Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

the 3 online shop goes live in 52mins

Same url as before or will the website be updated by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

Same URL ...

RTE have said it is €25 for 200 anytime any network minutes ... this is several times better than what is on offer at the moment.

Minutes till the website goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

if, for once, RTE is right, that offer will blow every other provider out of the water. I cant see it being that cheap but I suppose we'll see in a half hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RandlePMcMurphy

rymus wrote:
    if, for once, RTE is right, that offer will blow every other provider out of the water. I cant see it being that cheap but I suppose we'll see in a half hour.

Rymus,

Stephen Pilkington 3’s Commercial Director for Ireland, announced that pricing on Morning Ireland this morning - see http://www.tomrafteryit.net/3-ireland-about-to-launch/ for more

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Was in CPW at lunch....nobody can buy phones until tomorrow as they can only connect them tomorrow!!! They had no promo material or posters or stands etc....guy said cheapest phone was LG at around Euro 100 . No Three pay only contract at the moment. Its a bit dissapointing to be honest and not competitive if you have to pay alot more for the phone even if the tarrifs are cheaper!!! The Motorola V975 was supposed to be out but there was a problem with supply. Also the 3G coverage might not be as much as people thought it was going to be. The bubbles burst !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Will be interesting to see what they have to offer! 10 minutes and counting :D

yeah... after I posted that I read a few comments and released on a few websites.. another case of leaping before looking I'm afraid. time to jump the HMS Vodafone and move to 3'er shores

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Indeed the 6680 with Vodafone is Eur 79...Im not gonna pay Eur 159 or so with 3. They give them free in UK. Why are we always ripped off. Why couldnt they give us a real deal on handsets and tarriffs!!!! 3 could have had a huge campaign that everyone would have noticed and also wiped the floor with the competition by offering special signing up offers etc....oh well maybe when thousands dont sign up they will offer better rates!!!!

I dunno.. I'd call 200 minutes for €25 quite a good deal... Whatever about the phones.

on the ball, it's 2pm and it looks like the site is being turned on

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Can you bring your phone to the network?
    I have a vodafone 6630. Just wondering will they unlock it for me before i leave their network.

• Advertisement

Something is happening on the site - it is unavailable right now

LOL, it does seem to be having some technical difficulties...it's not like they haven't had long enough to prepare! ;)

Now getting a 404

And it's up!

Now a loop on unavailable.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

ive been told the shop is live.

yeap working just slow

Finally it is up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭opus

Their talk & text (100 mins & 100 sms) for €25/month looks good. Might go for it myself later on in the year when I'm out of contract.

Their talk & text (100 mins & 100 sms) for €25/month

Probably the one I'll go for.

Can anyone find their listing of call/text costs when you go over your minutes?

• Advertisement

Phones are a bit expensive! :eek:

The prices are much the same as the UK but they have far more options there. We could do with those here :mad:

All in all looks ok. I have 32 Euro credit to use up before I consider moving though.

BuffyBot wrote:

Click on option you like, then click on "Charges outside your tariff"

free 3g content. About friggin time!

International roaming seems limited to other 3 countries so far :O

(They might also want to change the "In X you can make and receive video calls just like in the UK. Further 3G services will be available soon.") bit :D

BuffyBot wrote:

http://www.3ireland.ie/BlobServer.srv?blobdir=ROIDnloadDocumen&blobfile=roi+price+guide+280605.pdf

BuffyBot wrote:
    International roaming seems limited to other 3 countries so far :O

(They might also want to change the "In X you can make and receive video calls just like in the UK. Further 3G services will be available soon.") bit :D

where is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SnotNosedGit

You Can't port numbers til middle of August.
    I would think this will stop a lot of people switching right away. When number portability works then i can see a flood of people from other networks to 3 - unless the other networks come up with similar price plans.
    Calling any network is great. I'm sick of getting fleeced when i call outside my network.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

How come there's no pre-pay? I'm on O2 pay monthly, would have considered getting a prepay 3 phone...

Cond0r wrote:
    How come there's no pre-pay? I'm on O2 pay monthly, would have considered getting a prepay 3 phone...

Prepay is in the pipe i think launching without it was a mistake.

• Advertisement

You Can't port numbers til middle of August.
    I would think this will stop a lot of people switching right away.

Stopped me anyway.. I don't want to have to text everyone in my phone book to tell them to replace 087 with 083 until the end of August and then go back to using 087 after that. Doesn't seem to be any word on webtexts either!?! It'd be a bit odd not to match the other operator's 300/350 webtexts as not offering it is a point against porting over to them.

Also (and I may be nitpicking now) what's the story with voicemail? Free access like Vodafone/Meteor?

Advertisement