Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread (Target Shooting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Fine looking rifle there Ezridax, love the colour/finish of the stock:cool:

Best of luck with it, did you manage to get out over the weekend?

What are the three dots on the top of the cheek piece of the stock for?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I did. Just firing some shots at 100yds to break her in. 5 shot group measuring .44 inches (11-12mm) at the 100yds. Freezing cold which i think had a slight effect, but i'm going over either Thursday or Saturday and doing some 600yd shooting. Using HPS 155gr ammo. Far better than Lapua 167gr Scenars. Thats saying something because i think the Lapua are one of if not the best out of the box target round you can buy.

The three dots on top of the butt stock are for the cheek piece riser. I just don't have it screwed on as my shooting position when at the bench for 100yds is different to my prone position when shooting 600yds. The cheek piece riser came with the rifle, as did the harris/Sinclair Bipod adaptor, a breach lock (will explain later) some tools and a target from Savage. They want you to shoot the target at any distance, 5 shots and post the target back to them. So i'll do that on the weekend, weather depening (trying to show of a bit).

Thanks for the praise.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,040 ✭✭✭clivej

ezridax fine target kit there. I have shot those Savage F/TR a couple of times and they do shoot well. It's next on my many need to get list.

All the best and many hours of shooting with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

nice looking rifle there ezridax, but what for you have this level thing mounted on your scope permanently? :confused:
    btw mind if i ask you where did you get it? i thinking about one Nightforce too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Nice anti cant level mate;)
    Nice rig too buddy......
    Will catch up at the range once my new toy is built...

• Advertisement

sharky0922 wrote: »
    nice looking rifle there ezridax, but what for you have this level thing mounted on your scope permanently? :confused:

Thanks. Do not keep the scope level on permanently. I only used it to check the scope was 100% level in relation to the rifle. I only got it the other day so had the rifle set up already. Put it on to check the scope and took the picture with it still on. The picatinny rifle level remains on permanently though. Helps counter act cant.
    btw mind if i ask you where did you get it? i thinking about one Nightforce too :rolleyes:

Got it shipped in from England. I bought a load of sterling a while back when the exchange rate was good. Was keeping it for a time when i needed it most and this was that time. The scope here was going to take 6 weeks minimum to get and cost around €1300+. I got it from England for £1030 (€1150) and delivery was made in 4 days.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

dwighet wrote: »
    Nice anti cant level mate;)

Yeah its a gem. Got it off this sound lad on here actually. :D

Nice rig too buddy......

Cheers lad.
    Will catch up at the range once my new toy is built...

Will do. What ya got cooking?

ezridax wrote: »
    Yeah its a gem. Got it off this sound lad on here actually. :D

Cheers lad.

Will do. What ya got cooking?
    300 win mag:eek:
    cant wait for the new shoulder reconstuction!!!!!
    26 inch sheilen barrel
    rem 700 trued action
    jewell trigger
    hs presision stock
    muzzle break
    ase ultra jet mod
    nxs 8-32x56
    third eye tactical 20 moa rail and rings...

its my midlife crisis solution.......

As solutions go thats a good one. Which HS stock did you go for?

ezridax wrote: »
    As solutions go thats a good one. Which HS stock did you go for?

this one.

Fingers crossed i`ll have by the end of the month

• Advertisement

Nice one. Must get a look at the finished article when you get it all set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

ezridax what would it cost to put a kit like yours together, I like the front rest ideal for long range varmint I'd say.

Sikamick

For the rifle and all accessories (scope, mounts, rings, rail, Bipod) approx. €3300.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭vixdname

Hi all,
    This is my first posting so I'm just saying hello and posting a pic of my Remington 700 .223 rifle with an Accuracy International Stock, a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15X50 scope and Harris Bipod.
    You cant see the barrell end but it ready to fit a muzzle break \ suppressor etc.
    Is there anyone else here that has similar \ same firearm ?

Welcome to the mad house please leave your brain at the door and thats a fine looking rifle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

STA73444.jpg

CZ 452 Varmint, "Brookes" Trigger Kit installed, Muzzle Break, Synthetic Stock & Simmons 6-20 x 44 Scope

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

that an AI clone bunny?

Ya, it closely resembles an AI stock alright. Got it from John Greene and it's the bees knees :D

Ya, it closely resembles an AI stock alright. Got it from John Greene and it's the bees knees :D

Looks interesting. It's a nice stock design for position shooting.

Looks interesting.

It is :D

It's a nice stock design for position shooting.

Tried it standing, prone and kneeling and all I can say is I'm impressed makes getting a consistent and comfortable position very easy :D

The bunnies won't know what hit 'em this year :cool:

• Advertisement

Nice one. Never get out enough after bunnies. Feel free to send any spares my way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

oooh that's nice, bunnyshooter!
    Where did you source the stock? From John G. or yourself?

