Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Here's a link to the relevant page on their site.

https://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/simplicity/?linkid=Meteor-hp-banner3-handsets-prepayswitch-020517-track

Great value, I ported from Vodafone over a month now and have no issues whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Dundrum said the offer was over. Any ideas? On a Three phone.

Port-in offer is now totally closed according to the live chat

At this point we need someone to see if texting "20unlimited" will still opt them into the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

found a spare sim at home that had the 30 euro unlimited deal . texted 20unlimited to 50104 today 1 august and it seemed to work . Got the reply that said : Thanks for choosing Simply Unlimited any network+texts and 15Gb data 20e .......
    hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

TheDriver wrote: »
    You can schedule it but there is no need. The action of topping up doesn't activate the plan (like Tesco) but rather meteor taking the money from your credit on your due date

So let's say that my plan finishes on Monday Morning, I can just top up 20 EUR now and on Monday morning Meteor will take the money automatically from my balance, is this correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,641 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

alwald wrote: »
    So let's say that my plan finishes on Monday Morning, I can just top up 20 EUR now and on Monday morning Meteor will take the money automatically from my balance, is this correct?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Genghis

sapphade wrote: »
    found a spare sim at home that had the 30 euro unlimited deal . texted 20unlimited to 50104 today 1 august and it seemed to work . Got the reply that said : Thanks for choosing Simply Unlimited any network+texts and 15Gb data 20e .......
    hope this helps

I did the same yesterday evening. And like you it worked too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Genghis

The Cush wrote: »
    Yes.

What would happen if you exceeded the FUP? I think the T&C's say you get charged standard rates. You could also lose credit on out of bundle items like premium texts, MMS, international calls. Might seem obvious but even if you lost say 25c on an MMS your top up would fail. I'm new to this plan but I was going to top up on the day it's required for me to top up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Still working.
    Stuck in a new Meteor Sim last night and texted 20unlimited to 50104. Got a text back immediately confirming my €20 plan.
    Just put €20 credit on the phone now and got a text back to say that "your Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins & Texts and 15GB Data 20e offer is now active", etc.
    Made a few calls and sent a few texts just to be sure and all is well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can u put in say 60euro and forget about it for 3 months or do u actually have to top up monthly?

From what I can see they would simply debit €20 every 28 days from your credit.
    Although, with the changeover to Eir next month there might be changes. Even though they have stated that things will remain static for existing Meteor customers you know yourself exactly what mobile providers are like in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

TheDriver - yes you can, once there is sufficient credit in your account for the plan you are signed up to it will automatically take the €20 from this when the plan/offer is due for renewal

@TheDriver. According to this;
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057767009

you do have to actually top-up each month.....even though you may have more than enough credit in your a/c to cover your plan :confused:

Possibly a question for the Talk to Meteor Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I accidentally topped up by 40. Worked fine for 2 months...

anyone already a meteor customer and try signing up to this? Im on the €30 plan for unlimited data, tests and calls. but i text the offer eysterday and it seemed to work. im in middle of current plan though so ill wait til that expires in 2 weeks and top up with 20 then. be great to get it without having to change my number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

fifib wrote: »
    anyone already a meteor customer and try signing up to this? Im on the €30 plan for unlimited data, tests and calls. but i text the offer eysterday and it seemed to work. im in middle of current plan though so ill wait til that expires in 2 weeks and top up with 20 then. be great to get it without having to change my number.

My girlfriend & few of my friends have done so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Text offer to 50104
    It will tell you what plan is activated to be used next time you top up

breathn wrote: »

Text offer to 50104
    It will tell you what plan is activated to be used next time you top up
    yea thats what i did. just have to wait another 2 weeks to top up. i only put 30 on phone 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

yea thats what i did. just have to wait another 2 weeks to top up. i only put 30 on phone 2 weeks ago

Can you let us know how this works out for you. I'm on the same €30 plan but I'd be interested in getting it down to the €20 if possible. Still have 19 days left on mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So thinking of moving one of my numbers to this.. Can I get a fresh SIM, activate it with this offer and then port the number over later?

