Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Ah Basquille - I think yer being a bit harsh there.
    I thought the flashback scenes were a touch of genuis. Only room for 3 on the plane? I think quite a few of them might not make it past the walls. So that scene really built up the escape reminding us of everyone's driving motives.
    And then to have that final scene - after thinking that Michael was going to be stuck with fixing the Taj all night. Brilliant.

Can the final 2 eps get any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

NoelRock wrote:
    When does this start on Irish TV?!?!?!
    Girlfriend said she read somewhere that both it and 'Grey's Anatomy' (another excellent show) are starting on RTE2 sometime around the start of the World Cup. Believe me.... it's worth the wait... such a feckin' show!
    monomaniac wrote:
    Ah Basquille - I think yer being a bit harsh there.
    Yeah, i know.. as i said, that was me at my most critical!
    And i did enjoy the flashback scene (and the brillant Massive Attack sample along with it) but i just wanted it to end (as i knew it was nearing the end of the episode) just to see what could happen next.

But i did really enjoy the episode.. they're just minor littles niggles i had with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

monomaniac wrote:
    And then to have that final scene - after thinking that Michael was going to be stuck with fixing the Taj all night. Brilliant.
    I was sure that the plan was scuppered, didn't see the twist coming.
    Accidently read the spoiler about taking Pope hostage here before i watched it,
    so i really should have known.
    Very good ending again this week.
    Its set up for a great ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

basquille wrote:
    Girlfriend said she read somewhere that both it and 'Grey's Anatomy' (another excellent show) are starting on RTE2 sometime around the start of the World Cup. Believe me.... it's worth the wait... such a feckin' show!

Grrrrrrawwwwwr. I'm going stateside for eight weeks for the start of the World Cup. It must be like a trade... Ireland gets two good shows in exchange for me (Good deal for us, I must say!).

I guess I'll have to wait for Channel 6 - here's hoping their run doesn't start until August :)! Cheers for the info though Basquille!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Basquille may be a bit harsh but he's right about
    Sara and the drink. Unless she was an alco too, but there's been no mention of that.

Good ending, I was wondering how Michael was going to get away from the Pope, but it was all part of the plan, ooooh! As for the 3 seats in the plane, who knows? Would it be a bit to soppy for all the baddies to get killed and have the good guys get away? I can't see Charles making it, he looks in a bad way. C-note might get taken down by the other black dudes before they even start, that other guy looked real pissed with him. John kind of has too I guess, since the plane is his and he has Veronica as collateral. Then it's gotta be Michael and Linc with him, so where does that leave Tweener, Sucre and T-bag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i don't think tweener is going to survive, he has the token dead guy face but more importantly i think the crew are going to pass back Avacado on the way to the infirmary and he's gonna take tweeners tweener from him...no doubt

Good episode overall, wasn't too impressed with the Massive Attack ending, where did that come out off? bad choice as song imo. Should have stuck to the normal classical stuff or whatever it is they use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

jor el wrote:
    Basquille may be a bit harsh but he's right about
    Sara and the drink. Unless she was an alco too, but there's been no mention of that.
    In AA they regard taking a drink or drug the same. Addicted to one, addicted to all. All part of the twelve steps program. Remember Sara tried calling her sponsor.

Bit extreme IMO but whatever works for you.

Yeah.. asked the girlfriend and she said it was in the newspaper a week or two back about 'Prison Break' / 'Greys Anatomy' starting around the beginning of the World Cup.

RTE said it was to somewhat combat the fact that Ireland wasn't in the World Cup... in my opinion, it's a very bad idea to start two great shows along the same time as the World Cup because regardless of whether Ireland are in it or not, the games will get the viewers but i presume they'll try not to have those shows on the same time as the games.

As RTE2 will more than likely be showing the footie.. and don't think RTE1 will be showing 'Prison Break' / 'Greys Anatomy'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Football sucks!

Anyone else notice Agent Kellerman in 'Scrubs' last night as Dr. Stone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

basquille wrote:
    Anyone else notice Agent Kellerman in 'Scrubs' last night as Dr. Stone?

I sure did, it was quite a while into the episode before I noticed it was him, the black beard didnt really help to be honest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I don't the get tweener thing either, and Sara wouldn't leave the door open after all that, bitch. Im sure she'll return to the prison for the drama.

Who was it that we saw talking to the male lawyer before?

see what I siad, in the end he sin't going to use his knowledge of the prison to get out is he.

For those who are interested... next to buy on my DVD purchases list:
    Prison Break - Sound the alarm! Season 1 breaks out this August!

Most men would do anything to get out of Fox River Penitentiary, but Michael Scofield will do anything to get in. His brother Lincoln has been sentenced to die for a crime he did not commit, and the only way to save him is from the inside out. Armed with prison blueprints and an impossibly intricate escape plan, Michael gets himself incarcerated, and the race against time is on. Now, he'll need all of the cunning, daring, and luck he can muster... along with the assistance of some of the prison's most vile and dangerous felons.

