Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options
1234568»

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Confitzy

Iv ordered my LC results and in the email it says it can take up to 6 weeks. So best get onto it if you need them

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

I’d say add in both if you can. That’s what I done . Better to have them send off to avoid complications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EazyARL

Anybody know the interview questions that you are going to be asked? Or some information to get prepared for the interview. I got placed in 1700s order of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tra112

The Declaration Form, where do I get that to complete?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 racheldowney2

i think they send you this form a few weeks before your interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 psb1

Has anybody sat the Stage 2 interview yet ? Any feedback would be most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dedalus7

yea I just finished my interview there today, went well, no curveballs or asking about not completing courses, all they want to know is if you’ve developed skills from anything you’ve ever done

Just have 5 examples for the competencies and you’re golden, and it can be fluid like you can use aspects of one example for one competency and aspects of the same example for another.

It’s really just an interview to make sure you’ve good work ethic and want the job

I applied in January and scored 180 in order of merit and am in batch 1 so I got my interview relatively fast

I scored 180 in order of merit and here’s my results

Assessment Questionnaire

Qualifying Score: 30

Your score: 53

Verbal Reasoning

Qualifying Score: 35

Your score: 72

Numerical Reasoning

Qualifying Score: 34

Your score: 50

I scored average in the questionnaire and numerical reasoning but high in verbal reasoning, I feel they might value this score more and that’s why I got a good order of merit

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Red devil 77

I scored 60 in assessment questionnaire, 60 in verbal and 63 in numerical and I'm in 300s oom so they must definitely take the verbal more seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Murphy2024

Was there much time spent discussing what you wrote on the written exercise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 happydays1916

Hi everyone, I sat the stage 2 interview this week - feel like I’m the only one wishing the process would slow down a bit! 😳 The panel were all lovely and while there is a lot of time pressure, they managed it so well. Best of luck everyone 💚

When I done mine last summer , they asked me “would you change anything in you what you wrote ?”. I told them “No, I wouldn’t change anything and would stick to what I wrote.” I think this demonstrates that you’re not fickle and stick to your guns.

yes, when they start each competency they refer back to your written exercise to see if it displays that competency

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brainstoburn

Ring them and they'll post out in a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jimmy75

Scored 1 in the last campaign interview merit list. Though I am a serving officer in another force so am well versed.

Any questions feel free to DM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 korea 1

anyone have any idea when next batch may be called for an interview ?

Will it be in batches of 208?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jimmy75

Running a prep course at less than a third of the other prep courses cost.

Please PM for further details and my credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 psb1

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share I passed my interview got the results. Onto the Physical test next. Can anyone advise who did this test before how many footsteps is the 20 metres beep test? I have looked at the Garda website You tube video but would appreciate anyones advice on here. Best of luck to everybody in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tra112

congrats

Congratulations on passing the interview!

My advice for the PCT.

1. Practice doing the required sit-ups in the required time frame. AFAIK you need to have your elbows touch you knees. We had a bar to put our feet under. See YouTube videos.
    2. Practice doing the required amount of push-ups required of you. Proper push-ups , chest near the floor , then arms fully extended. See YouTube videos.

3. Never mind the footsteps. Measure out a distance of 20 meters and practice the beep test.

I used the official Garda Bluetooth audio on my AirPods and regularly ran this. The best training is the the test itself in my opinion. The beep test involves a bit of technique as well (the way you turn your foot and the like). You can probably find YouTube videos and techniques to maximise your efficiency.

I also just done some 5k runs here and there.
    Just keep training at these every week. Maintain discipline, and you won’t be in for any big surprises.

For the obstacle coarse, just put max effort into it and make sure you study it on YouTube. Most seem to be okay with it , but at the same time , Don’t underestimate it. Have a look at the YouTube videos.

A fair few fail the fitness test from what I have seen. Just prepare and you should pass. Do a mock test on yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement