Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Only wrote: »
    So OH is already with Meteor Bill Pay (30 day contract) and is paying €30 for the same package. .. if we get a prepay sim ànd do this how so we port over his current number? Is it possible?

May not be any need to get a new sim. Just contact meteor and say you want to switch that number over to pay as you go. Then when they transfer it just text 20unlimited to 50104, then top up €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Sir Dosser wrote:
    May not be any need to get a new sim. Just contact meteor and say you want to switch that number over to pay as you go. Then when they transfer it just text 20unlimited to 50104, then top up €20.

Will need to give the 30 day notice to leave the pay monthly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I wonder does anyone know, if I get a SIM card today, send the text to activate the Unlimited, calls, text and 15GB today, will it be ok if I do my 1st top-up of €20 middle of October? The reason I ask is I have some credit left with my provider, so it will be a few weeks before I get use it as I wouldn't like to waste it if I port early.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I would think so, the plan is selected but won't be withdrawn unless it's for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

I hadn't thought of that! Will call them tomorrow and should be good to go for October then ... hopefully the price plan will still be there then, that's my only worry/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

i did that in july, text the offer but didnt top up until august when my current offer ran out.
    also got a courtesy call from meteor last week saying they could give me my€30 plan (unlimited calls, texts & data) for €25 (ive been with meteor for years) she was very surprised to hear im getting it for €20. i quickly ended the conversation lol

fifib wrote: »
    i did that in july, text the offer but didnt top up until august when my current offer ran out.
    also got a courtesy call from meteor last week saying they could give me my€30 plan (unlimited calls, texts & data) for €25 (ive been with meteor for years) she was very surprised to hear im getting it for €20. i quickly ended the conversation lol

most of their staff seem to be unaware of this plan offer. Even when it was on their big screens in the shops, the staff didn't know about whilst standing in front of it.

Offer is now back on. Meteor website is gone and eir comes up instead but they have the €20 offer as their default now (even though same thing is there for €30, bizarre).

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The €20 offer is only if you port your old number from another network. If you're an existing Meteor/Eir Customer or just want to get a new number then it's €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

Just caught an Eir ad on Sky News with this offer.

They're also giving 6 months free Hayu (reality TV version of netflix worth €5 a month)

Text hayu to 50100 to get a link to set it up. Not my cup of tea but got me some brownie points!

• Advertisement

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    The €20 offer is only if you port your old number from another network. If you're an existing Meteor/Eir Customer or just want to get a new number then it's €30.

There's many ways and means to do it though

Oh, believe me, I know.....I probably spend more time porting numbers, using new Sims etc. just to save €20 on a new phone, or get a discounted plan, for various Family Members.......

Just pointing out that the €20 offer is aimed at attracting other Network's Customers.

BTW, I'm off to France in a week or so and will bring both a Tesco Sim and a Meteor one. I think I already know which one will give me decent Data speeds :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Anyone have trouble with data after switching?
    Calls and texts worked fine, no data at all... Got another replacement sim from the store and data worked for an hour and stopped.
    Tried to call customer service and an automated message told me I had no credit to make the call.
    ??? Since I paid 20euro for the simplicity deal I found it rather frustrating that the free calls/texts/15 gb data deal doesn't allow you to call customer care.

No issue with data from any family that ported

Try 01-4307066. It's the number for prepay customers calling from abroad. Worth a shot, as you will get through to the same place anyway.

edit; Mon-Sun 8am-8pm....same hours as 1747.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Have I got this right ?

Already on Meteor, out of contract bill pay. I port over to (say) 3 prepay, for a few hours, don't bother topping up, then port back to Meteor/Eir on the €20 plan, and happy days.

:confused::confused:

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Have I got this right ?

Already on Meteor, out of contract bill pay. I port over to (say) 3 prepay, for a few hours, don't bother topping up, then port back to Meteor/Eir on the €20 plan, and happy days.

TIA

I'd just ring them up and transfer your Meteor bill-pay to pre-pay, once transferred use the steps listed on this thread;

Text "20 unlimited" to 50104 and wait for a response back confirming the offer. If you get the reply then top-up €20

IF that doesn't work then go and port to another network and back.

I'm not sure that only waiting an hour or 2 to port back would be a good idea, Meteor don't seem the best with their support systems it may cause issues if the same number is ported out and back in such a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Vic_08

mgbgt1978 wrote: »

What are you basing this on?

So far existing customers posting here have been able to get the €20 offer.

I'm basing this on the new Eir website,,,,which replaced the Meteor site last week.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Have I got this right ?

TIA

You need to top up by 20 if you switch to 3. Trust me, I've done it before.

Hopefully doing what vic says works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They need to proof read their site since the brand merger. Their prepay plans say X euro A MONTH but also say top up every 28 days on the same page.
    They have also made errors on the prepay mobile broadband plans. The 180 day plan is not shown and the plans they have are legacy ones, eg the 30 day plan is 19.99 for 7.5GB while meteors plan was 19.99 for 15GB. In any case even the 15GB plan is unlikely to have many customers compared to the plan in this thread where you get calls, text and 15GB for one cent more (broadband SIMs don't allow voice calls). Minor teething no doubt, hopefully the plans will continue as before as they "promised".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

I've already had this "Unlimited Everything" plan for €30 PAYG for ages...can I stiill get this for €20 some way now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Burial. wrote: »
    I've already had this "Unlimited Everything" plan for €30 PAYG for ages...can I stiill get this for €20 some way now?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Just text 20unlimited to 50104 and got the confirmation text. Saving a tenner a month on the exact same plan...happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Is this plan affected by the change to eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

Pacifico wrote: »
    Is this plan affected by the change to eir?

This deal is now on eir.ie so far as I can see. Seems to be their headline offer after the change. Check out eir.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

thats not the 30 for 20 offer though, thats 20e for 15gb data, unlimited calls or texts and 4.2gb of useable data in europe

they have the 30e offer as unlimited calls and texts, 15gb data and 6.3gb data useable in europe for...30e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

I didn't click through to see the EU data roaming limits. Still pretty close and good value.

No, website says 15Gb data with 6.3 for roaming for 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Sorry for sounding dumb (has been a long day), but I'm (on a Meteor SIM) presently getting unlimited any network calls and the 15GB data for Eur20 every 28 days.

But looking at the Eir site, they are offering unlimited calls AND unlimited texts with the 15GB data for the same Eur20.

Can somebody confirm if these are any network calls and any network texts with the data?

Also, can a current Meteor customer sign up/any mention if this is a permanent plan? Not seeing any links to T&Cs if this plan will expire etc.

Thanks in advance for your time
    CaSCaDe711 ;)

Advertisement