Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Go back one page. Includes everything. Just make sure u change plan just before your next topup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Sorry for sounding dumb (has been a long day), but I'm (on a Meteor SIM) presently getting unlimited any network calls and the 15GB data for Eur20 every 28 days.

But looking at the Eir site, they are offering unlimited calls AND unlimited texts with the 15GB data for the same Eur20.

Can somebody confirm if these are any network calls and any network texts with the data?

Also, can a current Meteor customer sign up/any mention if this is a permanent plan? Not seeing any links to T&Cs if this plan will expire etc.

Thanks in advance for your time
    CaSCaDe711 ;)

I'm in the same boat as you and was just into support and they said it's for new customers only. I don't see any way a current member can avail of this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Read the thread. Specifically the last few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

califano wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you and was just into support and they said it's for new customers only. I don't see any way a current member can avail of this offer.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104555980#post104555980

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The Cush wrote: »

So when you receive the sim you put it in phone and then text 20unlimited?.
    I take it 50104 is a free number then?.

• Advertisement

califano wrote: »
    So when you receive the sim you put it in phone and then text 20unlimited?.
    I take it 50104 is a free number then?.

yes and u get a text back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

anyone change over from vodafone,
    there much involved

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Are eir going to continue the mobile broadband offer they had does anyone know? Tablet sim for 180 days with 50gb data for €30. Can't see it on website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Are eir going to continue the mobile broadband offer they had does anyone know? Tablet sim for 180 days with 50gb data for €30. Can't see it on website
    Currently waiting for an answer in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

GY A1 wrote: »
    anyone change over from vodafone,
    there much involved

Changed over on Saturday. Called to eir shop and done in around 3mins. They just called my phone to make sure it was mine. Number ported about an hour and half later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Entonces

PaddyCar wrote: »

Just tried to sign up for that offer to find eir not doing it. Spoke to customer care who said they didn't know anything about it. Best eir mobile prepay broadband offer is €20 for 7.5 gb. Fairly shocking bad deal 😠

Just tried to sign up for that offer to find eir not doing it. Spoke to customer care who said they didn't know anything about it. Best eir mobile prepay broadband offer is €20 for 7.5 gb. Fairly shocking bad deal
    Eir forum rep said it's still available.
    What might have happened is that Eir transferred an older (maybe a year ago) version of meteor site onto Eir and the 180 day pass wasn't available then. So the Eir staff don't know about the plan (or maybe don't want to advertise it) and are quoting from an outdated webpage.
    Anyway, what I suggest (hopefully this works) is either go into an Eir store and ask for a PAYG broadband SIM or else order online. When you get the SIM put it in the router (or phone) and when you try to open any webpage you will be given the option of buying a pass. The 180 day should be there. If it is then top up by 30, select the 180 day pass and you should be set. By the way if you go in store and they say you only get the SIM with a top up tell them you want to check coverage first. If you're going to use the SIM in a phone, tell them it's for a modem. Here's an old thread about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Out of contract Meteor Bill account --> port to vodafone for example --> port back to eir

Can i order the sims for both vodafone and eir online and once the arrive, do I need to go to each store to complete the port or can I do it myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Out of contract Meteor Bill account --> port to vodafone for example --> port back to eir

Can i order the sims for both vodafone and eir online and once the arrive, do I need to go to each store to complete the port or can I do it myself?

You shouldn't need to port away at all.

Get them to switch you to prepay.

Text 20unlimited to 50104 and you should be on the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You shouldn't need to port away at all.

Get them to switch you to prepay.

Text 20unlimited to 50104 and you should be on the deal.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Bill pay to prepay 30 day notice for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Meteor customer here who was already on the €30 deal for some time. Sent the 20unlimited text off last week to chance my arm. Topped up this morning by €20 and it's working perfectly. Cheers op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Does this deal work for new customers?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Text 20 unlimted as an existing customer and got a text back saying I need to change plan. If I change plan now will it end my current 30 euro free calls text and internet? Or will I still get the month out of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

JG009 wrote: »
    If I change plan now will it end my current 30 euro free calls text and internet? Or will I still get the month out of it?

It will end your current plan and you will have to top-up €20 for the new plan.

Thanks, sister tried on hers and it says message not recognised / won't let her change plan.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Try texting 20unlimited
    No spaces

Negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

JG009 wrote: »
    Text 20 unlimted as an existing customer and got a text back saying I need to change plan. If I change plan now will it end my current 30 euro free calls text and internet? Or will I still get the month out of it?

I text last Thursday and got this reply:

"Thanks for choosing Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins + Texts and 15GB Data 20e. To get started you will need to have 20 euro credit. Remember to wait"

My €30 plan ran until Monday night (when it was due to run out) without charging for texts, calls or data. Topped up then on Tuesday morning and this deal has been working without issue since. After i changed plans the texts to see how much data or days were remaining wouldn't work but that's about all I came across.

What reply do you get when you text "OFFER" to 50104

Ten Pin wrote: »
    What reply do you get when you text "OFFER" to 50104

You are currently on our Simply Unlimited Any Net Mins and Texts + 15GB Data 4G offer, you have 14 days remaining on this network offer. Fair usage limit applies, for terms and conditions see www.eir.ie

It might not allow you to change to the 20unlimited offer in the middle of your current offer. It might work after the 14 days are up. There's no benefit to changing now anyway since the 30 euro is already spent. Fingers crossed it will work then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Guys, just to double check, is it 20e for unlimited calls,texts and 15gb of data?

Is it also 4g?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

Fol20 wrote: »
    Guys, just to double check, is it 20e for unlimited calls,texts and 15gb of data?

Is it also 4g?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Signed up Thursday. Added 20 euro.
    I'm abroad now and added another 20 and it says I've no credit!
    Any ideas?

Advertisement