You've just got me thinking.....maybe I won't sell the CZ452 after all.....it just needs some more pimping:D

Love to hear ALL the details - So PM if you want. Thanks. dC

Thanks

John Greene. They retail for €380

Lovely stock I'm well chuffed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭vixdname

Thats a great stock Bunnyshooter, very nice !!!

bunny, does the stock improve the CZ, or is it more cosmetic (although I'd imagine it's much nicer and easier to hold on target)?

Is it action-bedded and barrel free-floated?

Already have the rimfiremagic trigger kit to fit soon and would be definitely interested in something like the work you've done - but a €380 stock on a €450 - 500 rifle might be a bit on the highside for me at the mo. But if it does the bizz, I just might be able to persuade myself!;)

CZ 452 Varmint, "Brookes" Trigger Kit installed, Muzzle Break, Synthetic Stock & Simmons 6-20 x 44 Scope

BS I was looking at that stock a while back Iin JG's shop.
    Good looking piece of kit. You just have to learn to shoot it now :p

And there could be a good 22lr competition to try it out at coming up soon nod nod wink wink.

dCorbus wrote: »
    bunny, does the stock improve the CZ, or is it more cosmetic (although I'd imagine it's much nicer and easier to hold on target)?

Already have the rimfiremagic trigger kit to fit soon and would be definitely interested in something like the work you've done - but a €380 stock on a €450 - 500 rifle might be a bit on the highside for me at the mo. But if it does the bizz, I just might be able to persuade myself!;)

have the rimfiremagic trigger kit to fit soon

Is that the new trigger sear kit from them. And any trouble in getting them to ship it to you????

I have the Varmint which is a bit heavier than the Lux, Silouhette or Style.

This stock is slightly heavier but it balances well :D The pistol grip gives a very comfortable grip and a nice shooting position :D

The barrel is seriously free floated. The action isn't bedded but I don't think you need to bed rimfires though. This rilfe is seriously accurate so hopefully that hasn't changed.

Clive, I love a challenge ;)

I know the stock is a bit pricet BUT I feel it is worth it I'm really happy with it.

TBH it would have cost me €380 + to trade in against something like a Sako Quad and it wouldn't look as cool or shoot much better :eek:

clivej, it's the trigger spring and sear tube thingy kit.

Didn't get it direct from Rimfiremagic - Tannyoky Guns in Poyntzpass had one when I was last up there, so got it then when I was picking up some other stuff. AFAIK RFM won't ship to foreign lands, i.e. here, but the stuff is handy enough to get up North and you're not likely to need an import licence for 3 springs and 2 copper tubes, regardless what they're for.

IMHO RFM are shooting themselves in the foot on this one! (Pun intended) and are taking the concept of "firearms components" a wee bit too far. Odd, coz I just got a 20MOA rail for the TRG in from the Sportmans Gun Centre in the UK no bother - and that's a bit more of a firearms component than a spring!

(BTW & FYI Sportsman Gun Centre - Excellent service and lots of nice things and useful things. The lads are great to deal with - e.g. My last order placed & Confirmed on last Wednesday, Package delivered to my door by parcel service on Monday - Brilliant!:D Check em out if you've not tried them: http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/)

Haven't fitted the RFM Trigger Kit yet coz not a dab-hand at the amateur riflesmithing and am terrified I'll banjax the rifle!:eek::o

So offers of help and skilled DIYing gratefully recieved!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

clivej, it's the trigger spring and sear tube thingy kit.

Didn't get it direct from Rimfiremagic - Tannyoky Guns in Poyntzpass had one when I was last up there, so got it then when I was picking up some other stuff. AFAIK RFM won't ship to foreign lands, i.e. here, but the stuff is handy enough to get up North and you're not likely to need an import licence for 3 springs and 2 copper tubes, regardless what they're for.

IMHO RFM are shooting themselves in the foot on this one! (Pun intended) and are taking the concept of "firearms components" a wee bit too far. Odd, coz I just got a 20MOA rail for the TRG in from the Sportmans Gun Centre in the UK no bother - and that's a bit more of a firearms component than a spring!

(BTW & FYI Sportsman Gun Centre - Excellent service and lots of nice things and useful things. The lads are great to deal with - e.g. My last order placed & Confirmed on last Wednesday, Package delivered to my door by parcel service on Monday - Brilliant!:D Check em out if you've not tried them: http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/)

Haven't fitted the RFM Trigger Kit yet coz not a dab-hand at the amateur riflesmithing and am terrified I'll banjax the rifle!:eek::o

So offers of help and skilled DIYing gratefully recieved!:rolleyes:

Peice of pissssssss to fit and you will see the difference at the range.

Pity your not nearer to me as I would fit it with you.

Advertisement