• Advertisement

Yes, u can do it either way, port first or activate first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I am going on holidays to Spain this week, my top up will be done tomorrow meaning that I will have 6.3GB to use,, do I need to do anything to activate it or is it just a matter to loging to a network and using internet as usual? how can I track how much data is left while on holidays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

alwald wrote: »
    I am going on holidays to Spain this week, my top up will be done tomorrow meaning that I will have 6.3GB to use,, do I need to do anything to activate it or is it just a matter to loging to a network and using internet as usual? how can I track how much data is left while on holidays?

You don't need to do anything. You can track here

It won't affect your domestic data allowance and remember while roaming you can call/text/receive any mobile or landline in the EU as part of your mobile bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Just select a network. Text "Balance Data" to 50104. That's how you check data balance here not sure if it will work while roaming. Unlikely you would use that amount of data roaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

laoisfan wrote: »
    Just select a network. Text "Balance Data" to 50104. That's how you check data balance here not sure if it will work while roaming. Unlikely you would use that amount of data roaming.

When roaming you just text "Balance Roam" to 50104 and they will text you back with your remaining data allowance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

Sorry to redirect this old thread but does anyone know is this deal still available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

doniem wrote: »
    Sorry to redirect this old thread but does anyone know is this deal still available?

I'd be interested to know too :)

Pick up sim, text the 20unlimited and you'll know soon enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I ordered the sim in july. Went to activate it first week in august and was told deal expired end of july. Argued Id ordered in july but was told nothing they could do. Got on to manager. Nothing could be done. Hung up. Rang back up, got someone else and they said it was expired but theyll put me on it anyway.
    Certainly worth a shot but from that exchange it may be "officially" over.

I was told same so just texted 20unlimited and got the offer, no need for human intervention.

I was told same so just texted 20unlimited and got the offer, no need for human intervention.

Thanks for the reply, how long ago was it that you sent the text?

• Advertisement

End of july

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

If I was to move from bill pay (out of contract) to prepay, could I avail of this offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Thanks for the reply, how long ago was it that you sent the text?

Did it work for you?

I'm going to grab a meteor simply over the weekend and try it out, I'll let you know how it goes

worked no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Ive ordered a SIM and going to try the text and see if it works for me. Free anyway

So... (I've never had a prepay SIM so bear with me)

- get new Meteor prepay SIM
    - load with credit?
    - Text 20unlimited to 50104
    - Get confirmation
    - Port new number onto SIM later

Do you need to add the offer again at that stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I think its:

- load with credit
    - Get confirmation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,641 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I think its:

- load with credit
    - Get confirmation

This if I remember correctly

- await confirmation of offer
    - load with credit
    - Get confirmation

Cheers guys. I'll pick up a SIM tomorrow so and let ye know how it goes

• Advertisement

Just tried it now...

"Thanks for choosing Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins + Texts and 15GB Data 20e"

Result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭phester28

confirmed still works

I think it's best to NOT ask over in meteor forum about this.
    On a side point, I topped up before I ported and for the first month it will say you must top up to get offer even though you topped up and active. You also won't get a text to remind u to top up until month 2

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭phester28

Strange the portal says i must use all my minutes and data by Sept 7th and I just activated and topped up today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Strange the portal says i must use all my minutes and data by Sept 7th and I just activated and topped up today.
    Text "offer" to 50104, you should get a reply saying how many days are left.

Unless u have my issue. Chat will usually sort u out

You can also text balance data or balance roam to that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

hey guys hitting Spain next week im on this offer,

How will i fair out in Spain, i dont have any extra credit just the offer , will i be able to recieve calls or do i need credit for this and can i ring my brother in ireland ?

Yes, free and 6.3Gb data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

So OH is already with Meteor Bill Pay (30 day contract) and is paying €30 for the same package. .. if we get a prepay sim ànd do this how so we port over his current number? Is it possible?

Advertisement