Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

text offer to 50104 and it'll tell you your plan

bromley52 wrote: »
    Yes

And 60Gb of social media although the youtube is only if you're not logged in (which you are on an android)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

I get sorry. your message was not recognised. please check your shortcode when I text 20unlimited to 50104. does anyone else have this issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

TheDriver wrote: »
    And 60Gb of social media although the youtube is only if you're not logged in (which you are on an android)

this is taking the pi55 - are you serious about this,
    Ive been sold a sim only package on the understanding that youtube and a few other social media apps are unlimited - i do realise the meaning of unlimited - but i find this hard to believe that you cant be logged in - Crazeee

dball wrote: »
    this is taking the pi55 - are you serious about this,
    Ive been sold a sim only package on the understanding that youtube and a few other social media apps are unlimited - i do realise the meaning of unlimited - but i find this hard to believe that you cant be logged in - Crazeee

There was a thread on the old meteor forum here about a month ago and it sounded very weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RichardB2

If I port my PAYG Meteor number to another provider,
    how long should I wait before porting back to Eir/Meteor in order to qualify as a "new" Customer and get this plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭bromley52

TheDriver wrote: »

I have been using youtube (logged in) on this plan since June and the data use has always come out of my social bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,807 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I have been using youtube (logged in) on this plan since June and the data use has always come out of my social bundle.

just had a look at that thread and it looks like there was some confusion - you can be logged in, but any ads that run before the Youtube video will come out of your regular data (which is also daft, but not as bad).

loyatemu wrote: »
    just had a look at that thread and it looks like there was some confusion - you can be logged in, but any ads that run before the Youtube video will come out of your regular data (which is also daft, but not as bad).

I mostly have Sky News live on.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Are people seriously using 15gb + 60gb of social media data a month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

What's the coverage like these days with Eir? I'm mainly around the southeast and thinking of moving from three.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,807 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I switched from 3 to Meteor at the start of the year, it's much better, but I'm mainly using it along the Dart line so YMMV. Problem I found with 3 was even if you had full 4G or 3G signal, data was still very slow or non-existent, oversubscription of their masts I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I was with Meteor on this offer, to me the reception/signal has got worse since it switched to Eir in my opinion.

south wrote: »
    What's the coverage like these days with Eir? I'm mainly around the southeast and thinking of moving from three.

I was down around Our Ladies Island last Aug and the reception was brutal with Meteor. Whether eir have extra masts and improved reception I don't know. We travelled around a good bit and it didn't improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

RichardB2 wrote: »
    how long should I wait before porting back to Eir/Meteor in order to qualify as a "new" Customer and get this plan?

Anyone know the answer to this?

loyatemu wrote: »
    I switched from 3 to Meteor at the start of the year, it's much better, but I'm mainly using it along the Dart line so YMMV. Problem I found with 3 was even if you had full 4G or 3G signal, data was still very slow or non-existent, oversubscription of their masts I guess.

Compared with three and the MVNO, its far superior. You should see zero difference between eir and meteor, its the same network and back haul system.
    I lived in a house near the middle of a big town 3 years ago and there was zero vodafone reception in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

I was down around Our Ladies Island last Aug and the reception was brutal with Meteor. Whether eir have extra masts and improved reception I don't know. We travelled around a good bit and it didn't improve.

That area in general isn't great I believe. I usually would have problems with three in Wexford county and the odd time also with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

sapphade wrote:
    I get sorry. your message was not recognised. please check your shortcode when I text 20unlimited to 50104. does anyone else have this issue

Any luck in figuring out a solution just changed a brother in law today from three and ported his number and when I text 50104 with 20unlimited get same error text back ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I was with Meteor on this offer, to me the reception/signal has got worse since it switched to Eir in my opinion.

100% coverage has worsened for me. Cahir/Clonmel area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Vic_08

hatchman wrote: »
    Any luck in figuring out a solution just changed a brother in law today from three and ported his number and when I text 50104 with 20unlimited get same error text back ??

Contact eir.

If you have ported then this package is an advertised offer, if they haven't advised you on how to activate it then you need to contact them.