Fox has announced plans to release their big 2005/2006 hit, Prison Break, on August 8. The 6 disc set will include all 22 episodes (966 mins), along with lost of extras. The set will sport an anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1) trasnfer, and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio (with Spanish subtitles). Check out these extras:

* Pilot Commentary #1 by: Paul Scheuring & Dominic Purcell
    * Pilot Commentary #2 by: Brett Ratner & Mark Helfrich
    * Cute Poison Commentary #1 by: Paul Scheuring, Dominic Purcell & Wade Williams
    * Cute Poison Commentary #2 by: Matt Olmstead and Silas Weir Mitchell
    * Riots, Drills and the Devil (Part 1) Commentary #1 by: Paul Scheuring, Dominic Purcell, Robert Knepper, Sarah Wayne Callies, Amaury Nolasco & Wade Williams
    * Riots, Drills and the Devil (Part 1) Commentary #2 by: Nick Santora & Bob Mandel
    * Riots, Drills and the Devil (Part 2) Commentary by: Paul Scheuring, Dominic Purcell, Wade Williams, Amaury Nolasco & Peter Stormare
    * Odd Man Out Commentary by: Garry Brown & Karyn Usher & Bobby Roth
    * Brother's Keeper Commentary #1 by: Paul Scheuring, Robert Knepper, Sarah Wayne Callies, Amaury Nolasco & Wade Williams
    * Brother's Keeper Commentary #2 by: Greg Yaitenes & Zach Estrin
    * 2 Alternate Scenes for Cute Poison
    * "If These Walls Could Speak: Profile of the Joliet Correctional Center"
    * "Beyond the Ink: Tattoo Featurette"
    * Inside Look

Episodes include:

1. Disc 1: Pilot
    2. Allen
    3. Cell Test
    4. Cute Poison

Disc 2:
    5. English, Fitz or Percy
    6. Riots, Drills and the Devil (Part 1)
    7. Riots, Drills and the Devil (Part 2)
    8. The Old Head

Disc 3:
    9. Tweener
    10. Sleight of Hand
    11. And Then There Were Seven
    12. Odd Man Out

Disc 4:
    13. End of the Tunnel
    14. The Rat
    15. By The Skin & The Teeth
    16. Brother's Keeper

Disc 5:
    17. J-Cat
    18. Bluff
    19. The Key
    20. Tonight

Disc 6:
    21. Go
    22. Flight

The set will sell for $59.98 US, or $89.98 CAN. We'll post artwork for the set as soon as it's made available to us.

They're releasing it in 2 parts on R2 (as they did with 'Lost') so the R1 is definantly the one to buy. Also, nice to see plenty of commentaries.. my favourite extra features on a DVD.

No artwork has been released but the R2 Season 1 Part 1 and 2 artwork is as follows (as on Play.com) so should be something similar to one of them:

912309m.jpg934095m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

As per usual region 2 viewers get shafted. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

region 1 it is then

they should have Robert Knepper as T-Bag introduce every episode on the DVD, that would be "a most splended affair"

they should have Robert Knepper as T-Bag introduce every episode on the DVD, that would be "a most splended affair"
    Or "hello, my pretties"! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

The three people on the plane are abruttuzi, yer wan and probably linc

imho

I doubt yer wan will be there. I reckon Micheal, Linc and Abruzi

Yer wan? We need names.. i assume you mean
    Veronica (myself and the girlfriend were talking about that today and we can't still can't figure out why exactly Abruzzi wants Nick to bring Veronica there!)

I have to agree with Bond-007 on his choices mainly based on:
    - Abruzzi - obviously based on the fact it's his plane
    - Michael - will only tell Abruzzi about Fibonnachi when he's safe on the plane
    - Linc - not a hope Michael would get on the plane without him

But i'd like these stress these are who i think the seats are for... i have no doubt in my mind that these seats may not even be used as i think plans are bound to go pear shaped as soon as Abruzzi goes on his killing spree!

My 2c's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kittenz

I have just caught up with you all, watched up to episode 20 last night, my god, i cant believe how good this show is, cant believe there is only a couple of episodes left. Episode 20 was really good, i couldnt have predicted half of what happened in it! :eek:

For those wondering about when it will be shown on RTE, here is the reply i got from them a while back
    According to the provisional RTÉ Television schedule, the series begins on Tuesday, 20th June at 22.00. However after the initial three programmes the time to range between 21.30 and 22.15. This is a provisional schedule and can be changed at short notice. So do check on Aertel nearer the time for updates, if any.

Kind Regards

Brigitte (Murphy)
    RTÉ Communications
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

hey ive just spent the last week or so watchin every episode of prison break and my god it is good.. im only gonna talk about 20 tho..
    i thought the massive attack thing was brilliant, it sent shivers down my spine, but i was really hoping that there would be some revelation at the end of it that had been thought of by the writers since day one and it would come out just after that because it was built up SO much by the end... it didn't happen but the end was class nonetheless

im dying to see tonights ep now! :)

i'm looking forward to seeing it too, especially since i got banned from my other favourite tv show forum :(. I will have to hold untill the weekend to watch it thou, blasted exams.

What forum you get banned from, Rollo? And why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I presume it was Lost or 24 he got banned from. Ther aint that many tv forums. Only Big Bro, 24, Lost.

Just after watching the latest episode.

Another great episode imho.
    Haywire is back and threatens to unhinge the whole escape. Warden Tied up in his closet and Bellick still underground. Great to see that Sarah came thru for the escape effort by unlocking the doors for them. Sad to see Charles fall by the way side.

Next week we have the Abruzi killing spree to look forward to. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

kittenz wrote:
    I have just caught up with you all, watched up to episode 20 last night, my god, i cant believe how good this show is, cant believe there is only a couple of episodes left. Episode 20 was really good, i couldnt have predicted half of what happened in it! :eek:

For those wondering about when it will be shown on RTE, here is the reply i got from them a while back

:)

oh great there going to messaround with the timing like they do with westwing and thirdwatch thankyou RTE

basquille wrote:
    What forum you get banned from, Rollo? And why?

Lost | Click da Link And the reason....not 100% sure tbh, i think i was just being myself.
    I presume it was Lost or 24 he got banned from.
    i can't watch 24, i hate the intermisson things that they have between scenes, drives me nuts.

Thought you'd abandoned all hope on 'Lost'! :D

Fraid i'm not gonna be able to voice my opinion on either PB or Lost til the weekend - with exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

The episode was ok. Quite tense and the end part though

Advertisement