Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40K RPG - Players Chatroom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

Raph and Zounds why have you not posted your turns yet are ye plannin somethin???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

We want to wait until the three of ye have so as to keep the 2 groups together. Well, Zounds does. I just need to post after Zounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

No sign of Zounds, it seems. Id normally take a player's turn for him if he didn't show up, but Itzacon is in 3 days and I'm just too damn busy to come up with a new turn now. "After the con!" has become something of a motto in Galway at the moment.

If, a couple of days after the con (you see? :) ), he hasn't posted, I'll take his turn for him.

Zounds is waiting for qwertz Sarky. I'm in touch with him over AIM

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Raphael wrote:
    Zounds is waiting for qwertz Sarky. I'm in touch with him over AIM
    yes, that is what i am doing, thought it'd be neater if the three of them posted then the two of us but i can post now if you prefer

• Advertisement

After The Con!

:)

I'm all alone nobody here :(

I'm still here. Zounds isn't so much though. Atm he's having house problems, in that not all of it is there...

some of his house is missing. That sucks. Damn Houses trying to escape like that.

Shall we wait for him then?

• Advertisement

Well, we ARE still waiting for qwertz, aren't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I think I will pass on this turn. The two intruders will be taken care of by my two teammates anyway. And I am a bit pissed off aswell atm :(

Dude, that is not on. You can't just disappear like that in the middle of the game. Sarky posted the last turn almost 3 weeks ago, and NOW you post to tell us that we can skip you this turn? That is not fucking on! Me and Zounds have been waiting for you, and the entire RP has ground to a halt waiting for you.

No offence but did anybody ask you and Zounds to wait? If Sarky has a problem with me not posting then surely he will tell me. He is the DM after all, not you or Zounds. BTW, just to be very clear about this, I have no intention to start an argument with you or anybody else, I enjoy this game very much.

Fine, fine.

Qwertz sits this one out. Shall we just pretend the sonic grenade knocked him out?

If any remaining players could post, we can see about getting this back on the road again.

/me starts humming that tune like Donkey in Shrek

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

/me whistles

Guys (and girls), I just posted my reply for this turn. Sorry about my bad mood and lack of posting in the past while.

Fair enough. forget my last post. Good to have you back. Now if the Raph and Zounds would be so good as to finish the turn, we might get underway... :)

Need to post after zounds for RPing reasons, but it will be within almost no time at all

Right, new turn up, and both parties are going to get their hands dirty.

Things you can do in melee combat:

Attack: You strike once with whatever's in your hand. No penalties or advantages. You can try with two hands or legs at the same time if you want to try something flashy, but they're generally harder to hit with. Still, if you pull it off, it not only looks cool but does a shedload more damage... :D

All out attack: You throw caution to the wind, and lay straight in. You do more damage, but make yourself an easier target for others. Again, you can try hitting with more than one hand, with a penalty to hit.

You can use any little techniques in your profiles (I'm sure I wrote "Neck snap" on someone's character...). There's nothing stopping you from trying to sweep an opponent's legs, or trying a quick jab to the face to blind, then slicing at the throat with a knife in your other hand. Or, for that matter, waiting until an opponent makes a move, blocking, and counterattacking. Be creative, I'll reward cinematics like I always do (That's one of the reasons you survived so unscathed so far. Believe me, it won't last... :) )

Just make sure you tell me exactly what you're doing. I'll happily help you work something out if you're stuck. A little note in brackets under your usual post with the technical details of what you're up to, or a PM to the same effect, would help immensely.

• Advertisement

http://frink.nuigalway.ie/~sarky/pics/rpg/controlroom.bmp

Here's a little map of the room you're in, because I was asked nicely. :)

hey guys anyone know where zounds has dissapeared to? this game is getting painfully slow

He's stuck on dial up atm, i'll remind him to post when he's online next

Why don't you post for him. You guys seem to make a pretty good team.

I'm not gonna post for someone else, that's intrusive

It was just a thought...

In Zound's absence, I have taken his action in accordance with the rules at the start. I'd have done it sooner if I knew people were eager to get on with it, sorry.

I don't think anybody was giving out. Sometimes it takes a bit longer for whatever reason people might have. Thanks and keep up the good work, oh allknowing Sarky.

Tell me about it, I only have the time to do a full turn now because I pulled night shift for the first time in weeks. :)

• Advertisement

You need to get yourself a "normal", daytime, Monday to Friday, 9-5 job.

Advertisement