Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost [Contains spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Kazaanova wrote:
    Ah man, now everyone knows we were talking about torrents all along.

Was there ever really any doubt?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I saw an ad for Lost on RTE last night, so when is it actually starting on Poverty 1?

tinkerbell wrote:
    I saw an ad for Lost on RTE last night, so when is it actually starting on Poverty 1?

'Tis Poverty 2 in the end. Starts May 23rd, 10pm.

Oooh coool :D

I didn't even know about the show til I saw the ad for it last night (I'm so sheltered!), and it looks class :D

I'll be so tuning into that then :D *scribbles date into diary* hehe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

25TH may season finale is a Double episode!@!@!@!

Nearly fainted when i saw that :p

Cant wait for that

• Advertisement

So I take it that it's a pretty good show then, yah? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

its really good but stop reading this thread as all the plot twists and stuff have been discussed in detail

oh and loved the analogy doh.ie even though it made my ears bleed :-)

I only read the last page :)

I haven't read any spoilers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Just thinking now that Walt is scared of Locke (when he saw him covered in blood)... it'll be interesting to see what effect this has on Locke and his connection with the island since there seems to be a connection between Walt and the island too

steveland? wrote:
    Just thinking now that Walt is scared of Locke (when he saw him covered in blood)... it'll be interesting to see what effect this has on Locke and his connection with the island since there seems to be a connection between Walt and the island too

This is a really good point.
    There is a sense given that Locke knows Walt's abilities and his relationship with the island. He appears keen to nuture Walt's 'talents'. Now that the group is turning against Locke, it'll be interesting to see how he'll deal with a breaking of his bond with Walt, especially if the island favours Walt over Locke.

Madrab - yeah, it was pretty bad. Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OK... my view on Episode 21 - The Greater Good:

I'm afraid i'm gonna resort to using spoiler tags for now as there's a spate of newbie's creeping round who really shouldn't be reading Page 22 of a 'Lost' thread considering it's only starting in a fortnight on 'Poverty 2' (loved that, doh.ie).
    OK... when Lost 1X21 started, i actually somewhat forgot where we left off. Maybe it was the fact that it opened with a scene way back in the season where a couple of the group went about their dealings with the transciever.

Then i remembered the plane falling from the cliff and Boone's death etc. And of course, how could i forget Jack's final line in 1X20 - "to find John Locke!"

Anyways, onto the actual episode... maybe it was that we have had a couple of weeks without 'Lost' but it was another excellent episode (..which begs the question: how can they live up to this season with a second season, or even an adequate season finale? Damon and JJ really have to pull something amazing to finish this season..).

Anyways, getting a bit sidetracked here... i definantly enjoyed the episode more than Sayid's first episode with him being captured by Rousseau, and his backstory with Nadia.

The only real revelation was, as mentioned, Locke admitting he was the one who hit Sayid on the back of the head when pinpointing the source of the transmission.

The last 20 minutes of the episode were truly excellent though. It had so many highlights:
    - the showdown between Shannon and Locke in the jungle
    - the look of hate in Jack's eyes towards Locke when leaving that scene
    - Sayid's decision to change his flight to the doomed Oceanic Flight 815, ultimately meaning he may never get that opportunity to meet Nadia again.
    - Sayid asking John to take him to the hatch... knowing well his hatch excuse at the plane was complete BS.

Probably my favourite bit of the episode was Boone's funeral / burial. Sayid started to talk and then all of a sudden from the background, we hear 'it was my fault!" and it's revealed Locke had returned. Pardon the lame expression but my heart jumped into my mouth at that moment.. knowing he returned regardless of everything that had happened. I actually assumed Locke would be out for practically the remainder of the season and would be brought back in the finale for a cliffhanger.

Enjoyed the comic relief of Charlie minding 'Turnip Head' and the return of 'steamrolled Harry Potter'! Love those glasses! :D

Anyways, excellent episode. Can't wait til next week. And best of all, no more breaks / hiatuses. Straight run through til the end of the season..

