Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,801 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Moved my wife to this as it seems s good deal but what's the story with vm and with UK calls will she need extra credit for these ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Cyrus wrote: »
    Moved my wife to this as it seems s good deal but what's the story with vm and with UK calls will she need extra credit for these ?

Yes, only national landlines and mobiles included. Voicemail is also extra as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,801 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yes, only national landlines and mobiles included. Voicemail is also extra as far as I remember.

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Change the voicemail number from 171 to 08*5YourNumber. Press # and then pin. Treated as a free call

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mazzybabsxx

Cyrus wrote: »

Hey can I ask you when did you switch over? Only came across this board recently and was annoyed as I thought I missed out. I'm hoping they have extended it. So fed up with TM.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Its on the main page of their website, u cant miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

The deal is still on. I switched myself about 6 weeks ago. Extremely impressed with the data. It's very very fast. I often get download speeds over 50mbps.
    Good advice from @TheDriver about the VM. You also get 100 free international texts if you download the My Meteor app and send them from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mazzybabsxx

Thanks a million, can't believe I didn't see that on the site lol. Going to head in and pick up a sim, just have to donate all my credit I've built up first lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Thanks a million, can't believe I didn't see that on the site lol. Going to head in and pick up a sim, just have to donate all my credit I've built up first lol.

I had 8 euro. I donated it to bumbalance. It's a children's ambulance for terminally ill kids. Wasn't letting three off with it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Deal is great but coverage is so bad in my house and work that I have to switch after just 2 months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

I ported from Vodafone to Meteor to get this deal, I signed up online to get my PAYG meteor sim card. I went into the meteor store today to sign up, they told me they can't do it as I had to keep my vodafone number before switching instore to the €20 deal.

Is there a way around this? Will I have to port back to vodafone and return to the store with a working vodafone account before I can switch? I'm on the 15gb and unlimited calls deal at the moment.

Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the problem sorted.

Its in first few pages, existing customers availing of this offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

TheDriver wrote: »
    Its in first few pages, existing customers availing of this offer

Cheers, just got it sorted there now. Just had to text 20unlimited to 50104

I'll highlight that in bold in case anyone else is wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I had 8 euro. I donated it to bumbalance. It's a children's ambulance for terminally ill kids. Wasn't letting three off with it

Can you confirm how you managed to donate your credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can you confirm how you managed to donate your credit?

From Bumbleance.com
    HELP NOW! Text Buzz to 50300 (Text costs €4)

Text costs €4. BUMBLEance will receive a minimum of €3.25.

Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 076 6805278.
    Thank You!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Signed up for this today online, seemingly the last day of it. They will send out the sims, and I can activate / port later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

MarkR wrote: »
    Signed up for this today online, seemingly the last day of it. They will send out the sims, and I can activate / port later.

Who said its the last day of it?

Ive a week left on Vodafone and was going to go into a shop next weekend, but you can get sim today and port say next week online?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

jeffk wrote: »
    Who said its the last day of it?

Ive a week left on Vodafone and was going to go into a shop next weekend, but you can get sim today and port say next week online?

The support rep I was speaking to said today was the last day. Not sure is that the truth, but she said it was.

Cost me nothing to get the sim(s), must as well order it I would say.

The support rep I was speaking to said today was the last day. Not sure is that the truth, but she said it was.

Cost me nothing to get the sim(s), must as well order it I would say.

AH cool.

Ordered my sim there just in case and hopefully just send the text monday or tuesday and get the offer :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Hope it's not as was planning to change next week. Big banner ad for it is still on their website anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Thanks all. Family member signed up yesterday, ported number, topped up, all going well.
    They got a few annoying messages saying they had 0 credit but hopefully that will stop as they won't need any more credit per month unless making international calls.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Weyhey wrote: »
    Thanks all. Family member signed up yesterday, ported number, topped up, all going well.
    They got a few annoying messages saying they had 0 credit but hopefully that will stop as they won't need any more credit per month unless making international calls.
    If they have an iPhone they will get that message as you need credit to activate iMessage

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Cheers, just got it sorted there now. Just had to text 20unlimited to 50104

I'll highlight that in bold in case anyone else is wondering.

I am porting over tomorrow, whats the best deals on at the moment for porting over to meteor

The one you highlighted if you want prepay

Got email about SIM on the way.

No mention of 30 for 20, text 20 unlimited and I selected move number when ordering SIM

Shops and CS agents tend to not know about the offer. Sometimes they help out by letting you know about sim free bill plans

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Just got off the chat with Meteor Ireland support,
    [font=Geogrotesque-Regular, sans-serif][font=Geogrotesque-Regular, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][ltr][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have introduced a new offer. SWITCH & SAVE NOW, Get this offer for just €20 top up when you move your number to Meteor.[/font][/ltr][/font][/font]

[/font]

[font=Geogrotesque-Regular, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Divya[/font]
     at 12:53, Jul 4:[/font]

[font=Geogrotesque-Regular, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][ltr][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You will get 15GB of data, Unlimited calls (For all networks, Meteor, Irish Landlines) & Unlimited texts(For all networks, Meteor) and also apart from the 15GB of data, You can access Unlimited Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, pokemon go, What's Up messaging, Viber Messaging, Snapchat, You Tube which will cover your most data usage and also you will get the FREE EU Roaming (Unlimited Calls, Texts & 6.3GB of Data in EU) at a cost of just €20[/font][/ltr][/font][/font]

[/font]

"new" offer has been there since march

Seems to be gone from their site

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote:
    Seems to be gone from their site

I hope not,ordered SIM Friday and had the deal listed then, still waiting on SIM

Advertisement