Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost [Contains spoilers]

Options
  • 03-12-2004 10:52am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, anyone watching this. Only on US tv at the moment but an absolute triller!

Hyzepher

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

i fully agree with the man this is one of the best bits of tele i have seen in ages watched the first 7 episiodes last night and watching more this evening - god bless broadband

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Along with S3 of "The Wire", "Lost" is the best show currently airing on US TV. Fantastic stuff at times. What's most wonderful is the sense of character development - everyone has already fit their mould and I care about most of them. Some superb acting too - Dominic Monaghan and Terry O'Quinn that means you! And yet they still squeeze in interesting stories with lots of "ohhhh!" moments. I've seen all ten episodes that have aired so far and 100000% recommend everyone watch it when it hits these shores in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, I've been download Lost religously for the last 11 weeks, and it is absolutely the best TV drama being aired this season. As ixoy says, the character development is excellent (I love the back stories for each of the characters - Sawyer's in particular was very very clever). Can't wait to see where it goes from here. The season cliffhanger is pretty much guaranteed to be a humdinger......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Every bloody episode seems to be a cliffhanger. More twists than a portion of curly fries in McDonalds.

The character development is the high point of the show and the flashback element helps to expand the characters without losing their sense of mystery between each other. I also like the way that each character is more or less being developed per episode so you get something fresh as the series goes on.

I won't even try and work out what the feck is going on - plot is brilliant

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Loving this too, probably my favourite show at the moment. Certainly the one I pick up and have to see the same night. Enjoyed the Locke and Charlie backstories most so far.

Think they may have revealed some elements too quickly in places, particularly:
    the French woman, the mysterious figure Jack saw on the beach
    but on the whole this is great stuff. Let's hope JJ & Co can keep the standard up.

The concept of one character being the focus of each episode has been done before, but not as well as this, IMO. (Incidentally, 1x10 focused on Claire who was *not* originally meant to be a full cast member. She was listed as a Guest Star in the original pilot - the one with the more effective freaky music.)

Will be interesting to see what they do when they've gone through each of the cast once. With the exception of Sayid and Sawyer (or Not Sawyer), we know why everyone was on the plane so far. There's certainly enough new material thrown up in the first set of flashbacks to add to in a second set.

Can't recommend this highly enough to those who'll see it in January's schedules; everyone will be talking about it in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Yeah, some back-stories are revisited.... Focus of the next few episodes are:

Episode 11 for
    Jack
    Episode 12 for
    Kate - looking forward to this one
    Episode 13 for
    Boone
    Episode 14 for
    Michael/Walter

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Just adding my whole hearted support for this show. One good thing about this show is that you can see it at least making it to the third season. I've learned my lesson from "failed" series and don't download now unless it's at least going to see the season out (RIP Wonderfalls & Jake 2.0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

doh.ie wrote:
    Loving this too, probably my favourite show at the moment. Certainly the one I pick up and have to see the same night. Enjoyed the Locke and Charlie backstories most so far.

Think they may have revealed some elements too quickly in places, particularly:
    the French woman, the mysterious figure Jack saw on the beach
    but on the whole this is great stuff. Let's hope JJ & Co can keep the standard up.

Gotta agree, it gave away the basic premise behind the series for me anyway.
    But the strange thing is it doesnt detract from the enjoyment of the show, the
    fact that im 90% sure of whats actually happening.
    Great series though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Great show - it's no coincidence that the Alias creator, JJ Abrams, is behind this. There are very good cliff hanger endings to most episodes. Last week's ending was intriguing.

The only bad thing is that there is a 4 week break after this week's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'm resisting the urge to download this sofar.....who has the rights to show it in Ireland and/or Uk...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've also seen each episode so far... It really is great stuff...

And it has Delenn out of Babylon 5 in it.... how cool is that?

RuggieBear wrote:
    i'm resisting the urge to download this sofar.....who has the rights to show it in Ireland and/or Uk...?
    Not sure if any Irish channels have picked it up, but E4 are starting it in January.

- Dave.

I believe I heard somewhere that RTE TWO had it... Can't say for sure, though.
    It's Touchstone, and most of their deals are not with TV3 or TG4, so RTE TWO is
    a pretty safe bet.

doh.ie wrote:
    I believe I heard somewhere that RTE TWO had it... Can't say for sure, though..
    When Network 2 became RTE2 I saw a list of the programs they had destined to air and it included "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives". I'm pretty sure it did anyway (defintetely had DH).
    *Sigh* One more episode and then a stupid break for stupid Christmas. BAH HUMBUG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CJ_Will

I agree. One of the best shows on right now. In addition to the GREAT individual character development, I'm interested to see where they go with the mystery factor of the island itself. (why everyone has these personal revelations just being there, as well as the "monster" and polar bears and such).

The only problem is so far they haven't given away too many answers... just more and more questions...

Remember back when it seemed like the X-files had this really good and well thought out mystery conspiracy going on? But after about 4 seasons you realised they were just making up crap as they went along.

But I think I have faith in Lost.. they seem to know what they are doing with it...

I loved that Physic guy last week.. he was really creepy looking...

I want to know what the story with Ethan is.... now HE is creepy looking!

TmB wrote:
    I want to know what the story with Ethan is.... now HE is creepy looking!

Oh my guess would be that he's
    the French woman's missing son...

But I want to see more of the guy with the rash... I wonder what his story is...

Oh my guess would be that he's...
    But I want to see more of the guy with the rash... I wonder what his story is...

I have the same guess about Ethan. As for the rash guy, Delenn did make some suggestion which made me wonder if there was a disease/virus on the island...

I thought
    Danielle's son was called Alex? Unless he went missing at a very young age, didn't know his own name, and picked up the name from somewhere else...?
    . I suppose we'll find out in due course.

• Advertisement

doh.ie wrote:
    I have the same guess about Ethan. As for the rash guy, Delenn did make some suggestion which made me wonder if there was a disease/virus on the island...

I reckon Locke is the infected one
    I mean... it pretty much looked like he got eaten by the monster.

And TmB,
    He lied about being on the plane, I'm sure he lied about his name as well. It sounded like he was making it up on the spot when Hurly was asking for the details.

Hopefully tomorrows episode will answer a few questions for us (and its going to be a painful 4 week wait for episode 12....)

Any chance of having this thread re-titled to include spoilers? Even with the spoiler space, there's still large spoilers floating around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

ixoy wrote:
    Any chance of having this thread re-titled to include spoilers? Even with the spoiler space, there's still large spoilers floating around.

Sure. :)

Does episode one start
    With some guy waking up in the middle of some trees before he races onto the beach to discover the crashed plane. As he tries to save someone some guy says why dont they try the hole trick to which the guy goes go find me a pen.

Yep, thats the one.

Thanks man, Im really looking forward to watching the series.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Anyone seen last nights? (US only of course)

Hyzepher

Hyzepher wrote:
    Anyone seen last nights? (US only of course)
    I ordered the video off my US cousins this morning. Should have arrived by the time I get home so I'll report back here around 19:30 when it's watched.

• Advertisement

Mine's in this morning - everyone must convert to using Azureus and an RSS feed. Automatically gets them in the middle of the night.

But unfortunately, I'm off to the UK today so I won't get to see it until Saturday! Grr. Argh!

Sign of a top-notch show when you can't wait to view it though. Shame this is the last new one for a while.

Advertisement