Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Didn't he find out that hagrid was innocent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

*Page* wrote:
    Didn't he find out that hagrid was innocent
    Didn't who find out that Hagrid was innocent? It was Harry that discovered that wasn't it?
    "magic runs strong in my family, my father had it, I have it, my... cousin has it, thats right Dudley"

Dudders .....:eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Marts wrote:
    who did ye think was gonna be offed in the Order Of The Phoenix?

Well I really didn't think it would be who it was, but after starting the book it became obvious damn it, I really didn't want that to happen, someone else should have been killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Wel, looks like I'll be getting my copy of THBP 3 or 4 days before the rest of the world.

/me passes huge bribe to friend who works in book-store.

Completely off-topic I know; I just like to brag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Fantasy

Whoa !! seriously banquo are you really getting it early ????!!!! :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Dudders .....:eek: :eek:
    don't worry, I'm just joking, just mixing Star Wars with Harry Potter for ****s and giggles, you know how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Carbon Peroxide

LoneGunM@n wrote:
    For some reason I've started to contemplate on whether or not Harry has a long lost sibling [like Luke & Leia in Star Wars]!! Far fetched I know, but maybe that's the HBP!!
    I don't see that happening. JK Rowling mentioned on her site that the half blood prince will be somebody we've known since book two.

My bet is Justin Finch-Fletchley. For some odd reason.

Marts wrote:
    don't worry, I'm just joking, just mixing Star Wars with Harry Potter for ****s and giggles, you know how it goes

You might be on to something though... remember in Prisoner of Askaban when Aunt marge says, its all to do with blood and then goes on about it being nothing to do with the father, it's all to do with the mother.Well, Petunia is Dudley's mother and she was Lilly's sister.... What if, it turns out that Petunia is a witch and has been hiding it all along and Dudders is the HBP...... :eek:
    Or she might not be but she know's that Duddley has inherited the family gift and is trying to surpress it in him.

I mean, at the beginning of the OOP when she knows what Dementor's are and she gets a howler and Harry asks her if she has contact with wizards..... it would all fit nicely

You might be on to something though... remember in Prisoner of Askaban when Aunt marge says, its all to do with blood and then goes on about it being nothing to do with the father, it's all to do with the mother.Well, Petunia is Dudley's mother and she was Lilly's sister.... What if, it turns out that Petunia is a witch and has been hiding it all along and Dudders is the HBP...... :eek:
    Or she might not be but she know's that Duddley has inherited the family gift and is trying to surpress it in him.

I mean, at the beginning of the OOP when she knows what Dementor's are and she gets a howler and Harry asks her if she has contact with wizards..... it would all fit nicely
    I repeat, I repeat, I was speculating! I mean its Dudders!, we meet his fat ass in the first book! and just for the record: the films completly wrecked the mental images I had of the family! and to the same extent, what I thought the Weasley family would look like. *sigh* I hate those films!

yea, the films suck... but at least the last one wasn't as bad as the first two! God, how Disney were they?! That bit at the end of the Chamber of secrets when Hagrid comes back from Askaban and harry says "Hogwarts wouldn't be the same without you" in a simpery whimpery way... I just want to vomit!!! And let us not forget in the Philosophers stone, Hagrid saying to harry in Diagon ally, over there you can get all your "bits and bob's for doin yer wizardry"..... BITS AND BOBS..... what???? :mad: :mad:
    *takes deep breath*

• Advertisement

yea, the films suck... but at least the last one wasn't as bad as the first two! God, how Disney were they?! That bit at the end of the Chamber of secrets when Hagrid comes back from Askaban and harry says "Hogwarts wouldn't be the same without you" in a simpery whimpery way... I just want to vomit!!! And let us not forget in the Philosophers stone, Hagrid saying to harry in Diagon ally, over there you can get all your "bits and bob's for doin yer wizardry"..... BITS AND BOBS..... what???? :mad: :mad:
    *takes deep breath*
    lol! well the first two put me off watching the rest, mostly because I didn't want any more of MY characters changed... mutilated! by those films, also I agree they were very cringeworthy. God damn those films! I mean also, the first book was tiny, especially compared to the following ones, and they still had to hack out about half of it for the film, and the half they hacked out was the good half! I mean wtf!

