Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost [Contains spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

digiman wrote:
    Whats all this about walt knowing stuff about the hatch? I know from previous eps that strange things happen around him. Was this in the latest clip from the next episode? If so does anyone have a link?
    It's kinda like the way Locke has some connection with the island... he keeps going on about what the island wants (ie, telling Charlie if he gave up his heroin the island would give him something back... then he found his guitar)

Walt seems to have a connection with the island too (since things keep being affected when he says/thinks certain things... such as the rain stopping as soon as Michael told him he'd go find his dog when the rain stopped) so it's not unlikely that he just has a bad feeling something will happen when the hatch is opened....

Check basquille's post a few posts back (last page I think) for the clip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

steveland? wrote:
    Walt seems to have a connection with the island too (since things keep being affected when he says/thinks certain things... such as the rain stopping as soon as Michael told him he'd go find his dog when the rain stopped
    ]

theres something interesting i hadnt noticed before

niceone steveland

madrab wrote:
    ]

theres something interesting i hadnt noticed before

niceone steveland
    Yeh, if you go rewatch it you'll notice a whole load of connections between the island and Walt... also Locke but Locke's connection is made more obvious

I had a listen to what
    the person on the radio says to Boone before he dies and it's definitly:

Boone: Can anyone hear me etc... We are the survivors of Flight 815
    Voice: No WE are the survivors of Flight 815...

So now the others know that the people on the island are there but the people on the island don't know the tail section survived

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2725477#post2725477

Support the Lost forum folks... I'd love to see Lost discussed the way Stargate was when that series was on...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

steveland? wrote:
    I had a listen to what
    the person on the radio says to Boone before he dies and it's definitly:

Boone: Can anyone hear me etc... We are the survivors of Flight 815
    Voice: No WE are the survivors of Flight 815...

So now the others know that the people on the island are there but the people on the island don't know the tail section survived
    I don't think they're the survivors who were in the tail. It kind of makes sense, but I can't see them saying "No we are the survivors of Flight 815". Thats the last thing you'd expect them to say. Really, what kind of idiot would say that?

Theres something I can't understand about Lockes connection with the island:
    why did he lose the ability to walk again? Did he do something wrong? I'm talking about when he started to lose them when he found the place. Something just came into my head, did the Island take his ability to walk away from him so he'd live instead of going into the plane and getting killed like Boone?

And good idea for the forum Steveland, we really need one. If we could discuss it episode by episode, we wouldnt have to use the annoying spoiler tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yup... excellent idea steveland?

To show my support, notice my new sig and very poor effort in Paint to go along with it! :D These are the days i wish i'd kept Photoshop installed on my computer.

We need to get this Lost forum up-and-running!

Kazaanova wrote:
    did the Island take his ability to walk away from him so he'd live instead of going into the plane and getting killed like Boone?
    Actually this is a very good point... good thinking...
    We know there are going to be more cast members joining so maybe the person on the other end of the radio couldn't hear Boone and just said the same thing Boone said not knowing that was what he said (that sentence was very invcoherent but how and ever......)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭digiman

A seperate forum would be a really good idea. Especially now that its starting up on rte2 in 2 weeks. Will yous all start watching it again on rte 2? I think I will, get all the lads in the house to start watching it regulary. There is only about 5 people I know that are watching it at the minute and I introduced them all to it, so there will be more people to talk to about it. There will only be 2 eps left by the time it starts on rte 2 aswell, it will be good way of making the wait until september go quicker, until the the 2nd season starts in america

• Advertisement

digiman wrote:
    ..There will only be 2 eps left by the time it starts on rte 2 aswell..

Actually, Season 1 will end for us just 2 days after it starts on Network 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Kazaanova wrote:
    did the Island take his ability to walk away from him so he'd live instead of going into the plane and getting killed like Boone?

Almost certainly. It's one of my favourite theories. We mentioned this when 1x19 aired, and the consensus was that the island wants Locke around.
    I reckon
    more people have to die for the hatch to be open. Rousseau was talking about the hatch itself (or who/whatever's in there) when she said "Il les a tous tués". The light came on when Boone snuffed it, and Walt realises more harm will come to people if they progress towards opening it.

