Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread (Target Shooting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sighters from a recent 50m match. Top left was the first shot out of the barrel, then the group in the middle without changing the sights. Wind was fiddly, so I put six or so in that group to make sure I had my adjustments nailed. Looks like it was okay. :Dth_Image010.jpg
    If only the rest of the match went so smoothly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Sighters from a recent 50m match

50m What?

Bananaman wrote: »
    50m What?

ISSF Prone Rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭FLOYDSTER

Bleiker barrel shooting in, 50m at Comber - I hope this is the start of things to come!!;)

I only had 100 rounds of this and this was on my first card!, second group to follow!;)

Bleikergroup1.jpg

2nd Group and probably one of the best I've ever shot!;)

Bleikergroup2.jpg

• Advertisement

Those fives or tens there FLOYDSTER? Either way, stonking shooting. Looks like you like that new gun. IRLConor and Mike will have your arm off at the elbow for it I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Eh, you know those targets are inward gauging Floydster? You don't have to get them all inside the ring to score tens :D

Nicest groups I've ever seen, what ammo was it?

rrpc wrote: »
    Eh, you know those targets are inward gauging Floydster? You don't have to get them all inside the ring to score tens :D

I recall him using Centre-X he got in Germany a while back, might still be on that batch. The Centre-X I'm using is brilliant stuff as well, best ammo I've had so far.

Those fives or tens there FLOYDSTER? Either way, stonking shooting. Looks like you like that new gun. IRLConor and Mike will have your arm off at the elbow for it I'd say.

LOL!! , only 5 shot groups outdoors today from the shoulder prone, although outdoors at Comber I'd be happy with 5x 10.1's :D

FLOYDSTER wrote: »
    LOL!! , only 5 shot groups outdoors today from the shoulder prone, although outdoors at Comber I'd be happy with 5x 10.1's :D

Never met a ten yet that I didn't like. ;) If you want a real challenge, come to Fermoy next week. Tricky range, but very nice indeed.

• Advertisement

It was actually with a batch of 500 Tenex I picked up earlier in the year and tried in the Feinwerkbau!;), only had 100 left which I finished off today!:(
    I recall him using Centre-X he got in Germany a while back, might still be on that batch. The Centre-X I'm using is brilliant stuff as well, best ammo I've had so far.

The Lapua is a little tight (headspace wise) in the Bleiker so when I get some ££ saved I'll order another bolt from Bleiker that suits the thicker headspace1

I will have 2000 centre-x for sale if anyone is interested!;)

Never met a ten yet that I didn't like. ;) If you want a real challenge, come to Fermoy next week. Tricky range, but very nice indeed.

I was talking about this earlier this evening and really am going to try and get down!!
    It is a trek for me and might have to travel down the night before as I have never shot at Fermoy and really wanted to!

Just need to find some ammo now!;)

FLOYDSTER wrote: »
    It was actually with a batch of 500 Tenex I picked up earlier in the year and tried in the Feinwerkbau!;), only had 100 left which I finished off today!:(

The Lapua is a little tight (headspace wise) in the Bleiker so when I get some ££ saved I'll order another bolt from Bleiker that suits the thicker headspace1

I will have 2000 centre-x for sale if anyone is interested!;)

Might have a group buy on that Lapua when the time comes. Few of us using that fairly exclusively at the moment. Best stuff I've found, and at a fairly civilised price. The two grades of Lapua above it are megabucks, and unless they want to offer me sponsorship, I think I'll stick with ammo I can afford.

Yeah I know what you mean!!, that X-Act is extortionate!!:eek:, the center-x is great stuff and very much value for money!;)

I need to buy a few rounds of different batches and try them this week so that I have something to shoot before I get some batch-testing done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭happyjack

Rovi wrote: »
    <snip vaguely disturbing image of Sparks' bondage equipment collection>

I always suspected there was something weird about target shooters :D

Everybody knows that REAL shooters dress like this-
    finished4large.gif

or if you want to look particularly stylish-
    ghillie7.jpg

:D:D:D

Yeti! In Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Me beating Vaclav Haman in air rifle by 0.1 point :D
    (Haman is the 5th best air rifle shot in the world right now)

sany0010a.jpg

Yes, it's only one shot! Feck off :D

Setting up to shoot on the noptel trainer:

sany0020a.jpg

The noptel sensor:

sany0030a.jpg

The noptel trainer output for a good shot:

noptel.png

Shooting air rifle as seen from above:

dsc06089a.jpg

The training range in Kuortane:

dscf5582a.jpg

Something Jozef Gonci pointed out: the boreline on the anschutz air rifle and the line of the buttplate don't line up like they should. Boo!

sany0022b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote: »
    Something Jozef Gonci pointed out: the boreline on the anschutz air rifle and the line of the buttplate don't line up like they should. Boo!
    Should that be a problem on an air rifle? There's hardly enough recoil to make it an issue surely.

• Advertisement

Should that be a problem on an air rifle? There's hardly enough recoil to make it an issue surely.
    It's not about recoil, it's about position - the buttplate in that position is pushing the stock into your chest at the right shoulder, preventing a more in-line position. And the further away from in-line the rifle is, the worse the sway problem is.

dscf5649a.jpg

Ever think you had a cant problem? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Well done sparks. what kind of weight is that rifle?

Around about 5kg boc. The ISSF limit for air rifle is 5.5kg IIRC, so I may be adding a few hundred grams to it soon (ordered the weights last night).

Around about 5kg boc. The ISSF limit for air rifle is 5.5kg IIRC, so I may be adding a few hundred grams to it soon (ordered the weights last night).

Sticking weights in the cheekpiece or up front? Coronal has a few in his cheekpiece as I recall and I really like the balance of his rifle.

On the stock just behind where the cheekpiece plugs into the stock:

dscf5646c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Mr Mole

Good gad Sparks, someone put a horrible sticker from a dreaded Anchutz on your Glock!:D

What? No! The cads!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Ever think you had a cant problem? :D

Although I know nothing about rifle shooting, I thought your set up had a serious cant. It obviously suits you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Finally got my rifle set up.

Its a Savage F/TR in.308 calibre. It has a Nightforce 8-32X56 Benchrest model scope with target Mil-dot reticle. It sits in 30mm Nightforce rings on a Warne 20 moa picatinny rail. The rifle rests on a sinclair F-Class Bipod and Protektor rear rest which i mounted on a homemade timber base with adjustable and retractable legs.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement