Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread (Target Shooting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

clivej wrote: »
    No problem using a semi auto in the compititions was there??????
    no, no problems at all... that guy has since changed to an over+under, but shoots game with the auto, as do a good few of these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ha! It wasn't a fluke!

171078.jpg

Shame it doesn't want to come to matches with me though...

So Matt (my coach) has been trying to work on the mental side of things for the last while rather than technical stuff. And, when I can keep my head from mucking it up, it seems to be going well...

173238.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Peashooter award? Maybe?:D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Petit pois award, maybe, if I can keep that up for 10 shots in a row :D
    Unfortunately, my head does insist on ruining things:

173239.jpg

It's still not horrible, but it's become very obvious that it's the mental game that's causing the problems now, rather than the technical one :(

Which is why we're working on the mental side of things a lot more in WTSC at the moment...

• Advertisement

I used to have a horrible habit of counting the points MISSED after every shot. So if i fired and got a 4 i say thats 74 (out of 75). The next shot would be the same so every time i missed the 5 i would deduct the dropped points from the total possible score.

I soon realised if i got down to say 70 within 10 shots realising i needed 5 perfect shots to hold that 70 that it put undue pessure on me and i usually made a b***s of the shots. Its not easy getting your head on straight but i try take a shot at a time and alomost ignore the score until all shots are fired.

its true though, if your head is not in the game you've lost already.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Ezridax wrote: »
    its true though, if your head is not in the game you've lost already.
    Yup. It's why people like Lanny Bassham make a good living - 'cos right now in Ireland, we can take people from never having seen a rifle to knowing 95% or more of the technical side of things inside of two years (the last few % are things like batch testing and very fine detail in the technical game and you're talking about 4-5 points in a 600 point match at most there). But we're only getting started learning the mental side of coaching really. I'm kindof lucky in that Matt and Geoff have been working with people on that via their NCTC contacts and the shotgun lads have had Kevin working with people on that side of things as well, but our technical coaching ability is well ahead of our mental coaching ability right now and that's the limit some of us are bouncing off (I can think of thirty or so rifle shooters who've been hitting it for the last few years).

It took us ten years to get to this point from having fairly weak rifle coaching skills; hopefully it won't take another ten for the mental coaching skills to be built up!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Sparks wrote: »
    It's why people like Lanny Bassham make a good living

Yup. His books are worth a look/listen. He walked the walk too, so it's not just fluff.

Now, to bring it back on topic (:p), here were my last ten shots today:

173251.jpg

(50m, prone, from the shoulder, iron sights)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Nice one Connor I couldn't even do the yesterday with a scope and a rest :o!!!!

Training hard in UCD Rifle Club last night....

461418903.jpg

Geddit? Training hard?
    I'll get my hat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭FLOYDSTER

We'll get it for you!!:D

A few highlights from 2011, all outdoor 50m!

Gibraltar

2011-03-24133902.jpg

2011-03-26151550.jpg

Dungannon

2011-08-20142622.jpg

2011-07-16133448-1.jpg

Grouping

2011-07-16125638-1.jpg

DunRangetraining2.jpg

DunRangetraining1.jpg

Possible Dungannon range record

DunRangetraining3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Good year of memories there FLOYDSTER! Mine doesn't quite compare but maybe next year there'll be some good photos. ;)

Finally did some pistol shooting again last night while the heater warmed the range from freezing to just chilly :D

188403.jpg

Wasn't bad, but was very wobbly, and then I remembered that someone had been plinking with it last night (yes, that's legal - section 2(4)(d) and I was there at the time watching anyway). So I reset the pistol grip and:

188402.jpg

Much better. These glocks shoot much better when you drop the calibre from 9mm to 4.5mm :D

My AI - AE that I'm hoping to try out at the novice shoot on Saturday week in Midlands...

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

Know the guns up to it ... hope I am!!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I like that ALOT!!! :cool:

The new jacket (thanks Intershoot!) seems to be working...

New PB, even if I'm still irked by eight 9.9's...

189227.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

Where did ya get the stock done fish?? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭clivej

patsat wrote: »
    Where did ya get the stock done fish?? :cool:

+1

And is that a kevlar stock or just a fancy paint job

Hi CJ and Patsat, It's the standard AI stock dipped to look like carbon fiber. Got Ireland Custom Rifle (figgy White) to get it done for me. Lot cheaper than replacing them. He can do it on any stock or on most things.

• Advertisement

Matt Emmons discussing his path to success. Nice little chunk of information and well put forward.

Latest internet meme...

192899.jpg

And what about what you wish you could do ...

Something like this would be nice :D

192901.png

That one's easy! Looks like this, only with six of them in a row.

Photo0064.jpg?t=1329249003

Seems it's a popular meme :D

193021.jpg

Close but no cigar!!:D

599Hanover1.jpg

Now, pull that one out of the bag over in London in a few weeks! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Some of my best groups from the Isle of Man Easter Shoot:

d6404a88826011e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

• Advertisement

So picked up my new barrel last night from Fegal White.

I'm absolutely delighted with the work done, and finish of the barrel. Not least how it compliments the rifle. So here are a few pics.

picture.php?albumid=811&pictureid=12622

picture.php?albumid=811&pictureid=12623
    picture.php?albumid=811&pictureid=12624

picture.php?albumid=811&pictureid=12626
    picture.php?albumid=811&pictureid=12625

Advertisement