This is pretty sound thinking. Really like this. Someone proposed a few dozen pages back that the hatch and the 'monster' are linked, which is also possible. But Michael falling could well be connected to it, hence Walt's plea - "Don't open that thing!" Maybe the virus is contained inside it. I wonder will the numbers have any bearing on its opening. The Entertainment Weekly article (post a few pages back with its details) suggested we would see Hurley's reaction to the numbers on the side of the hatch. (Didn't see him there in the 1x22 trailer though.)

Rosseau also may know something about the hatch - indeed she may have been responsible for burying it...

basquille wrote:
    Actually, Season 1 will end for us just 2 days after it starts on Network 2.

Yea I know, but the last episode is a double so I guess we are both right!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

I'm putting all this in spoiler text till we get a Lost forum smile.gif
    Either JJ Abrams or Damon Lindelof said in a recent interview that the numbers would be important in the last 10 minutes of the finale. They are what has brought everyone to the island - though we may not find out what they mean till next season.
    I think Boone's death was a sacrifice to test Locke's faith and I agree with the theory about why Locke momentarily lost the ability to walk

I'm really hoping for some big surprises in the finale. My speculation based on spoilers is:
    The raft sets sail. They discover some sort of underwater device/submarine/ship and are taking into this (this ties in with the theory that the woman Joanna did not "drown" as such and also with the idea that Ethan came from the water to kill Scott/Steve). but I also like the idea that they discover a new island or different part of the island - maybe a civilisation?

Claire's baby is taken by The Others (Kristin on eonline has revealed that someone will be taken).

Majority of the remaining crew try to blow open the hatch - there are dire consequences when they get it open - possibly a bigger explosion, a virus or the lostzilla.

The survivors from the tail end of the plane (inc Michelle Rodriguez character Ana) will turn up. They've been a lot more adventurous with their time since crashing and provide more insight into the secrets of the island

I'd love to hear everyone else's finale theories.

digiman wrote:
    Will yous all start watching it again on rte 2?

Don't know if I'd be bothered watching it again - seen most episodes about twice (once for myself, once when I show my younger brother and sister, and some scenes a few times more), so I'll hardly tune in again when it's broadcast - and with horrible ads!

I will, though, watch the first one - hopefully, it's the official final 90-minute pilot. We've had the 90-minute 'Screener' before which has different background music, a different French woman's voice (it's less clear - I think the 'iterations' guy is different as well, no sure), and some scenes shuffled about (none new, though.) The 90-minute official one will also have no cast and crew credits over the scenes with Charlie, Jack and Kate in the jungle/Michael finding the handcuffs, which were there during the start of Part 2.

I'm also keen to see more of RTE's promos for the show, and the O2 sponsorship stings. I'm sure they'll aim for something on the theme of using your phone if you're ever 'lost'.

Same goes for Channel 4/E4 - I'm keen to see how they do their launch promos (should be excellent as they'll include the cast), so I'll be tuning in around then to see how that goes as well.

(Keep an eye on C4/E4 at the time, by the way - I expect there may be a behind-the-scenes special with *cast interviews* around its launch, as there was with Desperate Housewives. We know C4 went out to Oahu to film material with the cast, so they'll hopefully have done interviews for a special. And, of course, those C4 promos where celebs are asked questions and it's all edited together - that's likely to include some Lost cast members from August on as well.

The ads will be really annoying alright. Is it possible to get the original version anywhere, from a certain flying bird? I never knew there was a different version. Why did they go back and change it?

Has anyone seen an ad on e4/c4 for lost yet? According to a forum on skyone someone has seen it already.

http://www.skyone.co.uk/SKYONEFORUM/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=23719

If this is true they must intend airing it earlier than we first though

Doubt the first one is available from the coup any more. It was originally released around this time last year under the title "Lost ABC SCREENER". This is what was used by Touchstone to sell the programme to overseas stations (Ch4 bought it on this basis, after viewing it and the Desperate Housewives screener. The DH screener even had a different cast for many key roles!)

But the Lost screener is not really that different at all, bar some music which looks like it came from stock material. They would have changed that because it wouldn't have been possible to legally broadcast it without the stock music rights. They probably just didn't spend money hiring a composer for a test pilot. When it was commissioned into a series, they hired a music guy and did new stuff. They probably redid Rosseau's transmission to include lines about the "Black Rock" and similar pointers. But the end "They're dead... it killed them..." lines are the same. Reshuffling scenes was probably to quicken the pace, or to give longer scenes priority in Part II so the on-screen credits could be included there.

