Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread (Target Shooting)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Very well done. Nice shooting, and good standard to set.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Your tips and training are starting to pay off so hopefully I keep getting better in the months to come.

Thanks again Ez

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

dev110 wrote: »
    Your tips and training are starting to pay off so hopefully I keep getting better in the months to come.

Thanks again Ez

Don't worry. Only a matter of time before you buy a smallbore rifle and fall into the prone/3p trap anyway. :p

I do have space for a nice .22 so time will tell :D

Don't listen to them dev110. They'll tempt ya with shiny guns, and fancy suits;

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

It is the shiny guns that is drawing me :D:D:D

It is the shiny guns that is drawing me :D:D:D

Many's the sucker has fallen for that one! Conor's rifle has certainly snagged quite a few people! That and the electronic targets. Those are pretty awesome too.

Conor's rifle has certainly snagged quite a few people!
    He tried to rope me in to with his promise of shiny Bleiker rifles, and such. However one addiction is enough for now.
    That and the electronic targets. Those are pretty awesome too.
    That much i have to agree with. Any chance of a loan for a "larger" scale.;):D

Ezridax wrote: »
    He tried to rope me in to with his promise of shiny Bleiker rifles, and such. However one addiction is enough for now.

That much i have to agree with. Any chance of a loan for a "larger" scale.;):D

I can't say we can loan anything. However, I believe several manufacturers, including Kongsberg, make models for long range stuff, out to at least 1000 yards. Could be worth investigating at least. As far as I recall, the long range setups use a fairly neat wireless setup, with the monitor as part of the computer that runs everything off a power source at the firing point.

I've been training a couple of sessions last week now using a Megalink target run directly off a laptop (or, in this case, a tiny netbook, so even more neat and convenient!) and it's absolutely brilliant. Hang up the unit, run the cable back, plug in, turn on the computer and go. No need for scopes (or in your case, butts crew), feedback is instantaneous and accurate. No guessing or hoping that that squeaky shot might gauge in. 9.9s are 9s and 10.0s are 10s! Very clear, very fair, very neat. If a sports council grant fell in my lap tomorrow I'd invest in a personal one of those and an electronic trainer I reckon.

Not every day out ends in one of these, so I'm going to have a grin for the one that does. :D

Photo0096.jpg

• Advertisement

Shiny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Hi ,IWNM,fine cup .
    What was the competition ?

tomcat220t wrote: »
    Hi ,IWNM,fine cup .
    What was the competition ?

KG Walsh memorial shoot. It's a very nice trophy alright. Very pleased to get my name added to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

KG Walsh memorial shoot. It's a very nice trophy alright. Very pleased to get my name added to it.
    Hi IWM,you should be pleased ,well done .
    Was that .22lr shooting ?
    Fill us in .
    Regards ,Tomcat.

tomcat220t wrote: »
    Hi IWM,you should be pleased ,well done .
    Was that .22lr shooting ?
    Fill us in .
    Regards ,Tomcat.

Aye, 50m prone rifle.

Testing new ammo today up in Dungannon. Hmm, may have to look into a wee bit more of that!

Photo0107.jpg?t=1350771841

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

A nice string in my morning training match:

A8TTRIoCAAA9-Fe.jpg

It's my first 100 with 10 inner tens to the best of my knowledge (it can be hard to tell on paper). Only 0.9 less than the test group that came with the rifle and that was shot from a vice. :)

The score for the whole training match was 592 with 45 inner tens. Strings were: 98 (103.1) 100 (105.0) 98 (102.2) 99 (104.3) 100 (106.2) 97 (104.1). Not bad for a match shot before breakfast. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sweet :D

A new PB in my morning training match. :)

598_2.jpg

(Click to zoom)

Now that's a lovely sweet score :)

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    Now that's a lovely sweet score :)

Range record too. Going to have to set it at 600 next. (Old money, but any decimal benchmark is going to sound a bit flat)

That is some serious shooting!
    Are you planning on entering any of the big ISSF comps next year?

Are you planning on entering any of the big ISSF comps next year?

If I qualify, yes.

What do you have to do to qualify?

The short version is that I have to shoot a particular score at a qualification match. The actual score varies depending on the event I'd be trying to qualify for. For example, to get to go to the World Cup in Munich next year I'd probably have to shoot a minimum of 592 at a match some time very early in the new year.

Good question Dev! As of last year, the qualification score was 590 for international competitions, but there'll need to be a shoot run for Conor to qualify now. We'll probably run some ourselves in the new year, but the NTSA was to re-examine qualification criteria for the new Olympic cycle, so we'll have to see how that comes out now before we know what he has to do. as is though, he stands a really good chance of getting whatever's going. :)

That seems doable from the scores you are producing Conor :cool:

Give us an idea how things have improved from this time last year. I remember freezing your ass off last January in the Midlands so how has your score increased in nearly a year and how many rounds have you shot?

how many rounds have you shot?
    *heh* This should be fun :D

That seems doable from the scores you are producing Conor :cool:

It is, but it's a little closer than you think. The scores above are indoor scores, and the qualifications and matches are outdoors.

This Sunday just gone I was shooting around the 590 mark so I'm roughly on the right track but there's still plenty of room for improvement.
    Give us an idea how things have improved from this time last year. I remember freezing your ass off last January in the Midlands so how has your score increased in nearly a year

Most of the improvement is due to an increase in training and the fact that I now have access to a coach.
    and how many rounds have you shot?

Give or take, maybe about 5,000 rounds. That said, I've shot about 400 rounds in the last 10 days so at my current pace of shooting I'll probably average more than 10,000 rounds in 2013.

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    *heh* This should be fun :D

Hehe, yep. Good shooters crawl out of piles of brass!

Actually, Conor, have you noticed much benefit from the SCATT?

Advertisement