I've seen 1 1/2 of the films and I hate them, they ruin the books me thinks so I feel sorry for people who haven't read the books and then see the film and then don't bother with the books because the films are so sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

ó F&#237 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    not possible, he's a squib, or whatever its called, he's got two magical parents, but has no magic in his blood

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It's so tempting to liken it to Star Wars though! I know J.K. Rowling said Harry is NOT related to Voldemort - but just imagine if there was a "Harry, I am your father!" scene...

Sirius never told you what happened to your father
    he told me enough! he told me you killed him!
    no, I am your father!

it works like a charm!
    EDIT = no pun intended

Marts wrote:
    Sirius never told you what happened to your father
    he told me enough! he told me you killed him!
    no, I am your father!

it works like a charm!
    EDIT = no pun intended

:eek: CAN YOU IMAGINE!

:eek: CAN YOU IMAGINE!
    *imitates Willie* shhhhh, do ye want teh get sued!

that would be mighty funny!

It would probably work better on film than in a book though... Maybe the Simpsons will do a takeoff soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Fantasy wrote:
    Whoa !! seriously banquo are you really getting it early ????!!!! :eek: :eek:

Books arrive in bookshops a few days before they go on sale and Anna's old boss [from when she worked in the bookshop] is selling her few copies as soon as they arrive, one of which is for me [been ages since I asked her actaully, must remind her!]

So thats how i'm getting it, nothing special. Heck, maybe I'll get 3 or 4...

• Advertisement

:) Cool !! if you get more than one copy ... you know who to think of !!

they already did, Ned was 'reading' Harry Potter to Rod and Todd
    Flanders wrote:
    so Harry Potter, and all his friends, went to hell for practising witchcraft!

Marts wrote:
    they already did, Ned was 'reading' Harry Potter to Rod and Todd
    Hahaha, I must have missed that episode!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

banquo wrote:
    Books arrive in bookshops a few days before they go on sale and Anna's old boss [from when she worked in the bookshop] is selling her few copies as soon as they arrive, one of which is for me [been ages since I asked her actaully, must remind her!]

So thats how i'm getting it, nothing special. Heck, maybe I'll get 3 or 4...

uhhh, no they dont.....they arrive in a few hours before the official time at the earliest(and thats if the bookshop is lucky) they come in armoured vans, and have a security guard deliver them

jo's daughter doesnt even get the book early ffs

Marts wrote:
    not possible, he's a squib, or whatever its called, he's got two magical parents, but has no magic in his blood
    (Cue ridiculous speculations...)
    Maybe Filch isn't actually a squib, but has had all his magical memory erased by an evil wizard who is going to suddenly unleash all his powers and use him as a vehicle for taking over the world?

Or maybe his magical powers were stolen by an evil fairy godmother, and are encased in a mirror - Harry will break the mirror and suddenly all the powers will return to the Almight Filch, who will then go on to be the primary weapon against Voldemort?

Or maybe Filch is evil and has been pretending to be a squib, so that nobody will suspect him? He deliberately leaves the Kwikspell letters lying around the place so nobody will suspect him, and Mrs Norris is some sort of Animagus sidekick?

Anyone else got any improbable and over-the-top ideas about how Filch could be the Half-Blood Prince?

Fishie wrote:
    (Cue ridiculous speculations...)
    Or maybe his magical powers were stolen by an evil fairy godmother, and are encased in a mirror - Harry will break the mirror and suddenly all the powers will return to the Almight Filch, who will then go on to be the primary weapon against Voldemort?
    the mirror of Erised(sp?)

Fishie wrote:
    Hahaha, I must have missed that episode!!

Simpsons did a whole HP episode, I think it was one of the Halloween specials and they were all wizards and witches... it was pretty funny!

Simpsons did a whole HP episode, I think it was one of the Halloween specials and they were all wizards and witches... it was pretty funny!

Yep it was pretty good, I love the simpsons take on things, they managed to cover the play of Hamlet in about two minutes.

Ok, So I'm re-reading the Order the phoenix and it's bloody infurating. The prophecy smashed and no one hears it!!! NO ONE!!! Ahhhhhhh

Has anyone tried to figure out what the writing on the prophecy means?

S.P.T to A.P.W.B.D
    Dark Lord
    and (?) Harry Potter

• Advertisement

Come on don't tell me you havn't worked out what the initials are !!!!! :eek:

Advertisement