Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

I am going on holidays to Spain this week, my top up will be done tomorrow meaning that I will have 6.3GB to use,, do I need to do anything to activate it or is it just a matter to loging to a network and using internet as usual? how can I track how much data is left while on holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭bromley52

alwald wrote: »
    I am going on holidays to Spain this week, my top up will be done tomorrow meaning that I will have 6.3GB to use,, do I need to do anything to activate it or is it just a matter to loging to a network and using internet as usual? how can I track how much data is left while on holidays?

You don't need to do anything. You can track here

It won't affect your domestic data allowance and remember while roaming you can call/text/receive any mobile or landline in the EU as part of your mobile bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Just select a network. Text "Balance Data" to 50104. That's how you check data balance here not sure if it will work while roaming. Unlikely you would use that amount of data roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

laoisfan wrote: »
    Just select a network. Text "Balance Data" to 50104. That's how you check data balance here not sure if it will work while roaming. Unlikely you would use that amount of data roaming.

When roaming you just text "Balance Roam" to 50104 and they will text you back with your remaining data allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

Sorry to redirect this old thread but does anyone know is this deal still available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

doniem wrote: »
    Sorry to redirect this old thread but does anyone know is this deal still available?

I'd be interested to know too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Pick up sim, text the 20unlimited and you'll know soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I ordered the sim in july. Went to activate it first week in august and was told deal expired end of july. Argued Id ordered in july but was told nothing they could do. Got on to manager. Nothing could be done. Hung up. Rang back up, got someone else and they said it was expired but theyll put me on it anyway.
    Certainly worth a shot but from that exchange it may be "officially" over.

I was told same so just texted 20unlimited and got the offer, no need for human intervention.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I was told same so just texted 20unlimited and got the offer, no need for human intervention.

Thanks for the reply, how long ago was it that you sent the text?

• Advertisement

End of july

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

If I was to move from bill pay (out of contract) to prepay, could I avail of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

TheDriver wrote: »

Thanks for the reply, how long ago was it that you sent the text?

Did it work for you?

I'm going to grab a meteor simply over the weekend and try it out, I'll let you know how it goes

worked no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Ive ordered a SIM and going to try the text and see if it works for me. Free anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So... (I've never had a prepay SIM so bear with me)

- get new Meteor prepay SIM
    - load with credit?
    - Text 20unlimited to 50104
    - Get confirmation
    - Port new number onto SIM later

Do you need to add the offer again at that stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I think its:

- load with credit
    - Get confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I think its:

- load with credit
    - Get confirmation

This if I remember correctly

- await confirmation of offer
    - load with credit
    - Get confirmation

Cheers guys. I'll pick up a SIM tomorrow so and let ye know how it goes

• Advertisement

Just tried it now...

"Thanks for choosing Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins + Texts and 15GB Data 20e"

Result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭phester28

confirmed still works

I think it's best to NOT ask over in meteor forum about this.
    On a side point, I topped up before I ported and for the first month it will say you must top up to get offer even though you topped up and active. You also won't get a text to remind u to top up until month 2

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭phester28

Strange the portal says i must use all my minutes and data by Sept 7th and I just activated and topped up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Strange the portal says i must use all my minutes and data by Sept 7th and I just activated and topped up today.
    Text "offer" to 50104, you should get a reply saying how many days are left.

Unless u have my issue. Chat will usually sort u out

You can also text balance data or balance roam to that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

hey guys hitting Spain next week im on this offer,

How will i fair out in Spain, i dont have any extra credit just the offer , will i be able to recieve calls or do i need credit for this and can i ring my brother in ireland ?

Yes, free and 6.3Gb data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

So OH is already with Meteor Bill Pay (30 day contract) and is paying €30 for the same package. .. if we get a prepay sim ànd do this how so we port over his current number? Is it possible?

Advertisement