Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

j14 wrote: »
    Only got offered €180 as trade-in in Gamestop for my 1TB One S against the One X.

I was in yesterday and got €225 for a 1tb One S with just a controller, HDMI and power cable. No box or anything! Unless they dropped the value again today?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭j14

I was in yesterday and got €225 for a 1tb One S with just a controller, HDMI and power cable. No box or anything! Unless they dropped the value again today?

Can I ask which branch this was in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hmmm, €180 would seem more like the 500gb price now I'd say. Did they mix it up and only give you the trade price for the 500gb model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I went in to my local gamestop just to check everything was okay. They said "yes, you have one Xbox one x scorpio edition, and one regular Xbox one x"

I said, "er, what" she repeated it and said I'd paid €50 off the scorpio edition and €450 off the regular one

I said that I only ordered one, the scorpio edition and she fixed it for me.

I guess someone will unexpectedly be getting a console tomorrow, but if I'd had a bit more time to think about it I probably would have made a few phone calls first.

Here's a list of patches currently available for games and their file sizes.

Anything AAA have whopping file sizes and thats on top of the base install I assume?

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-28475-[Updated]-Here-s-a-List-of-All-the-Xbox-One-X-Enhanced-Game-Patches-Available-Now.html

EDIT: Looks to the total install size for those games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Patiently* waiting on Amazon to dispatch mine.

*Not so patiently.

BIG TIME . they are never quick sending consoles out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Gamestop nearly gave me a heart attack... Called them up to see if my Pre-Order was ready, gave them my name and the guy was like 'oh your on the second batch list, they'll be here in around 2 weeks time' (I pre-ordered less than an hour after they went live), there was a bit of discussion in the background and eventually 'oh sorry, we missed it the first time, yeah, your project scorpio edition is here for tomorrow'

That was scary haha

So a couple of things to take from that

1) My Gamestop (Clarehall, Dublin) doesn't appear to be calling people, as I asked if there'd be calls going out and he said he didn't think so

and

2) If you didn't order early, looks like you could be waiting 2 weeks to get yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

How do I cancel a preorder with GameStop if they don’t bother answer the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Tilikum wrote: »
    How do I cancel a preorder with GameStop if they don’t bother answer the phone?

I had to try a couple of times to get through to my local store

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Patiently* waiting on Amazon to dispatch mine.

*Not so patiently.

Mine is sitting there as "Arriving tomorrow, shipping today" but god damn it I want proof :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

j14 wrote: »
    Can I ask which branch this was in?

Stephen's Green branch, got a lad that was very helpful I must say (a rarity for Gamestop it seems)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I got a call from Gamestop to tell me my Scorpio is inside waiting for me. They said they'll keep it for 48 hours

• Just walked into Argos and they reserved it for me in-store ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

GameStop Swords just called me to ask if I'd be picking up the Scorpio tomorrow.
    When I pre-ordered, I didn't think I would have to pick it up midweek, when I'm at work, and they close at 6pm.
    Asked if I could pay for it right now, then keep it for me until the weekend; man said no, I have to collect in 48 hours, or goes to the next person.

Not sure what to do, but I want the damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just walked into Argos and they reserved it for me in-store ;)

Good thinking Mick :)

Did they give you a price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Stephen's Green branch, got a lad that was very helpful I must say (a rarity for Gamestop it seems)

Don't worry, if he has any sort of aptitude at all, he won't be there long :D

JoyPad wrote: »
    Not sure what to do, but I want the damn thing.

Can you go and retrieve it on your lunch break?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭Soarer

amadablam wrote: »
    Answers above

Cheers for that.

Proper dilemma. I don't really play what I have, but I know I'll upgrade eventually anyway. And when will I ever get as much for my S? Then again, the X will gradually reduce in price....

Rock - Me - Hardplace

• marcbrophy wrote: »
    Good thinking Mick :)

Did they give you a price?

Yes, unfortunately its 564 euros

They have stock in certain stores now

I have to head to Tullamore tomorrow to collect mine

Best bet is to go in now to any Argos store rather than wait until tonight on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Can you go and retrieve it on your lunch break?

Not really. I picked the store thinking I would be grabbing it on one of our weekend shopping trips to Pavilions. But I work in Dublin 4. Will need to take time off work, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Not really. I picked the store thinking I would be grabbing it on one of our weekend shopping trips to Pavilions. But I work in Dublin 4. Will need to take time off work, I think.

Hope you dont mind be saying but you look terrible, are you sick? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

so according to Smyths twitter page, someone asked. they are having a midnight launch for orders made before 31/10/2017 and that all other orders will be furfilled by the 19th. not sure if its just UK stores or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭j14

I've just traded my One S into Tallaght, Gamestop (I must say Conor was very helpful).

I got €225 for the 1TB One S console.

I have missed the first lot of stock.

Expected to have 2nd lot of stock in two weeks and I should have my X then but he could not give a definite date.

I'm taking the day off tomorrow, so I don't miss out.
    You might have to take some time off alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone heard anything from Smyths?

I pre-ordered my Scorpio Edition within 2 hours of the Pre Orders going live. I have all of the confirmation e-mails etc but upon checking the Smyths website today, it says that it will be a first come first served policy.

With this in mind I called into the Smyths to find out what was going on with the Pre Orders and I was told that "first come first served" only applies to general console sales and that all Pre Orders would be honored and fulfilled.

I mentioned that I would be back at 9am to collect my console to which I was told "dont call at 9am because there is no guarantee that my console will be ready for collection". I was told that I must wait for a confirmation e-mail/text saying my order was ready.

When I explained that this would be ok for a standard console, I had ordered the limited edition version and didnt feel comfortable just sitting around waiting.

I am very skeptical, and I am thinking of just going into a 9am tomorrow again to try and secure my Pre Order.

Anyone got anything from Smyths yet, or does anyone know anyone working in a Smyths store that can confirm how the Pre Orders are going to be handled tomorrow?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    ask them on twitter

Have done, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Amazon order now handed to courier for NI delivery tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

i'm a bit skeptical myself to be honest. I emailed them the other day and got back a pretty standard mail - ' thanks for getting in touch. This item launches next Tuesday November 7th and will be available to collect in store as of then'.

Am in work tomorrow, but might try to take a half day to collect it. Although i'm wondering will there be better value deals including games etc. if I don't get the limited edition one. Don't think any games come with it do they?

logik wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything from Smyths?

No, but I'm in the same boat as you!
    I'm certain that they wouldn't be dumb enough to give away a pre-order special edition unit to people who pre-ordered the regular edition.

If they do, they will have a huge fckuing backlash against them :D

• Advertisement

Chieftain wrote: »
    i'm a bit skeptical myself to be honest. I emailed them the other day and got back a pretty standard mail - ' thanks for getting in touch. This item launches next Tuesday November 7th and will be available to collect in store as of then'.

Am in work tomorrow, but might try to take a half day to collect it. Although i'm wondering will there be better value deals including games etc. if I don't get the limited edition one. Don't think any games come with it do they?

There are deals to be had alright, I am just not 100% sure of what games are bundled with it.

Advertisement