Interestingly, in the main cast credits at the very beginning, Emile De Ravin is listed as "Guest Starring" suggesting she was not originally meant to be a recurring character. (Of course, long before the pilot was filmed, neither was Jack. He was originally to die in place of the pilot 20 minutes in to demonstrate to viewers that this show could - and would - do anything to its characters!)

digiman wrote:
    Has anyone seen an ad on e4/c4 for lost yet? According to a forum on skyone someone has seen it already.

http://www.skyone.co.uk/SKYONEFORUM/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=23719

If this is true they must intend airing it earlier than we first though

I'd say it's a "Coming Soon" (i.e. August) promo, or a "Summer programmes" promo taking in the upcoming few months. I don't think they'll be starting this under after Big Brother finishes as originally planned, as most of the E4 schedule will be taken up with that.

doh.ie wrote:
    I'd say it's a "Coming Soon" (i.e. August) promo, or a "Summer programmes" promo taking in the upcoming few months. I don't think they'll be starting this under after Big Brother finishes as originally planned, as most of the E4 schedule will be taken up with that.
    Yeh... I remember Sky One showing the ads for the third series of 24 from September or something and it wasn't on until January...

I wouldn't expect it that soon on Sky or E4 or whatever channel it's going to be on

• Advertisement

5 clips from tonight's episode for those who can't wait for another Lost fix...! :D

Watch 'em here!

doh.ie wrote:
    Of course, long before the pilot was filmed, neither was Jack. He was originally to die in place of the pilot 20 minutes in to demonstrate to viewers that this show could - and would - do anything to its characters

wow that would have been interesting

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I was having a good think about Lost last night - as you do ;) and one of the main elements of the show is the hatch and the mystery surrounding it. Then I had a thought that maybe the 'other' survivors also found a hatch and that the hatch is nothing more than a tunnel from one side of the island to the other. When the hatch is opened the other survivors will come out. Maybe they are struggling with trying to open it from the other side. Of course when they come out they are probably infected or something.

Hyzepher

madrab wrote:
    wow that would have been interesting
    Another interesting fact was Michael Keaton was originally asked to play Jack! But turned it down!
    Hollywood actor MICHAEL KEATON snubbed an offer to star in hit American television show LOST - because his personal life's too busy to accommodate a heavy workload.

Keaton says that "Lost" creator J.J. Abrams approached him about the possibility of playing the character of "Dr. Jack Shepard." "He told me what 'Lost' was and I thought it was a really intriguing idea," says Keaton.

Keaton says he was thinking about doing it until Abrams called to let him know that "Dr. Jack Shepard," who was slated to die in the first episode of the original pilot, would instead be a series regular. "I said, 'I'll seriously consider it, send me the script,'" says Keaton. "He said, 'No, we're keeping the guy alive,' and I said, 'Oh, ok, well I can't do that.'"

Despite the success of "Lost," Keaton says he knows he made the right decision. "I wouldn't do it if the guy was going to be in the show every week," he says. "An hour show every week... I've got stuff to do, I've got a life to lead. When would I fish?"

Wonder if he regrets that?... :eek:

basquille wrote:
    Wonder if he regrets that?... :eek:

nah im sure he can find a few more multiplicity movies to make :D

madrab wrote:
    nah im sure he can find a few more multiplicity movies to make :D
    I actually really enjoyed 'Multiplicity'... a very under-rated comedy with great performances from Michael Keaton, in my opinion! Not easy to play 4 completely different characters in one movie... and make each of them believable!

Now.. 'White Noise'? That's a completely different matter! Complete and utter turd!

lost forum now available in the hosted-public section

madrab wrote:
    lost forum now available in the hosted-public section
    Excellent news! Congrats all (and thanks to steveland? for proposing it)!

We should have done it sooner!

Anyone else think this thread should be used to discuss episode developments until the current series ends in the US? Not to spoil it for anyone who's about to start watching it on RTE.

yeah, but its a pity the lost thread wasnt put into the telelvision section as opposed to the hosted section but you cant complain

• Advertisement

So it looks like they're gonna set sail despite Mr. Artz advice. They probably wont get very far. Mr. Artz seems like a good character. "Because I'm a doctor, and you're a hillbilly"

Advertisement