Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Prepay is in the pipe i think launching without it was a mistake.
    Definitely a mistake.. do you work for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

8 orders so far on the site.

Does 3 know you're leaking all this info?!

When Vodafone's 3G handset prices go up next week I suppose 3's ones will seem more competitive. 50c a min after the packages seems a little steep though...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RandlePMcMurphy

rymus wrote:
    Stopped me anyway.. I don't want to have to text everyone in my phone book to tell them to replace 087 with 083 until the end of August and then go back to using 087 after that. Doesn't seem to be any word on webtexts either!?! It'd be a bit odd not to match the other operator's 300/350 webtexts as not offering it is a point against porting over to them.

Also (and I may be nitpicking now) what's the story with voicemail? Free access like Vodafone/Meteor?

What he said! - and why didn't they launch with a blog on their site - we could be asking the questions directly to them and they would be getting valuable feedback from potential customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

true.. I may force myself to send an email..

done, although the contact form doesnt work in firefox. Another con to using 3 :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

where is that?

If you're referring to the roaming list, http://www.3ireland.ie/ireland/iexplore/icoverage/intIndex.omp - if you're referring to the image error, click on Italy, Australia etc - any country 3 has a network in, it seems to refer to the UK

Their network to network charges seem fairly reasonable. I'm surprised they didn't launch three pay alongside - but then again, they may have wanted to focus on one first and iron out the wrinkles. Can't seem to find anything about voicemail costs (or lack of) though. I doubt they'll do webtexts - they didn't when I was a 3 customer in the UK as far as I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

The prices after included minutes seem to be (same for all packages):

Text Messages: 9c
    Landline and Voicemail: 15c
    Mobile calls (all networks): 30c

Seem to be quiet good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

rymus wrote:
    Also (and I may be nitpicking now) what's the story with voicemail? Free access like Vodafone/Meteor?

It's 15c per minute. It is in the section for Ireland landline calls.

paulm17781 wrote:
    It's 15c per minute. It is in the section for Ireland landline calls.

15c - ouch. That's fairly steep, especially on a per minute basis. Not that I use voicemail much, but still!

thats pretty saucy really... especially when free voicemail is available elsewhere. thats another con to porting. Maybe meteor is looking rather attractive after all..

BuffyBot wrote:
    15c - ouch. That's fairly steep, especially on a per minute basis. Not that I use voicemail much, but still!

I agree, I never use my voicemail, but it is still free when I need it.

3 still look to have the most attractive monthly tarrifs though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

BuffyBot wrote:
    Can't seem to find anything about voicemail costs (or lack of) though.
    It's 15c/minute. Disappointing.
    http://www.3ireland.ie/ireland/iexplore/ihowmuch/servicePricesVoice.omp?plan=PayMon
    EDIT: (Sorry, didn't see previous post on it.)

That wouldn't turn me off them though. Their Video Talk & Text 200 package looks like a good deal (Will switch after they get the number portability working).

It only seems to cost 5p in the UK from what I can find out :(

15c seems a bit steep in comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

is it possible to video call to another network or another country? Can't find the info and find the site a little confusing....

Goldstein wrote:
    It's 15c/minute. Disappointing.
    http://www.3ireland.ie/ireland/iexplore/ihowmuch/servicePricesVoice.omp?plan=PayMon
    EDIT: (Sorry, didn't see previous post on it.)

That wouldn't turn me off them though. Their Video Talk & Text 200 package looks like a good deal (Will switch after they get the number portability working).

The thing that annoys me is the 25 Euro options

200 voice minutes, 300 text messages, 100 voice minutes & 100 text messages.

If the voice and text one had 50 more texts I would be slightly more impressed, probably not enough to stop whinging though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for contacting 3, Ireland's new mobile network.

At the moment, we don't offer a pre-pay option, however we are looking to launch this service in the near future.

Should you require any further assistance, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Many Thanks,

AG/2607
    3 Customer Services
    0833 333 333
    Welcome to our Network
    www.3ireland.ie

and another....

