Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

I have been told by a CPW manager that it will either be the very end of this month or very early next month so Monday August 1 sounds about right ...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

BrianD wrote:
    They are right taking the time. Build their brand and then launch. Notice that not one advert has shown a product yet?
    I think they'll take much of the same line as Orange (which was previously a Hutchinson company) do and not show phones in their adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Well its hard to say 100% get the Car Phone Warehouse magazine this month the phones are in there. Maybe they will bring the Nokia out in addition to those . Id love to the 6680 personally. The LG would be good if it had bluetooth. 1st August seems like a good prediction for launch. As soon as any one hears post it asap. The ads are a bit premature and the website is still not updated. The ads tell you to call a number but this gets you through to a call centre in India who no nothing about it . He thought Ireland was part of the UK !!!! Imagine.....they seem to have not allowed for the delay in launching and the ads came out too quickley or maybe they just want people to start talking about the ads and 3 in which case it has worked!! Guy in CPW said they have all ads and posters and stands locked in back of shop so its all ready to roll out when they get nod from 3....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Fungus wrote:
    I have been told by a CPW manager that it will either be the very end of this month or very early next month so Monday August 1 sounds about right ...

Probably not: Aug 1st=Bank Holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Probably not: Aug 1st=Bank Holiday
    I would not be surprised if they did not know this, as it is not a bank holiday in England / Wales.

• Advertisement

Thats true enough although CPW may be open that day and Grafton Street will be packed if its like last year so may get more response especially if they have promotions on the streets....who knows. I cant believe that they would be that silly not to know its a holiday CPW would have told them as it seems 3 wont have their own shops like in the UK. 3 shops are in a corner of the Superdrug store's over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭kirving

I did a net work search on my voda 6630 nd came up with a network called "272 05" which i cant connect to. i wonder if it's 3 testing their network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i still donot trust 3 until its available in the shops as they have changed the arrive day so many times:D
    but i cannot wait to see the price plan and fones availble

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The only phones that look remotely decent are the 6630, 6680 and E1000. The rest are pretty uninspiring...

The LG seems to be a re-worked Samsung Z100/105.. This is not a good thing..

The Motorola V975 is basically the same phone as the tragic V980..

Compared to Vodafone's offering of the 6680, Sharp V902, SE V800 and Moto V1050, I know which I would pick.. Mind you, I do not reduce everything than to the cost..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Dellas wrote:
    I cant believe that they would be that silly not to know its a holiday CPW would have told them as it seems 3 wont have their own shops like in the UK.
    It’s possible. Bare in mind 3 Ireland is essentially nothing more than an extension of 3 UK. There will be a nominal presence here, however beyond that everything else will be either outsourced or handled in the UK office (in Birmingham, AFAIK). The impression I get (and I’d rather not say how I got it) is that their overall research into the Irish market leaves a lot to be desired.

• Advertisement

August 1 is only speculation AFAIK ... All I was told was "the very end of this month or the very start of next month". Some of the CPW and the 3G stores will be open on August 1.

The Sunday Business Post yesterday said it was a "July launch" in their tech section. So who knows .... it's coming very soon ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

how cheap are 3 UK? they would probably have around the same rates sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

1huge1 wrote:
    how cheap are 3 UK? they would probably have around the same rates sure

low 20s mid 40s low 60s phones from 70-250

oh saw a 3 phone and sim card today :D

low 20s mid 40s low 60s phones from 70-250

3 UK phones are free. Are you saying how much 3 Ireland will charge for them?

Fungus wrote:
    3 UK phones are free. Are you saying how much 3 Ireland will charge for them?

there have been free phones in the uk for years....

free phones in ireland ?? dream on my child :p

IRL05 comes up when I do a network search and this is the 3 network. Its been around a while as 3 had corporate clients here testing the 3G network. I dont think they will give free phones just heavy discounted ones but they may surprise us. The day its launched I will sign up thats for sure. If its free its a bonus. Ideally id like a Nokia 6680 on 3 Network...although Ill settle for E1000 Motorola.

think my mate said the 6680 is 150-250 depending on the package
    motorola is like 99-130

think my mate said the 6680 is 150-250 depending on the package
    motorola is like 99-130

So not much cheaper then?

we will see within the next 17 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I did a network search while in traffic between Claregalway and Galway city and got a network saying IRL-05. I presume this is 3

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

All this "will it, won't it" sort of stuff reminds me of "Big Ed loves Mona"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I just did a scan now, I can see:

Meteor
    3g Vodafone
    3g 272 05
    3g 02 - IRL
    3g 272 91

Does anybody know who's who (apart from the obvious)?

I thought 272 91 was 3, or maybe it was 272 05, I can't remember. Is the new one on the list an existing broadcaster in Ireland?

05 is 3.. First time I have seen the other one to be honest..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SaltySeaDog

heard 3/8/5 for launch

3 = company name
    8 = chinese lucky number

...allegedly...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

heard 3/8/5 for launch

3 = company name
    8 = chinese lucky number

...allegedly...

you seem to know a lot about 3, you dont by any chance work for 3 do you?

heard 3/8/5 for launch

3 = company name
    8 = chinese lucky number

...allegedly...

Thats fits the slot now that you say it.

+ 3 have wanted to launch on a wednesday all along june 1st, july 6th

I recon your right + one other reason makes me think its defo that week just wasnt sure of the day

Was in CPW today and was told its delayed for two months!!! I think they have been told to say that!!! The 3rd August theory is the best prediction so far I think. The new double decker A380 aircraft is selling well in China/Hong Kong as its got the lucky 8 in it....if the Nokia 6680 is 150 Euro thats not too bad although 3 will block you seeing non 3 content so you cant just enter www. etc!!! its blocked thats the only thing putting me off.

2 month delay is true was supposed to be a live network on june 1st --> Aug 3rd is 2 months

Hi got it on good authority today that 3 have the following Nokia phones for launch on the Irish market . 6680 and 6630 so good news. I know a guy who has seen the phones and says they are in stock for the launch. He also thinks we will know more by this time next week so heres hoping!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Dellas wrote:
    ....although 3 will block you seeing non 3 content so you cant just enter www. etc!!! its blocked thats the only thing putting me off.

Just wondering where u heard that information. That's a serious drawback to going on 3.

Advertisement