Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Dellas wrote:
    Hi got it on good authority today that 3 have the following Nokia phones for launch on the Irish market . 6680 and 6630 so good news. I know a guy who has seen the phones and says they are in stock for the launch. He also thinks we will know more by this time next week so heres hoping!!!!

Sure i said that ages ago :rolleyes:

page 2/3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Just wondering where u heard that information. That's a serious drawback to going on 3.

Alas it's a fact, and I'd wouldn't imagine it'll change with the launch of 3 Ireland. It's how they operate their other networks (i.e. the UK etc). Basically they use a "walled garden" system with only 3's content accessible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SaltySeaDog

Sparky_S wrote:
    you seem to know a lot about 3, you dont by any chance work for 3 do you?

no dont work for 3, but am involved in mobile industry here, one of my mates works indirectly for them and has a had a few test phones for the trial so that's how i see what they have to offer etc..had 3 phone in UK when worked there aswell

You cant get internet on the phones, as buffy bot said, it's a walled garden, i.e. their own content

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

no dont work for 3, but am involved in mobile industry here, one of my mates works indirectly for them and has a had a few test phones for the trial so that's how i see what they have to offer etc..had 3 phone in UK when worked there aswell

You cant get internet on the phones, as buffy bot said, it's a walled garden, i.e. their own content

Thats grand just wondering, its a pitty about just there own content, if they had allowed normal internet data through them im sure this would be a decent selling point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Lots of cheapo asian handsets in there, all priced at £0 , eg

http://www.3ireland.ie/handsets/handsetoverview.omp?subleft=2&header=PAYMON&cid=1103643344308

Not a single natty Nokia to be seen anywhere.

The 6680 and the 6630 are on the website now like the man said.

I hereby retract my 'cheapo asian' jibe and below is the new handset list for Bill Pay customers .

http://www.3ireland.ie/handsets/paymonthlyhandsets.omp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Apparently Nokia 6680 wont be available til 2 weeks after the launch..dont know why but its a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

Was talking to a store rep in the 3G store in Henry street. She said that 3 was defo launching this Wednesday July 27th . She said that date had been pushed back twice before but she did not think it would be changed again. We will soon find out ...

first date=june 1st
    --vodafone backed out of some roaming agreement.
    second=july 5th
    --this was a good one cos they added some phones to the range and put the prices up a bit for the handsets however tariffs decreased in cost which is good in the long run.
    real=wednesday either this one or the one after personally i like the whole 3/lucky 8/5

OK guys as soon as someone knows its been launched ie: 9am Wednesday 27th or 9am 8Th August logg on here asap and post it ok. I will be checking this board every morning for the next week . If I know anything I will post it asap too....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Fungus wrote:
    Was talking to a store rep in the 3G store in Henry street. She said that 3 was defo launching this Wednesday July 27th . She said that date had been pushed back twice before but she did not think it would be changed again. We will soon find out ...

I didn't know the 3G store were selling 3.

• Advertisement

Me neither I thought CPW had sole contract!!! Anyone know about this???

afaik 3g are not selling the phones only CPW / their own shops (whenever they get round to getting them set up) / phone orders / orders via the irish website (first country to sell phones online for 3)

Hi guys I just got call from CPW as I pre registered for launch ...they said they are launching tomorrow!!!!!!

Word on the street is 9am tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SaltySeaDog

heard launch is tomorrow, lunchtime or thereabouts..

heard launch is tomorrow, lunchtime or thereabouts..

Instead of stating what i was overhearing i asked someone there 2PM tomorrow is the time it will be launched with the press etc. site going live etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fenderbender

Just been watchin the news, 3 is launching this week and they have signed deals with 3g and car phone warehouse to sell phones. Eircom just bought meteor.

eircom bought meteor..... bah cya round so meteor.... its back to o2 i go

Dellas wrote:
    Me neither I thought CPW had sole contract!!! Anyone know about this???

No CPW do not have the sole contract ... 3G will defo have the phones this week. Just look at the massive posters in their St. Stephens Green Store.

Going to be interesting to see their packages at 2 PM Tomorrow ...

22€ 45€ 60€

• Advertisement

22€ 45€ 60€

How many minutes and texts for €22 ? €45 ? €60 ?

Know how much international texts and calls will be?

Anyone know how much phones will be????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Just wait til tomorrow!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Fungus wrote:
    22€ 45€ 60€

How many minutes and texts for €22 ? €45 ? €60 ?

Know how much international texts and calls will be?

I have no inside info, but if you look at the offerings in the UK, I'd imagine:

http://www.three.co.uk/explore/howmuch/priceplans/monthlyindex.omp

€22 is VideoTalk 100
    €45 is Text And Talk 400 or Talk and Text 600
    €60 is Talk and Text 900

That is a guess based on exchange rates and my assumption that they aren't going to do anything radically different from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Have they launched!?!?

bk wrote:
    I have no inside info, but if you look at the offerings in the UK, I'd imagine:

http://www.three.co.uk/explore/howmuch/priceplans/monthlyindex.omp

€22 is VideoTalk 100
    €45 is Text And Talk 400 or Talk and Text 600
    €60 is Talk and Text 900

That is a guess based on exchange rates and my assumption that they aren't going to do anything radically different from the UK.

i think from what i recall havent looked in over a week there are 3 similar packages for each price bracket ie

3X22€
    3X45€
    3X60€

ones quoted above look about right bar the talk and text 900. Phones get cheaper the higher the package you choose 13.5hours to launch....

Dellas wrote:
    Anyone know how much phones will be????

from 40 (or 60) up to the the most expensive 249 for the nokia 6680 on the 22€ package (its 149 on 60€ package)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

3ireland.ie has been updated with a message to say to check back this afternoon. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 garymidgley

So its official, they have now launched, see

http://www.breakingnews.ie/
    3's price plans start at €25 per month. 3 offers a range of 3G video entertainment services with every price plan at no extra cost.

• Advertisement

the 3 online shop goes live in 52mins

Advertisement