Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

CatInABox wrote: »
    The One X will output at 1440p for those with those monitors at that resolution.

Just the question I came here to ask, already answered! Thanks!

I've recently bought a G920 wheel, which is attached to my desk, for PC gaming. The XB1 was connected to my TV, sitting on the wall to my right, so there was no good position to use the wheel on XB1, until it dawned on me to hook up the XB1 to the PC monitor. Now I can play Project CARS 2 on XB1 with the wheel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Tilikum wrote: »
    Just rang them there. You get €170 for the 1tb Xbox one s plus 50% = €255

So €479 - €255 = €224??

That’s a great deal in fairness. I rarely play games anymore & I don’t have a 4ktv. But I’ll definitely get a 4K tv in the next while.

Any idea how long the 50% bonus is going to run? I'm away at the moment but so want to trade this in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Had the pre-order 499 money taken for my account so think mine X is on the way for launch day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i pre-ordered from amazon so hoping to have it by Christmas 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

My Amazon order is showing dispatch Saturday for delivery Tuesday

I can't wait now :)

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    My Amazon order is showing dispatch Saturday for delivery Tuesday

I can't wait now :)

i ordred 20 aug and i have a 'Arriving 9 Nov - 11 Nov'

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

peteeeed wrote: »
    i ordred 20 aug and i have a 'Arriving 9 Nov - 11 Nov'

I ordered Scorpio as soon as it went live on Amazon and I'm getting the same as you.

Oh sorry disclaimer, it's to NI

Oh sorry disclaimer, it's to NI

ahhhhh here brits out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Glad I held off from playing this. Looks stunning in 4K.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

KBRADY wrote: »
    That's a good trade in price but I think the console is 499 though

Yeah, but I preordered it with them to get the 50% trade in deal. So already paid €20

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

pcadhain wrote: »
    <HITMAN video removed>
    Glad I held off from playing this. Looks stunning in 4K.

It's stunning in the amount of fun I knocked out of it too, a great game. One of the few that I got all the achievements for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hitman, I have 122 hours played on Steam.

Fantastic game with tonnes of replayability.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hitman, I have 122 hours played on Steam.

Fantastic game with tonnes of replayability.

Yeah, and it's got such a great throwing mechanism, I could spend hours just going around, knocking people out with pool balls, killing them with fire axes. No messing around with angles or anything like that, just lock on and fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

For anyone thinking of trading into Gamestop, I've just been on the phone with them to be told that they now have no allocation of One X for people trading in that hadn't pre ordered by the 1-11-17

Also they told me that the 50% bonus option for trade ins hasn't activated yet??

Thought this was strange so rang the Naas store and they said the same thing.

Anyone know anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

amadablam wrote: »
    For anyone thinking of trading into Gamestop, I've just been on the phone with them to be told that they now have no allocation of One X for people trading in that hadn't pre ordered by the 1-11-17

Also they told me that the 50% bonus option for trade ins hasn't activated yet??

Thought this was strange so rang the Naas store and they said the same thing.

Anyone know anything different?

I was in Gamestop in Henry St in person today and they are doing the 50% trade off bonus, and they are taking deposits on the X Box One X but if you order today you won't get it until the week of the 20th.

As a result I'll have no X-Box at all for the bones of three weeks so I can take advantage of the offer when I pull the trigger tomorrow :eek::eek:

EDIT: For the sake of an extra 50 quid I'm gonna hold onto it for the three weeks and trade in for the lower amount down the line. Would not recommend if you're getting proper money for a really good one s or whatnot but for my standard xbox one I'd rather have it for the month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

OmegaGene wrote: »
    the 50% has been going for a while, i got mine a month ago

Is that 50% bonus on the whole console trade in? I can only see it online for games...

If you order from MS direct they will ensure delivery by 30th November :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

So if you order now 5 days before launch you won't get one of the first models and will have a wait. I don't see the issue with that.

I do understand those with preorders being a little pi$$ed if they end up waiting, but that's a different matter

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

No word on Smyths website about midnight launch yet, have a scorpio edition one x pre ordered, the excitement is building just like 2013. The 7th can't come soon enough.

• Advertisement

Reviews are starting to come out, and it's as expected, a beast of a machine, but games that can take advantage of it is a problem. Needs 4K and HDR to get the most out of it.

Ars Technica

The Verge

I'm actually kinda surprised that they didn't wait until more patches were out, it seems like these should be previews almost. I don't think it'd change the conclusions, but it would be more accurate.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Reviews are starting to come out, and it's as expected, a beast of a machine, but games that can take advantage of it is a problem. Needs 4K and HDR to get the most out of it.

Ars Technica

The Verge

I'm actually kinda surprised that they didn't wait until more patches were out, it seems like these should be previews almost. I don't think it'd change the conclusions, but it would be more accurate.

Digital Foundry have a new GOW video out. It looks seriously impressive.

https://youtu.be/t6al1JUYB_c

True Achievements have a very comprehensive review up as well

https://www.trueachievements.com/n30374/xbox-one-x-review

I never finished GOW4 or Halo 5 campaigns, definitely going to back for another look.

Some screens here of them running on the X downsampled to 1080p here

I never finished GOW4 or Halo 5 campaigns, definitely going to back for another look.

Some screens here of them running on the X downsampled to 1080p here

Apparently Titanfall 2 is meant to be running really well as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7ahg43/this_is_titanfall_2_running_on_xbox_one_x_if_this/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Apparently Titanfall 2 is meant to be running really well as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7ahg43/this_is_titanfall_2_running_on_xbox_one_x_if_this/

The Ars Technica article said Titanfall actually runs at a higher resolution than 4k and is sampled down.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Ars Technica article said Titanfall actually runs at a higher resolution than 4k and is sampled down.

I'm looking forward to getting mine now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

If GameStop for whatever reason don't have my Scorpio edition and instead only have a standard(preordered as soon as it went live) I won't even be mad, I'll just get my €500 back and put it towards a new tv instead.

Hope I'll have time to collect it myself on Tuesday otherwise I'll have to get the missus to grab it for me.

wexdevil wrote: »
    If GameStop for whatever reason don't have my Scorpio edition and instead only have a standard(preordered as soon as it went live) I won't even be mad, I'll just get my €500 back and put it towards a new tv instead.

Hope I'll have time to collect it myself on Tuesday otherwise I'll have to get the missus to grab it for me.

Yeah, it's a tough one, a real chicken and egg moment. What to buy first, the console, or the TV that the console needs? I'm going with console first, hopefully the B7/C7 gets a good drop in price soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i've a new 4k projector planned for xmas so getting pretty excited about the reviews coming out, like the previous posters i have a scorpio booked, so will be using it for 1080p for a few weeks. if it is not there tuesday i'll probably wait and get a standard edition at xmas

Advertisement