What are we gonna watch for the Summer?!
    ixoy wrote:
    I thought Terry O'Quinn was excellent this week - he seemed so unsure, for once, when trying to explain himself at Boone's funeral.
    Isn't Terry always brillant though? I said it once and i'll say it again! All the cast in 'Lost' are excellent but Terry as Locke is a standout star, in my opinion! Absolute genius!
    steveland? wrote:
    The promo below shows
    Walt pleading with Locke not to open the hatch so could Walt be possibly jealous / angry that Locke didn't share the location of the hatch with him? But then again.. if Walt presumes danger is inside it, then he may already know about it and the contents that lie within........... can't wait for next week now

Dear God.... i love those 'Lost' rambles. I think i could probably fill books with my views on what's happened so far this season.

PS - as usual, the promo for next week available here

PPS - seems like my bird carrier analogy has "taken off"....... no pun intended!....... OK, pun intended!! :D

Yo. Poverty 2 wasn't mine, Tinkerbell did it first. Basquille's right, you really shouldn't read any of the posts here, Tinkerbell, but we'll all pop into the RTE thread when the show starts and see what the newbies think.

I normally don't look at the promos until after the episode, but my impatience with
    hatch developments this week got the better of me! I love the "Don't open it!" line - fantastic potential here. Seems Walt or unknown to him, his abilities, is very much tied into the island/monster/wider mysteries. Locke's motives are becoming unclear - he very much wanted the hatch to be a secret, and yet now he has no choice but to show the others. If he has the ability to open it, something the others do not know, why wouldn't he just say "I don't know how to get in."

Anyway, shouldn't be speculating based purely on a promo, but you're right, Basquille, thank God there are no more breaks. I need to know more now... Plus, I reckon as good as the show has been all season, that high quality will be far surpassed by what they've got in store for us in the final three.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

basquille wrote:
    Isn't Terry always brillant though? I said it once and i'll say it again! All the cast in 'Lost' are excellent but Terry as Locke is a standout star, in my opinion! Absolute genius!
    Hey I see Terry O'Quinn just picked up a Best Actor award in the Saturn Awards for his work on 'Lost'. Kudos to him!

ixoy wrote:
    Hey I see Terry O'Quinn just picked up a Best Actor award in the Saturn Awards for his work on 'Lost'. Kudos to him!
    Yeah.. saw that alright!

Well deserved award! Lost also picked up 'Best Network Television Series' up against Alias, Angel, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Smallville, Star Trek: Enterprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Something confuses me:
    After I think Boones death, Lock was on top of the hatch, and then a light came out of it. Where the **** did that go? It had to be a person hearing him. What did he see inside? That seemed to just go nowhere.

As for the raft, I can see it taking off, then coming back in the next episode. It doesnt look like it will take off untill the season finale though, so maybe it wont be coming back untill the next season.

Future episode spoilers
    SpoilerFix say that three men and a child get on the raft. So I doubt it will be Claires baby because Claire isnt there. Walts there, so his dad must be too. Sawyer is on it because Kate isnt, that just leaves Jin.

There has to be something to do with the disease in that hatch. Walt warns Locke not to open it for good reason. Anyway no point in guessing, you just cant with this show.

Well deserved awards for Lost there.

Kazaanova wrote:
    Something confuses me:
    After I think Boones death, Lock was on top of the hatch, and then a light came out of it. Where the **** did that go? It had to be a person hearing him. What did he see inside? That seemed to just go nowhere.
    That was at the end of 'Deux Ex Machina'... which was when the
    incident with the plane happened. Locke left Boone at the cave and left him there.

And note that last night's episode was the first time we have seen Locke appear since that light occured inside the hatch and he left Boone in the cave to ultimately die.

He was away for a full episode... who knows what happened the time he was away. He was more than likely at the hatch while absent though, as that hatch scene was the last scene in Deux Ex Machina (and as mentioned, last time we've seen him before last night's episode).

Regarding your comment regarding that the hatch-light incident seemed to go nowhere, this is 'Lost' here!... you should understand by now that we don't always get answers in a sequential order. Answers will be (hopefully) given in due time. Possibly expect a reason for the light next episode!

did anyon notice that spoiler:
    mike (walts dad) collapses in the promo, possibly something to do with walt not wanting the hatch to be opened?

