Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CatInABox wrote: »
    That's absolutely diabolical, a bizarre way of doing it.

That is crazy especially when you pre-ordered it. I might use that to my advantage and hopefully snag a Scorpio edition I did not pre-order. I just have the standard one pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

That is crazy especially when you pre-ordered it. I might use that to my advantage and hopefully snag a Scorpio edition I did not pre-order. I just have the standard one pre-ordered.

If they give out scorpio editions to people who only ordered the regular edition, I'll have an A1 fcking meltdown in the middle of the store! I'll bet I even make the lunchtime and 6-1 news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That'd be a ****ty thing to do

I thought Noire was pretty weak by R* standards tbh. Impressive visuals for the day but the cases were unbelievably repetitive. I grinded it out but never again.

It was, they made a world were there was sweet f all to do outside of the main story, and the only only reason you had to drive or explore was for collectibles.

Then theres the story of what became of the studio in the aftermath.

Good clip here from Major Nelson on how to prep for the X.

https://youtu.be/BYVn6hLb7Ls

Judging by the amount of Xbox One S going up on Adverts in the last few days I think there will lots of people upgrading on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That'd be a ****ty thing to do

I was joking. I can't imagine they would be that stupid to do that. Tbh that whole first come first served is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I was joking. I can't imagine they would be that stupid to do that. Tbh that whole first come first served is ridiculous.

I've mine pre ordered since August so if I go into gamestop and there isn't one there for me God help who ever is behind the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I can’t see any company doing it, it’s ridiculous but users have been told this by smyths staff, I asked the manager in game stop if my order was secure for launch day and he laughed at me lol
    Anybody know the hdmi cable length ?
    The 4k tv I bought had the hdmi connections on the opposite sode to my last tv

Probably the same length as the cable that came with the One

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Anybody know the hdmi cable length ?

I don't see any confirmation out there, but the general consensus is 6ft. Judging the unboxing videos by eye, I'd say 6ft as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have a project serpico on pre order from Amazon works out 430 euros. Not to bad.

But I am still on the wall about getting it.

I have a ps4 pro barely use the thing and I play on my switch 85% of the time now as the switch is like the perfect console.

My Xbox one s has been used for sky go and Netflix in the bedroom since I got it last year and the fact it's great for that I won't sell it.

But the 4k blu ray player in the one x and 4k games will give me a reason to buy the one x.

But I am in the Usa on to the end of the month so I won't get to play the one x to then :/.

I am really thinking to wait to the new year as I have loads of games to get in the next month and the fact with work and a girlfirend I don't have the time I used to for games anyone so I am going mad here on what to do ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I'm guessing at this point that there will be no midnight launches for the one x in gamestop.

Kinda suits me to be honest, I hate going down for midnight launches but given the option I'll always go.

Have a project serpico on pre order from Amazon works out 430 euros. Not to bad.

But I am still on the wall about getting it.

I have a ps4 pro barely use the thing and I play on my switch 85% of the time now as the switch is like the perfect console.

My Xbox one s has been used for sky go and Netflix in the bedroom since I got it last year and the fact it's great for that I won't sell it.

But the 4k blu ray player in the one x and 4k games will give me a reason to buy the one x.

But I am in the Usa on to the end of the month so I won't get to play the one x to then :/.

I am really thinking to wait to the new year as I have loads of games to get in the next month and the fact with work and a girlfirend I don't have the time I used to for games anyone so I am going mad here on what to do ha.

There is a 4K Blueray player in the One S as well.

I'd keep the Scorpio pre order if you can afford it. If you have it still sealed I can't see you having much trouble selling it on if you change your mind.

My local GameStop said that aren’t doing it but might be wormer giving your local one a call and check, they did one 4 years ago for the Xbox one so it’s strage they arent this time

Usually the ones that do mid night launches these days are the ones on the street , any that are in shopping centers don't seem to bother due to the extra effort involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Right, I’ve packed up my Xbox one S. Heading into GameStop. I haven’t played a game on in since it first came out. I only use it for Netflix/watching the odd DVD.

Am I insane trading it it for the new one? Seeing as I don’t play games anymore & I don’t own a 4ktv?

