Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Are u a prepay customer? Then just text 20unlimited and topup. Sorry just saw your post. You'd have to move from pay monthly to prepay first I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

TheDriver wrote: »
    Change the voicemail number from 171 to 08*5YourNumber. Press # and then pin. Treated as a free call

I have credit on my balance and I tried the above on my android phone, I changed the voicemail number in the settings from 171 to my own, where should I add # and the pin to listen to my voicemails for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Ring the voicemail number, when it connects press # and you will be prompted for the pin and # again. This works, assuming you have previously set up a voicemail service using 171.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

When you text 20unlimited do you get a text back to let you know your on the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

When you text 20unlimited do you get a text back to let you know your on the plan?

Should get a text back yes telling you to top up to activate the plan benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Should get a text back yes telling you to top up to activate the plan benefits.

Ok, tried it with an old SIM I had lying around and no text back. I'll pick up a new one in store and see how I get on. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Ok, tried it with an old SIM I had lying around and no text back. I'll pick up a new one in store and see how I get on. Thanks.

Text OFFER to 50104
    Will tell you the name of the plan you're on

You should get a text saying any net mins & texts & 15G 4G 20e offer

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Dundrum said the offer was over. Any ideas? On a Three phone.

The shops and the forum here say that but follow the instructions here and it works fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Here's a link to the relevant page on their site.

https://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/simplicity/?linkid=Meteor-hp-banner3-handsets-prepayswitch-020517-track

Great value, I ported from Vodafone over a month now and have no issues whatsoever.

Dundrum said the offer was over. Any ideas? On a Three phone.

Port-in offer is now totally closed according to the live chat

At this point we need someone to see if texting "20unlimited" will still opt them into the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

found a spare sim at home that had the 30 euro unlimited deal . texted 20unlimited to 50104 today 1 august and it seemed to work . Got the reply that said : Thanks for choosing Simply Unlimited any network+texts and 15Gb data 20e .......
    hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

TheDriver wrote: »
    You can schedule it but there is no need. The action of topping up doesn't activate the plan (like Tesco) but rather meteor taking the money from your credit on your due date

So let's say that my plan finishes on Monday Morning, I can just top up 20 EUR now and on Monday morning Meteor will take the money automatically from my balance, is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,522 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

alwald wrote: »
    So let's say that my plan finishes on Monday Morning, I can just top up 20 EUR now and on Monday morning Meteor will take the money automatically from my balance, is this correct?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Genghis

sapphade wrote: »
    found a spare sim at home that had the 30 euro unlimited deal . texted 20unlimited to 50104 today 1 august and it seemed to work . Got the reply that said : Thanks for choosing Simply Unlimited any network+texts and 15Gb data 20e .......
    hope this helps

I did the same yesterday evening. And like you it worked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Genghis

The Cush wrote: »
    Yes.

What would happen if you exceeded the FUP? I think the T&C's say you get charged standard rates. You could also lose credit on out of bundle items like premium texts, MMS, international calls. Might seem obvious but even if you lost say 25c on an MMS your top up would fail. I'm new to this plan but I was going to top up on the day it's required for me to top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Still working.
    Stuck in a new Meteor Sim last night and texted 20unlimited to 50104. Got a text back immediately confirming my €20 plan.
    Just put €20 credit on the phone now and got a text back to say that "your Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins & Texts and 15GB Data 20e offer is now active", etc.
    Made a few calls and sent a few texts just to be sure and all is well.

Can u put in say 60euro and forget about it for 3 months or do u actually have to top up monthly?

From what I can see they would simply debit €20 every 28 days from your credit.
    Although, with the changeover to Eir next month there might be changes. Even though they have stated that things will remain static for existing Meteor customers you know yourself exactly what mobile providers are like in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

TheDriver - yes you can, once there is sufficient credit in your account for the plan you are signed up to it will automatically take the €20 from this when the plan/offer is due for renewal

@TheDriver. According to this;
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057767009

you do have to actually top-up each month.....even though you may have more than enough credit in your a/c to cover your plan :confused:

Possibly a question for the Talk to Meteor Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I accidentally topped up by 40. Worked fine for 2 months...

anyone already a meteor customer and try signing up to this? Im on the €30 plan for unlimited data, tests and calls. but i text the offer eysterday and it seemed to work. im in middle of current plan though so ill wait til that expires in 2 weeks and top up with 20 then. be great to get it without having to change my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

fifib wrote: »
    anyone already a meteor customer and try signing up to this? Im on the €30 plan for unlimited data, tests and calls. but i text the offer eysterday and it seemed to work. im in middle of current plan though so ill wait til that expires in 2 weeks and top up with 20 then. be great to get it without having to change my number.

My girlfriend & few of my friends have done so.

Text offer to 50104
    It will tell you what plan is activated to be used next time you top up

breathn wrote: »

Text offer to 50104
    It will tell you what plan is activated to be used next time you top up
    yea thats what i did. just have to wait another 2 weeks to top up. i only put 30 on phone 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

yea thats what i did. just have to wait another 2 weeks to top up. i only put 30 on phone 2 weeks ago

Can you let us know how this works out for you. I'm on the same €30 plan but I'd be interested in getting it down to the €20 if possible. Still have 19 days left on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So thinking of moving one of my numbers to this.. Can I get a fresh SIM, activate it with this offer and then port the number over later?

• Advertisement

Yes, u can do it either way, port first or activate first

Advertisement