"20 unlimited" was the code under the meteor offer officially only available to porting customers but accessible to others. It seems from the reports here that it no longer works for new attempts to access the offer.

They have also changed the advertised code for the otherwise identical €30 plan, it was listed as "30 unlimited" under Meteor, eir now has "30 calls and texts" for that offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭The prowler

Hi guys

I just ported from tesco mobile bill pay to this €20 simplicity plan yesterday, done online with them because shop staff wouldnt do it for me,didnt know (or pretended not to know) anything about this deal. Done through chat helpline on eir website,just topped up by €20, didnt have to text anything because after top up I got the following text

Your Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins + Texts and 15GB Data 20e offer is now active for the next 4 weeks and 20 euro has been deducted from your acco

Thanks to this thread for spoting a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Hi guys

I just ported from tesco mobile bill pay to this €20 simplicity plan yesterday, done online with them because shop staff wouldnt do it for me,didnt know (or pretended not to know) anything about this deal. Done through chat helpline on eir website,just topped up by €20, didnt have to text anything because after top up I got the following text

Your Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins + Texts and 15GB Data 20e offer is now active for the next 4 weeks and 20 euro has been deducted from your acco

Thanks to this thread for spoting a good deal

Should this thread be marked expired now seeing as Meteor no longer exist.

Anyone porting to Eir on prepay can get this offering without any texts as was the case under meteor and I thank contributors for pointing out that it was available even after official expiry date

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Kilteragh

I wouldn't have opened it if it was marked expired and only started reading the thread yesterday. I have now ordered 3 Sims for my family. Suggest keeping it open as others who don't know about it may still benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Kilteragh wrote: »
    I wouldn't have opened it if it was marked expired and only started reading the thread yesterday. I have now ordered 3 Sims for my family. Suggest keeping it open as others who don't know about it may still benefit.

Maybe rename it to Eir switch deal

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

RichardB2 wrote: »

????

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

If I switch to this plan can I use my phone in Europe and the USA or do I have to buy some sort of roaming bundle addon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

If I switch to this plan can I use my phone in Europe or the USA or do I have to buy some sort of roaming bundle addon?

you get a fairly comprehensive roaming bundle in europe.

In america, turn off roaming. when your on the plane. do not have roaming on over there, price is crazy. use whatsapp for everything (data, calls messages) when on wifi which is in most places.

you get a fairly comprehensive roaming bundle in europe.

In america, turn off roaming. when your on the plane. do not have roaming on over there, price is crazy. use whatsapp for everything (data, calls messages) when on wifi which is in most places.

Cheers for that. Is it expensive to actually make calls on this plan in the US or you just saying this as a general rule? I'm currently on PAYG which I've used in the US if calling my wife's phone within the US and it's reasonable. My fear is that I am away in the US and am unable to make any calls to her phone while I'm signed up to this plan:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Cheers for that. Is it expensive to actually make calls on this plan in the US or you just saying this as a general rule? I'm currently on PAYG which I've used in the US if calling my wife's phone within the US and it's reasonable. My fear is that I am away in the US and am unable to make any calls to her phone while I'm signed up to this plan:eek:

Im PAYG on this plan and was in the states last week.

Its 1.69e a minute to make calls, 1.59e a minute to receive calls and 39 cents to send a text. The full info is on website somewhere.

I made all my calls over whatsapp on wifi when I needed to. I did have to ring a couple of landlines back home so threw a tenner credit on to my skype account, used the skype app and dialled home on wifi for (I think) 5.6 cents a minute. No brainer.

a couple of people tried to ring me when over there, I hung up and rang back on wifi. cheaper than receiving.

• Advertisement

Im PAYG on this plan and was in the states last week.

Its 1.69e a minute to make calls, 1.59e a minute to receive calls and 39 cents to send a text. The full info is on website somewhere.

I made all my calls over whatsapp on wifi when I needed to. I did have to ring a couple of landlines back home so threw a tenner credit on to my skype account, used the skype app and dialled home on wifi for (I think) 5.6 cents a minute. No brainer.

a couple of people tried to ring me when over there, I hung up and rang back on wifi. cheaper than receiving.

Excellent post thanks for answering this one! Steep prices but it actually works which is the main thing for me :)

Advertisement