Kazaanova wrote:
    Something confuses me:
    After I think Boones death, Lock was on top of the hatch, and then a light came out of it. Where the **** did that go? It had to be a person hearing him. What did he see inside? That seemed to just go nowhere

Remember aswell though
    that Locke's also seen what's in the woods when he was attacked by it. We still haven't gotten an answer for that but Locke seemed different after it. As ixoy mentioned earlier Locke seems more unsure now when he returned from the hatch. So I'd say that something happened with Locke then. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the stuff with Locke that hasn't been revealed yet is revealed in the season finale. It's going to be a 2 hour episode so there's lots of time for exposition...

I personally can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Good points.

Cant wait for the finale either.

So theres 3 episodes left? Technically 4?

Born to Run, Exodus 1, Exodus 2(120 minutes). Born to Run is about Kate, Exodus 1 is about all the survivors on the day of the flight and I don't think Exodus 2 has any flashbacks, so its a pure two hours of island greatness.

As for Season 2, I really hope they keep the show plot driven and not all gimmicky. I know not all of each episode is about the plot, but this season has been perfect. Movie quality flashbacks for character development, great island happenings to drive the plot and then we get a break with light hearted stuff. Theres no fat at all. It would be so easy to turn this into a sitcom on an island. I'd hate to see "This week the survivors use a camera to record messages for people" or "This week the survivors find a monkey and keep it as a pet". If they started having episodes like that, the show would still be great, but it just wouldnt be Lost anymore.

Kazaanova wrote:
    This week the survivors find a monkey and keep it as a pet

i dont know you could have some good comedy moments with sawer and a monkey, even a spinoff show ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Starts on RTE 23rd May - double pilot episode

Hyzepher

Hyzepher wrote:
    Starts on RTE 23rd May - double pilot episode

Hyzepher
    Do we know if it's RTE1 or RTE2 yet?

Saw it being advertised on both RTE1 and RTE2!

Definitely RTE2. The "Coming Soon" promo during Boston Public last night was branded RTE2. It's to run at 10pm on Mondays from the 23rd of May. O2 paid €150,000 for its sponsorship, and as the pilot will be shown as the 90-minute version.

Kazaanova wrote:
    I'd hate to see "This week the survivors use a camera to record messages for people" or "This week the survivors find a monkey and keep it as a pet". If they started having episodes like that, the show would still be great, but it just wouldnt be Lost anymore.

Sounds like Ch4's Shipwrecked from a few years ago, or Survivor with comedy.

doh.ie wrote:
    Definitely RTE2. The "Coming Soon" promo during Boston Public last night was branded RTE2. It's to run at 10pm on Mondays from the 23rd of May. O2 paid €150,000 for its sponsorship, and as the pilot will be shown as the 90-minute version.
    90-minutes = no breaks?

/me crosses fingers....

Well... of course I can watch them whenever with no breaks but for anyone starting new this is good news

steveland? wrote:
    90-minutes = no breaks?

/me crosses fingers....

Well... of course I can watch them whenever with no breaks but for anyone starting new this is good news

Well, no. I meant the episode itself is a 90-minute version, with "Pilot, Part I" and "Pilot, Part II" being combined into a movie-length episode. (Otherwise, Part I ends at the pilot being found in the tree by Kate, Charlie and Jack.)

The combined version will run from 10pm to about 11.45pm on RTE2, though, and with breaks.

Ah.... damn...

/me puts on breakless Pilot

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I reckon
    more people have to die for the hatch to be open. Rousseau was talking about the hatch itself (or who/whatever's in there) when she said "Il les a tous tués". The light came on when Boone snuffed it, and Walt realises more harm will come to people if they progress towards opening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭digiman

Whats all this about walt knowing stuff about the hatch? I know from previous eps that strange things happen around him. Was this in the latest clip from the next episode? If so does anyone have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

One page back, post 432 (basquille)

Advertisement