Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40K RPG - Players Chatroom

Options
  • 14-12-2004 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

Let the fun and games begin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

W00t! First post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Raphael wrote:
    W00t! First post!

damn beat me to it ..... hang on a sec ........ :D

No abusing mod powers, it's entirely unsociable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

GO PLANET!!!!! wait sorry hang on a sec thats my day job!! :)

i wouldnt dream of it. and i was actually the thread starter your the first person to post on the thread so you get first post rights :D

Whee!

Shame they're utterly uselesss....I'm off to to my TD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

I'm here for much gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I am here to shoot you bastards in the back as soon as I get the chance :) Bloody penal legion soldiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I must apologise for my tardiness, I've been rather busy with stuff and things... And stuff.

I'll start off nice and easy, so you can all get a feel for your characters, and because I must organise playing times. I'm available most evenings on weekdays until 10pm, and either 8am-8pm or vice versa at weekends, so I can run turns pretty much when it's convenient for most of you. I'm aiming for two main upsdates a week, although it can certainly go faster if you so wish. The times I'm thinking of are between 5-8 on Mondays and wednesdays, and on weekends if requested. If anyone has any major problems with this, contact me.

First (introductory) turn is up. I'll be around the weekend until 8pm if y'all want a go then, too, and then we'll start into the above timeslots? Nontheless, if everybody's posted their turn, I'll move it along whatever day it is.

Oh yes, equipment.

At this point you have your clothes and armour (It's not incredibly thick, so DON'T go thinking you're a tank!), and any personal items you'd like, be they be lucky charms, Imperial prayerbooks, or something else entirely. No weapons, because you've been on a prison ship for the last two months. You'll get to the armoury soon enough, where there'll be a couple of options.

(I can find Warhammer models depicting these weapons if anyone wants to see how they look...)

Everyone can take a lasrifle (Typical standard issue jobbie)
    There'll be a couple of flamethrowers (I SERIOUSLY recommend against taking one if you don't have the skill!)
    There'll be a heavy bolter (Big machine gun with aiming tripod, fires armour piercing mini-rockets that explode AFTER penetrating, really quite nasty)
    There'll be a rocket launcher (Really powerful, scarce ammo, and will leave the bearer more vulnerable...)

That's all you're trusted with at the moment. Of course, if you do really well, I might make a few more weapons available to ye... :)

I'll post there in avout an hour...hopefully

2 thing, would it be possible to have a zippo or zippoesque contraption? And also, in the way of weapons, can i get my hands on a boltpistol? pwease?

• Advertisement

Everyone can have ciggies, and something to light them with. It's not a big thing. Don't get carried away, Raphael. :). Same goes for a small dagger/knife, or small bottle of alcohol, or whatever. Anything not directly important is fine. They might even come in handy later, but only if you think about it. The religious freak (Zounds, I believe?) MUST have a pack of Emperor's Tarot cards. They're significant (some say the Emperor's will works through the cards, predicting the future (Vaguely, it must be said)) They can also be used for games of chance... :)

And no bolt pistols, at least not yet. Bolter weapons are really, really nasty. They're very controlled. Maybe you can manage to steal one or earn one later, but not right now. Count yourselves lucky to have a heavy bolter available to the squad!

Oh, and highly important: You all get communication gear (Variously called vox-links, vox-beads, and all manner of other names) in the helmets (or built into your skull, if you prefer!) so all members of the squad can keep in touch within a certain distance. The comms trooper will have a long range transmitter for orders to/from higher ranks.

First post made. In the way of equipment, Raph will have a lighter, but nein siggies. He's got his little canister of stims, probably nicked, to be addicted to. I think I'm the comms guy, what would that long range transmitter be like. Oh, and would I have any demolition based weapons? (Grenade launcher, bombs, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

any chance of Argues getting his hands on a chainsword?

It's slightly larger than a briefcase. It has a backstrap for when you need both hands. It's worn black, with brass panelling. It looks kinda arcane, and quite old, too. You don't understand HOW it works (only the Adeptus Mechanicus techpriests would know, and they'll never tell!), you just know what it does and how to use it.

Yes, chainswords for all, if desired! And as others may have noticed, that boy Argeus "ain't quite right"... :)

Demolitions-wise, you'll have access to (not all the time, and only so many) some hefty weapons. Mines (actually very small and efficient), tripwires, explosives, maybe the odd thermal charge (practically a localised nuke...) You can take a few extra grenades, and I'll talk to you about altering your character a little (Silly me, leaving things out).

Sarky wrote:
    Yes, chainswords for all, if desired. :)

Excellent :D

how about giving good ole Vollbart a sniper rifle?

But of course. Special equipment for special people. :)

We seem to be missing our heavy weapons man. TO quote Drizzt Do'Urden: "It is entirely unsociable"

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

Raphael wrote:
    We seem to be missing our heavy weapons man. TO quote Drizzt Do'Urden: "It is entirely unsociable"

He is here and he's not very sociable I prefer to shoot things untill they explode not talk about it

We appear to have another player in the form of Lemming. Everybody smile and say "Hello, Lemming!"

Check your PMs, I need a couple of details off you...

Another turn shall be up soon enough.

• Advertisement

Whats lemmings skills and whatnot? Or do we treat him as a new recruit to the chancers

Whoops, wrong thread. Anyway...

You've all served in different squads until now, and know eachother by reputation only.

Raphael you know is actually a fairly good soldier, but has a history of pyromania.

Vollbart is known as a loner and an excellent marksman, rumoured to once have been a mercenary assassin. There's something about an Inquisitor, too, but bringing that up makes him very angry...

Thegogz (I really need a name sometime!) is a big guy, likes his heavy weapons, and knows about the arcane science of medicine

Argeus Roe is a very, VERY devout preacher, and loves fire almost as much as Raphael. One or two rumours reached you all that he used to be a Redemptionist...

Arkerius (I'm interpreting from your backstory here, Lemming) has all the signs and implants of once being a member of the Adeptus Mechanicus, the tech priests of the Machine Cult, although the couple of stories you've heard since he joined the Last Chancers suggests he can be a bit more primitive and bloodthirsty than most followers of the Omnissiah...

This is really all you know about eachother right now. Lemming just joined the game, I'm working on his character right now. The skills that seem appropriate include mechanics and close combat...

Sarky wrote:
    One or two rumours reached you all that he used to be a Redemptionist...
    plus there's the fact that he dresses, acts and talks like one...

But that's only obvious now you've all met face to face. :)

ah, touché

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Sarky wrote:
    Arkerius (I'm interpreting from your backstory here, Lemming) has all the signs and implants of once being a member of the Adeptus Mechanicus, the tech priests of the Machine Cult, although the couple of stories you've heard since he joined the Last Chancers suggests he can be a bit more primitive and bloodthirsty than most followers of the Omnissiah...

Just to clarify, basically the character signed up for the Imp.Guard as a kind of "Engineer" - mechanicus trained/certified etc. (I recall the term in the graphic series "Lone Wolves" was 'tech-smart'). He's actually quite smart (albeit no einstein either). I'm not sure if Sarky wants me to give away the details of the background I wrote for the character, or how much of those details?

Ah, good, I actually have a similar character written up, I can modify him easily enough to fit your wishes. Expect something in your PMs in a day or two.

Whatever details you wish to give the others is completely up to you. :)

Everyone ok with how Raph described their characters by the ways?

Raphael wrote:

I'm delighted, at any rate. You'll get along SO well... :D

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:

I am totally opposed to this particular description of the character.

Advertisement