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Wth regards to your queries I can confirm that any calls to your voicemail will be deducted from your monthly call allowance i.e. your free minutes, and I'm afraid that we do not offer a webtext facility from our website, although we may offer this in the future.

All may not be lost, although the "may offer" doesn't inspire much confidence given that they havent bothered with webtext for the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

It seems that 3 want to sell as much online as possible...further to my reply earlier I was just onto 3 direct sales in Glasgow 083 3333333 I got a phone on pay monthly Motorola V975 new black model for Euro 59 and a great tarriff plan Eur 45 a month and I get 200 minutes any network and 200 texts so I took the plunge and ordered over phone....thats the kind of deal you want to see!!!!! CPW dont have these deals yet and it will be a while apparantly before they do!!! Seems weird but hell Im getting my phone by courier Thursday so if you want to get a deal go to www.3ireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I think international video calling is possible. I know it is in Austria,Italy and Uk and Australia if someone has 3 in those countries but I have a friend in UK on 3 and before today I was on Vodafone with my 3G handset, He called me and we had a video call from 3 UK to Vodafone Ireland. I couldnt call him though!!!! I guess its trial and error....I will be happy to try it for anyone when I get phone on Thursday. Im getting various free content and downloads til 31st December and Video calls to other 3G handsets are only 30c at promo rate....I will keep you updated with my experiences ,problems etc.... Three pay may be launched in time for Christmas. I was topping up my Vodafone pay as you go with around Eur 40 a month so I thought Eur 45 on pay monthly with 3 was a good deal..I will proberbly keep my Vodafone number though for webtext and just topp up once every 6 months by Eur 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I think the offering is pretty poor really. It is good for bundles of Irish minutes I suppose, but not amazing.

International calls are expensive. They arent offering anything like the launch deals they had in the UK. Another sign of the networks milking the Irish market for all they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭ross_castle

BuffyBot wrote:
    Probably the one I'll go for.

Can anyone find their listing of call/text costs when you go over your minutes?

fifty friggin cent

• Advertisement

jrey1981 wrote:
    They arent offering anything like the launch deals they had in the UK. Another sign of the networks milking the Irish market for all they can.

I agree I like the tariffs but the phone costs leave alot to be desired. I wouldn't mind 6 months cheap line rental either.

dont ya mean 'fitty' cent? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I have the meteor 75 plan with 75 mins and 75 texts for 25 euro. 3 Beats this no prob but without full number portability its completely out of the question. 3g phones are still a bit bulky for my liking too...i recently got the 6230i and wouldnt really fancy changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RandlePMcMurphy

It would be really good if a 3 Ireland rep came on here to discuss their offerings. What do you think the chances of that are?

Of course, as I mentioned earlier, if they had incorporated a blog into their new website, we could be having this discussion with them now and they would be getting tremendous feedback on their offerings - the kinda stuff they pay marketing companies fortunes to research for them (think focus groups etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Has anyone visit the 3 websites? They have their new tariffs out - they pretty much blow the competition out of the water. too bad bout the crap handsets thou

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

rymus wrote:
    dont ya mean 'fitty' cent? :D

can you spell, it is fifty cent and not fitty cent fit-ty.

anyway back to the topic in hand, i wonder how many people have gone off to 3 network, is their anyone here using the new 3 network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

The handsets are crap being out in the UK for a while and no Prepay will watch eagerly but at the moment they be crap, so will keep me XDA II for now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

i have been cold called twice by 3 today - asking me if i currently had a mobile even though they just called me on an 087 number, UK call centre so they haven,t a clue. Also I see from the end of e-mails people have been getting it has a 0800 num on the end isn't that a UK free phone number should it not be 1800 for Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

gpf101 wrote:
    3g phones are still a bit bulky for my liking too...i recently got the 6230i and wouldnt really fancy changing.
    Check out the Samsung Z500, it's a 3G handset and it's smaller than your Nokia.

• Advertisement

Also I see from the end of e-mails people have been getting it has a 0800 num on the end isn't that a UK free phone number should it not be 1800 for Ireland?

It's not 0800, its an 083 numbers - ie 083 333 3333.

Advertisement