Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭Genghis

jeffk wrote: »
    I hope not,ordered SIM Friday and had the deal listed then, still waiting on SIM

Me too [ordered Friday, no delivery as yet], but I got a dispatch mail from Meteor and another one about how to activate offer once SIM arrives, so am hoping whenever the SIM arrives I can get the offer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Genghis wrote:
    Me too [ordered Friday, no delivery as yet], but I got a dispatch mail from Meteor and another one about how to activate offer once SIM arrives, so am hoping whenever the SIM arrives I can get the offer then.

Post gone (I think,you never no),so no sim still.

I can't complain as my Vodafone deal is finished Saturday,if this deal is still on

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I have a conversation sent to me confirming that the offer will be applied to the sim on activation, so I should be ok. Haven't received it as of yesterday. Hopefully today...

Did anyone's SIM arrive? I'm still waiting, 10 days since ordered.

Mine took three days

Reorder or go to shop

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote:
    Change the voicemail number from 171 to 08*5YourNumber. Press # and then pin. Treated as a free call

Trying to use it

1 for someone else
    2 for you mailbox
    Put in you number and press hash,invalid number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Did you set up your voicemail using 171? You need to do that the first time you use voicemail then the trick above works after that.

Did you set up your voicemail using 171? You need to do that the first time you use voicemail then the trick above works after that.

No credit to do this,the offer takes all my credit.

Then no point wasting five euro top up just to have voicemail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭bromley52

No credit to do this,the offer takes all my credit.

Then no point wasting five euro top up just to have voicemail
    To ring any 1850, 1890 numbers etc you need credit so you might as well topup and always have it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I'd recommend topping up by 25 euro the first time. You need credit to activate iMessage, FaceTime and voice mail (free afterwards by using above trick)

• Advertisement

Mine took three days

Reorder or go to shop

The offer is no longer available though? And it's the offer I want. If I get or order a new SIM I might forego the offer.

Will call them (again) tomorrow

Genghis wrote: »
    The offer is no longer available though? And it's the offer I want. If I get or order a new SIM I might forego the offer.

Will call them (again) tomorrow

Ah yeah forgot that sorry, same reason I used to push to get the offer

Got the E5 credit and set up Voicemail and trick working good, thanks

Job-hunting so maybe could've missed out if there wasn't a voicemail when they called(clutching at straws lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Got the E5 credit and set up Voicemail and trick working good, thanks

Job-hunting so maybe could've missed out if there wasn't a voicemail when they called(clutching at straws lol)

Best of luck with the hunt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

How do you top up every 4 weeks? do you schedule a top up or do you do it manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You can schedule it but there is no need. The action of topping up doesn't activate the plan (like Tesco) but rather meteor taking the money from your credit on your due date

On roaming, I used up about 4Gb roaming which is noted in balance roam. However my balance data didn't reduce while roaming I.e. The roaming 6.3Gb was extra. A glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Is this still available does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

sue97 wrote: »
    Is this still available does anyone know?

The port in offer is still available at least. You just need to go through the live chat on their website.

Be prepared for some staff saying its not. Even staff in stores didn't know about it when it was on screens behind them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭bromley52

TheDriver wrote: »
    On roaming, I used up about 4Gb roaming which is noted in balance roam. However my balance data didn't reduce while roaming I.e. The roaming 6.3Gb was extra. A glitch?
    Interesting, just arrived in Portugal so must keep and eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭grinder23

Anyone can get the offer even existing customers just text 20 unlimited to 50104

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

grinder23 wrote: »
    Anyone can get the offer even existing customers just text 20 unlimited to 50104
    Just wondering if this is true, don't see the 20 unlimited option on the meteor site. my wife is on the 24 Euro plan for ages now and she is shopping around for a better deal. The plan she is on is a rolling monthly SIM only meteor one (4gb data and unlimited texts and 200 mins calls) can she also text to opt in to this simplicity plan.
    Cheers

The 20unlimited still worked fine. Just pick up a SIM, text 20unlimited and you have opted into the plan. Then port your number over. No need to deal with anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

TheDriver wrote: »
    The 20unlimited still worked fine. Just pick up a SIM, text 20unlimited and you have opted into the plan. Then port your number over. No need to deal with anyone.

Or...how about you pick up a SIM first, port over, then text 20unlimited and you have opted into the plan for your number and not the 085 number instead.

No?

You can do it either way, works out same

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

TheDriver wrote:

Hi....

What is involved in the 20unlimited please... Is it unlimited data by any chance? And if it is can I simply use a brand new meteor sim card and get this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Hi....

What is involved in the 20unlimited please... Is it unlimited data by any chance? And if it is can I simply use a brand new meteor sim card and get this deal?

It's the €30 plan on this page: https://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/simplicity/

But you get it for €20 instead of €30

Plus 6.3Gb EU roaming data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

I called meteor Portlaoise, they told me the offer is now closed. Any way around this?

What timescale would I be looking at getting back to meteor if I ported to Vodafone today,currently a meteor pay monthly customer.

I called customer services, put me on a different pay monthly SIM only deal. 400 mins, unlimited texts, 10gb(5gb roaming ), voicemail. €20.

Avoids the hassle of swapping around and I stillborn won't go over the allowances.

Advertisement