Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

*Page* wrote:
    well the prediction came about before harry was born and when voldemort found out he went after the baby(he had only heard part of it) to kill the baby so the pridiction wouldn't come true so far thats what he has been trying to do.. kill harry before harry kills him

I know, that's why I said "Voldemort knew that part, it was rest of it that he didn't know"

Anyway, in other news, check out these new pic's of GOF

Ron, Harry & Harmonie (Check out Ron's hair)
    http://www.hpana.com/imageviewer.cfm?nid=18541&f=trio.jpg
    Rita Skeeter
    http://www.hpana.com/imageviewer.cfm?nid=18541&f=rita.jpg
    Dumbledore and Fleur (Could just be the picture but Fleur doesn't live up to the Vila image)
    http://www.hpana.com/imageviewer.cfm?nid=18541&f=fleur-dumbledore.jpg
    Harry during a tournament task
    http://www.hpana.com/imageviewer.cfm?nid=18541&f=harry.jpg
    Harry - portrait
    http://www.hpana.com/imageviewer.cfm?nid=18541&f=harry3.jpg
    Ron and Harry
    http://www.hpana.com/imageviewer.cfm?nid=18541&f=ron-harry.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

http://www.knightbus.bravehost.com/books.html

it contains alot of stuff quotes from published material. but it also ansers some questions

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Ok, don't take this the wrong way, but why do people (not just you) go on about how long it takes them to read books? Is this something that impresses others? I mean, who has time to spend an entire day or in your case two whole days reading a book?
    I understand that Harry Potter books do have an unputdownable quality about them, but seriously, one day? Come on!!
    I would never have the time to spend an a whole day reading, I can feel like I don't want to stop reading because I'm enjoying a book so much but I do also like the anticipation.

The point of the comments I would imagine are that the books are so good you cant put them down and in so doing, you finish them rather quickley. I am a fast reader and usually read them on the weekend so it doesnt take up my whole day ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

From *Page*'s website link:
    Harry is not related to Voldemort and he is not related to Salazar Slytherin
    Well there goes that theory *grump, grump*

Could just be the picture but Fleur doesn't live up to the Vila image
    I totally agree! Urrgh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

From the knightbus website:

Something HUGE will be revealed about Lily Potter

She had a one night stand with Voldemort.

Harry is their love child! (cue ominous thunder)

She had a one night stand with Voldemort
    I hope that won't make it into the movie...

I don't know now, John Malkovich is a stud muffin. ;)

John Malkovich is playing Voldemort? *gasp*

Actually, he'd be very good. Suitably evil anyway

I have it on good authority that it is he anyway. Plus Brendan Gleeson is playing Mad eye, which I think is great casting.

• Advertisement

WOW, John Malkovich and Brendan Gleeson....Not too shabby!!

Lilly Potter having a fling with Voldemort... its all to easy. What if, she found a magic recipe book belonging to a young Salazar Slytherin and went back in time,shaged him, had a kid.... Voldemort's Great Uncle and Harry's Half brother.....now that would be interesting

I think it would be more interesting if JAMES had a fling with Voldemort... But then again Lily getting pregnant would be a better result

Lilly Potter having a fling with Voldemort... its all to easy. What if, she found a magic recipe book belonging to a young Salazar Slytherin and went back in time,shaged him, had a kid.... Voldemort's Great Uncle and Harry's Half brother.....now that would be interesting

the fling theory isn't real either in an online interview with J.K. Rowling she was asked if Voldemort had children and she says the idea of Voldemort having children isn't at all nice.

*Page* wrote:
    the fling theory isn't real either in an online interview with J.K. Rowling she was asked if Voldemort had children and she says the idea of Voldemort having children isn't at all nice.

I really don't think anyone believed that theory Page, I was just a joke. There's no way that J.K would make the mother of Harry Potter out to be anything but a good person. Having a fling with the most evil wizard in recent history just isn't her style.
    Also, lets not forget that these books are meant for children as well. While it might be fine for them to be dark and sometimes scary, I doubt sordid stories would bode well with parents.

i know it was a joke but it was actually asked to her in an interview. so i thought i'd just clarify that it wouldn't be happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Its Ralph Fiennes playing Voldemort..

Huh? The guy from Shakespeare in Love? He doesn't really seem that evil at all... Am I thinking of the wrong person? (I hope so)

Its Ralph Fiennes playing Voldemort..

So it would seem....
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330373/

Sh*t that sucks! He's too wishy-washy!!

I shall have words with my informant. Ralph Finnes looks the part alright, he shouldn't be too bad.

Miranda Richardson is playing Skeeter! She is exactly who I pictured for the part. And I see Jarvis Cocker is in the Wierd Sisters! (so one can only assume its the whole of pulp.)

Miranda Richardson is playing Skeeter! She is exactly who I pictured for the part.

I totally agree, she looks great as Rita, what a great character she is too!
    18541.jpg

• Advertisement

I was just looking at the jk rowling home page, and its interesting to see some of the stuff she has edited from the story, aswell as the many rumors she has quashed.

www.jkrowling.com

Best to view it in text format if you have a slow computer (like me :) )

yea, and it's a pretty cool web site too, very well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Rothen

her site is also good for the bits she had to take out of the story...V.Interesting.

Ok, so I've noticed that this post is being a bit neglected over the last few days so I've come up with a new theory for who the HBP might be....here goes...

It might be a prediction of someone yet to come.... another prediction could be discovered and it could be about Harry's own son, which would open up the idea of who is to marry/have a child with.
    Or..... sticking with the prediction theory, it could be a child that Voldemort has, I mean he might decide that he needs an son and heir to his evil thrown and procreate with some evil queen??? I'm totally grasping at straws aren't I? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I'm totally grasping at straws aren't I? :confused:
    Just a little bit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Ok, so I've noticed that this post is being a bit neglected over the last few days so I've come up with a new theory for who the HBP might be....here goes...

It might be a prediction of someone yet to come.... another prediction could be discovered and it could be about Harry's own son, which would open up the idea of who is to marry/have a child with.
    :

Well, tbh, if that was to be predicted then it means that Harry will survive after the last book. I dont think Rowling is going to give that secret away till the last chapter of book 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Fantasy

Well, tbh, if that was to be predicted then it means that Harry will survive after the last book. I dont think Rowling is going to give that secret away till the last chapter of book 7.

thats really true .. i doubt rowling will let that slip untill the very end.. btw i absolutly live for Harry Potter.

pref: 4,3,5, (can't chose between 1 + 2 )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

ó F&#237 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I can understand why you say that but no, I just loved OOTP!

• Advertisement

i LOVED ALL OF THEM EQUALLY!!

Advertisement