapter. Power consumption didn't really factor into my decision but now you've mentioned it I may have to run a test or two.

The older model and the X are almost the same in power consumption.
    Just that the S was a really light on power user.

Original One consumed 48W during idle dash.
    The One S consumed 25W.
    The One X will consume 50W.

All figures obviously subject to believing DF test results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Patiently* waiting on Amazon to dispatch mine.

*Not so patiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭j14

Only got offered €180 as trade-in in Gamestop for my 1TB One S against the One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

j14 wrote: »
    Only got offered €180 as trade-in in Gamestop for my 1TB One S against the One X.

Did you not have a controller or something?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The older model and the X are almost the same in power consumption.
    Just that the S was a really light on power user.

Original One consumed 48W during idle dash.
    The One S consumed 25W.
    The One X will consume 50W.

All figures obviously subject to believing DF test results :)

OK, grand, thanks, scrap those tests I had planned so

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭j14

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you not have a controller or something?

I had everything.

Its only 11 months old.

All complete with controller, HDMI, Power cable and console.

I even had the box and all the little plastic bags and styrofoam inside the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

j14 wrote: »
    I had everything.

Its only 11 months old.

All complete with controller, HDMI, Power cable and console.

I even had the box and all the little plastic bags and styrofoam inside the box.

They have been slowly reducing the trade in value of the One S in over the last 2 weeks. That 50% boost is not really 50% anymore.

Last week I checked in store and the Xbox One S 500GB trade value was €140. The next day I walked in and it was €130 bringing my 50% to €195

Advertisement