Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40K RPG - Players Chatroom

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Grenades and laspistols please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Pictures!

Here's a pic of your basic Tau grunt... Here's another one...

And Here's a pic of a Tau gundrone.

Grenades added, thanks for spotting it...

Ah, there we go. Trays bean

Right, my last post was based on 2 things:

Those grenades the Goa'uld had that were sperical, and you describing the service tunnels as ala star trek

These assumptions in hand, I took an empty pepsi can, one of many which adorns my dek, and progressed to the kitchen. I began to measure items against my forearm, which I know is roughly a foot, and eventually found a spoon which matched it in length. Henceforth, I measured 20 spoon-widths across the floor. I stood at one end of this distance and gently rolled the pepsi can. Much trial and error took plase, with it hitting cupboards, chairs, tables and family pets. But eventually, I managed to make it roll 20 feet. At the speed I had imagined, this took roughly 20 seconds. So Raph is trying to roll his grenade to stop beneath the droids

And if there's a border collie on that ship...may god have mercy on us all

• Advertisement

Happy new year everyone!

We'll see about that...

Uh oh....

Sarky, is the laspistol just a lasrifle with a slower rate of fire? Or what?

/me consults Sarky's Bumper Book o' Rules And Stuff...

Damage: 1d6
    Rate of fire: 4
    Accuracy bonus for aiming: +7
    Shots: 50

Half as powerful, but still has the same rules for sustained fire, so quite a punch.

I forgot something really important about laser weapons, I'm afraid. There are two power settings. The first does the damage listed here. The second does double damage, but uses 5 shots of ammo (yes, 5). So laser weapons are really, really powerful when they have to be.

And in case you didn't realise, your HT stat = Hit points. Which means most of you have less than 12. Really, I meant it when I said don't get shot... :)

• Advertisement

Btw Do you have a copy of my char sheet? I accidentaly deleted it while clearing out my inbox...

Yeah, I'm an idiot ^^;

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

hELLO!!! i'M EXPECTING TO SEE SOME TUMBLEWEEDS AROUND THESE THREADS SOON. COME ON GUYS LETS GO KICK SOME ASS

Umm...capslock dude. We're waiting for Zounds to post, can't do nothing till then

I know man I'm just kiddin around. Yeah and sorry for the caps lock was typing that while talking to a customer and wasn't looking at the screen. heh heh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Raphael wrote:
    Umm...capslock dude. We're waiting for Zounds to post, can't do nothing till then

Maybe he is on holidays and cannot post because where he/she is on holiday they don't have no internet connections.

Yeah thats probably it. Hope he gets back soon I was really starting to enjoy the game.

How about letting him skip this turn since we (probably) finished off these drones anyway?

And it's not that likely that he'll charge in with a chainsword after everyone else has let fly with bolter and flamer

Fair enough. If he doesn't post soon, I'll pop him into the narrative bit. Sorry Zounds, but the mob has spoken. I'll make it up to you later. :)

And thank you very much, Thegogz. Nice to know you're having fun. :)

Oh, I'd like your thoughts on the combat. I'm not sure about its current form, and I'd like your thoughts in order to smooth out any creases in it. I kinda messed up there with the "two turns" thing, and incorporated both into one post. I'll try not to do it again, sorry to anyone who had planned things diffrently. You made very short work of the drones in any case, if it's any consolation...

• Advertisement

Is this game dying?

I dunno.... Are we just waiting for the new turn?

Raphael wrote:
    I dunno.... Are we just waiting for the new turn?

New turn is up since Tuesday but only Lemming (Arkerius) replied. I tend to wait up for some other replies before I post since I am the RPG-newbie.

BTW: I am not complaining, I really enjoy this RPG-stuff :)

I've been fookin' wrecked the last couple of days (Mental note- 6 hours of sleep over three days = PAIN.), so I've not been able to be around all that much.

That was a bit of a poor turn I put up, I'll admit. But the combat results had to go somewhere, and I kinda skimped on actual story progression (for everyone except Arkerius, he rather experienced a lot in that machine. But unfortunately, it was for him, and he probably won't relate much besides the important facts...). Raph and Argeus won't get anything interesting to do this turn, unless the other team sends the investigators down your tunnel and you lay some traps for them. It really all depends on what Arkerius, Vollbart, and Dominicus decide this time. I'd recommend you not post actions until you see what they're up to, just in case. If they don't send action your way, you have a turn of moving through the tunnels and ducts, alone with your thoughts and eachother. No funny business...

Oh, missed that. Been busy this week though, tend to spend about 2 hours at home each day \o/

qwertz wrote:
    BTW: I am not complaining, I really enjoy this RPG-stuff :)

It's comments like that that make you glad you did a combination of working ridiculous hours on writing plot, rules, statistics, and descriptions, and more than occasionally pulling it all out of your ass because the players have done something unexpected again! :)

Sarky wrote:
    It's comments like that that make you glad you did a combination of working ridiculous hours on writing plot, rules, statistics, and descriptions, and more than occasionally pulling it all out of your ass because the players have done something unexpected again! :)

I lost you here. Explain, keeping in mind that I am a bloody foreigner.

I meant "Thank you." :)

I could have just said it, but I thought my way was more fun...

Sarky wrote:
    I meant "Thank you." :)

I could have just said it, but I thought my way was more fun...

Then I did understand you right. Just wanted to make sure.

BTW: You are welcome. Now go and post another turn :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Come on guys .... I posted last turn both in the game turn and COM channels - waiting on you lot getting yer arses in gear and engaging :p

Advertisement