Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40K RPG - Players Chatroom

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'll edit to comment on the loner aspect if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Raphael wrote:
    I'll edit to comment on the loner aspect if you like?

I am also totally opposed to you editing any of your posts.

I hope you all realize that I am just kidding around.

Ah!

Gotcha!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

Sorry for the lack of detail on my character so far. He's the big strong silent type made for hurting things. Has a tendancy to loose his temper if people "hurt his feelings." Also has a decent knowlege of medicine.

oh, yeah, his name: Dominicus (that'll do) not very good with names.

any questions just ask.

• Advertisement

Guys,

are there body implants in the Warhammer 40k universe? Memory chips, artificial limbs with machine guns or rocket launchers, chameleon skin...

Not by my knowledge. The Imperial guard are just men in flak jackets basically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Yes. Yes there are. But they're very restricted. Imperial Guardsmen would really have to have lost a limb AND be too valuable to lose before getting a bionic replacement. Memory chips would very rarely be seen outside the tech priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus ("Knowledge is power, hide it well" :) ). Chameleon skin is technically possible, but more common is a camo-cloak or some kind of colour-changing armour (the synskin armour of the Imperial Assassins would be a good bet).

I'd wouldn't be very inclined to let you have anything like that at this stage (you should have asked before the start, really, sorry), but if you're really nice and can give me good reason, I might let you add something less conspicuous, like a bionic eye, or something. You'd have to be VERY persuasive though. Currently the only player with a reason to have bionics would be Lemming...

Of course, who's to say you won't end up with implants anyway, if you play long enough? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Raphael wrote:
    Everyone ok with how Raph described their characters by the ways?
    do they have spanish in the 41st millenium?

Padre is a general military term for the chaplain. I'm improvising

So, is Arkerius the commander then? Someone needs to be, and I wouldn't trust myself to do it. I'd be inclined to set you all on fire for the hell of it

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    Padre is a general military term for the chaplain. I'm improvising

hmmm, I'm still not sure, as far as i had been informed in the 41st millenium there is only war, no spanish

Whoever steps up to it (or everyone else steps back from!) is in charge. I'm assuming you'll sort it out yourselves, one way or another... :)

I just read all your actions for the last turn. I laughed heartily. You guys are really throwing yourselves into it, I'm really enjoying this! :D

just how much danger are we in from the thing exploding?

THAT, I am afraid, would be telling. :)

Your characters should certainly feel that being nearly completely exposed to a localised nuclear reaction would be a Bad Thing. Of course, they mightn't, due to bravery/stupidity/another personality being worried. But they still should. :)

C'mon, now, it wouldn't be much fun if there was no way out of being vapourised this early, would it?

Argeus definitly found it a bit stressful

Why don't we just play another couple of rounds to get to know each other a bit better? Then it would be easier to decide on a leader, maybe even elect one. What do you guys think about that?

SUre. the real question is, do we open the door the right way....or my way

i think it's better jsut to let a natural leader emerge, if there is any difficulty it can be sorted out here

Zounds wrote:
    i think it's better jsut to let a natural leader emerge, if there is any difficulty it can be sorted out here

Agreed.

• Advertisement

Important!

Something just came up in PMs with Qwertz and Raph (See? I can have nicknames for nicknames too. :) )

I'll repeat it here for the rest of you.

Whoever posts goes through with the actions in that post. This means you'll have to talk to eachother sometimes to avoid having two or more people doing the same thing oblivious to eachother. If that isn't possible, whoever posts FIRST in the game turns thread has the green light, and is the point of reference for the rest of the turn.

Also, I'd like you to ask/tell me first what you're trying to do, because under certain circumstances it might not be possible and you'd waste your turn, maybe even dying in the process. And this isn't Call of Cthulhu, so nobody wants that. :)

I hope this makes sense to everyone... You CANNOT combine someone else's actions with your own, unless they posted before you and either ASKED for assistance, or OFFERED assistance in that post. You can't say "I do X while he does Y" unless someone already said "I'll offer to do X or Y if someone helps". You could post "I do X and ask someone to do Y", and then the second poster could combine the two actions.

Er. That's probably not very clear, but I can't think of a better way to put it...

Right. Pre Christmas drinkies with siblings calls me, must dash. I'll try to get to this game at least once a day, and update as necessary. Have fun!

Look at my last post and (hopefully) it will make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

That all sounds good to me.

Yup

We'll just see if Sarky lets you open it, or if we have to resort to more....explosive means

He better, otherwise we have to try out our toys on our most beloved game master :)

/me rolls his Being the GM save...

Oh look at that. A critical success. Despite this being Warhammer 40,000, nevertheless a dragon appears and eats you all...

But that fancy dragon of yours didn't chew us up properly so we use our weapons to cut open his belly and escape.

Now you better watch your back down there in Galway...

Just out of curiosity, what's you crazy lunatics age, background...

From a PM
    One or two posts per turn?

Generally one, although I might let you make a second one if you ask nicely, and have a good reason for it.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    /me rolls his Being the GM save...

Oh look at that. A critical success. Despite this being Warhammer 40,000, nevertheless a dragon appears and eats you all...
    This reminds me soooo much of a conversation i once had while playing D&D, which went more or less like this:

DM(Me): You're dead
    Player(Raph): oh, yeah? well i hit you for *rolls ALL of the dice and adds it up* 88 damage
    DM: I roll my being the DM save; *rolls a d4*and a dragon eats you.
    Player: I roll my owning the rulebook save *rolls d4* the dragon turns into a hamster
    DM: *discretely rolls d20* The hamster eats you.
    Player: damn...

Advertisement