Tilikum wrote: »
    Right, I’ve packed up my Xbox one S. Heading into GameStop. I haven’t played a game on in since it first came out. I only use it for Netflix/watching the odd DVD.

Am I insane trading it it for the new one? Seeing as I don’t play games anymore & I don’t own a 4ktv?

Yea if your not going to play any games I don't see the point to be honest.

The S does 4K Netflix and has a 4K Blueray player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Tilikum wrote: »

Not having a 4K TV is no real reason not to upgrade....but never playing games would be a better indicator! :)

I never played my Xbox One S either, but that was mostly because I think it's a very underpowered console and that this generation is very disappointing overall.

I'm getting the OneX though and will be playing a lot more single player games on it rather than my PC (which will be more for multiplayer games now)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You'd be surprised at the amount of stupid decisions that are made in retail, by some bub with a shiny new suit in head office, without having any clue how it'll affect the store staff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Just had phone call from GS Galway saying that my Scorpio will be ready on tuesday.She also said when I bring my S for trade in to delete my account ,make sure its not my HOME CONSOLE anymore but not to format (factory settings) my xbox one s because they have to test it.Is there anything I have to do except delete my accounts from my S and change HOME CONSOLE on account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Just had phone call from GS Galway saying that my Scorpio will be ready on tuesday.She also said when I bring my S for trade in to delete my account ,make sure its not my HOME CONSOLE anymore but not to format (factory settings) my xbox one s because they have to test it.Is there anything I have to do except delete my accounts from my S and change HOME CONSOLE on account?

This will give me anxiety for the rest of the day now if I don't get a call :P (though in Dublin not galway)

Question for you, was yours ordered online? If so, has your order changed from Confirmed to something else now?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Doomofman wrote: »
    This will give me anxiety for the rest of the day now if I don't get a call :P (though in Dublin not galway)

Question for you, was yours ordered online? If so, has your order changed from Confirmed to something else now?
    I ordered in the shop with cash deposit 1 day after preorders where available.
    Paid 250 so far and im going to get 144+50% for my S :) wich I paid 219 lat year in Argos :)

• Advertisement

I ordered in the shop with cash deposit 1 day after preorders where available.
    Paid 250 so far and im going to get 144+50% for my S :) wich I paid 219 lat year in Argos :)

Ah cool, I'm trading a 1TB on Monday against it hoping it'll take a 100 off anyway..

Dunno why I have this fear of my Gamestop not getting stock in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I ordered mine from Currys in the UK, slightly worried that between shortages and it having to be sent from the UK to AddressPal then across here, it'll be almost December before I see it....

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

No call from gamestop here(ordered online and collect in store) Though to be fair I'm only after turning my phone back on* since I forgot to turn it on when I finished overtime(how i payed for the scorpio) yesterday.

Actually scratch that, payed off another €200 and they will definitely have the scorpio edition for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

My order from Gamestop online has been charged. It's an odd feeling to be so excited to play games I already have, just better looking and faster.

I was onto Amazon because my Scorpio edition is still showing delivery between 9th and 11th November, apparently they still have not received stock yet :(

pcadhain wrote: »
    My order from Gamestop online has been charged. It's an odd feeling to be so excited to play games I already have, just better looking and faster.

Impatiently waiting to hear something from Gamestop... There's no reason there should be any issue with my order but I'm too damn paranoid about it all going wrong...

You collecting from GS or having it delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Doomofman wrote: »
    Impatiently waiting to hear something from Gamestop... There's no reason there should be any issue with my order but I'm too damn paranoid about it all going wrong...

You collecting from GS or having it delivered?

Delivered. Just checked my online statement and it was taken today.

pcadhain wrote: »
    Delivered. Just checked my online statement and it was taken today.

I'm guessing Gamestop must have received their stock today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Does anybody know how long Gamestop hold a preorder for?? Looks like I won't make in tuesday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Does anybody know how long Gamestop hold a preorder for?? Looks like I won't make in tuesday :(

On my receipt from today it says 48hrs after release.

(but didn't they screw with people who had ordered the snes mini?)

Best to ring your local store and confirm for yourself

Advertisement