Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

So around 1500 and over you're gonna looking at months for an interview and realistically a year or two if you were to get into college?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Anonymous4321

are the remaining stages - interview, fitness test and vetting? Or are there more?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Paddy77

Got 1014 on merit list..delighted,don’t know how I passed that Numerical.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tra112

I got that score too… delighted as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rb99

I got mid 400s on the order of merit list,was absolutely convinced I had failed the numerical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Tra112

well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

Medical and Local station interview (more of a chat).

If you pass your Fitness, then your medical and local station interview should follow very shortly after that.

Also after you pass the fitness Vetting will begin. This will likely take the longest and is different for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

well done to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Michael_Res1

I got in the top 100 in terms of order of merit. I will be moved to the interview stage. I'm delighted with my results. I believe the next step is an interview via zoom? Anyone know?

Post edited by Michael_Res1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 korea 1

mid 400s are batch 2 ?

How long would we be waiting to be called to next stage ?

Anyone know

• Advertisement

it says first 240 or around that are beginning their interviews April 15th so probably a few weeks after that I would guess?

• Those candidates that are successful at Stage 1 will be invited to the next stage in order of merit.
    • Stage 2 will consist of an interview carried out remotely by zoom.

• Interviews will be held monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robbie2024

Lol we are all thinking the same I already told the Mrs I messed up and the jig was up lol

I placed 1014 on the merit list, Would Anybody have a idea on how long roughly I will be waiting to be called for interview?

They are inviting the first 208 to do their interviews commencing April 15. So if they invite 208 every month, you'll be waiting 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aka55

placed 551. Anyone have ideas for interviews timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭billyhead

Where are you getting this monthly figure from and on average what proportion are successful at the interview stage?

if you read the information given to us with our results on public jobs. It gives the info there.

and dont know the mean on how many pass / fail

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

Not a clue but I would imagine some are quite good at taking aptitude tests but once getting into an interview situation it's a different matter in terms of suitability of that individual to be in that job in terms of personality etc....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭billyhead

It just says the first 208 will be called to interview. Nothing about monthly.

it says interviews will be held every month

which to me sounds like blocks of 208 will be invited to the interview stage every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 psb1

Im the same passed as well and heaven knows how I passed them blasted percentages questions.😀

I Received this message from one of the preperation courses….might be helpful to someone….The first batch of Garda Trainee applicants will be invited to book their Stage 2 Interview from Tuesday April 2nd. The PAS will be calling forward those candidates, who placed up to and including 208 on the order of merit (OOM), to interview as part of Batch 1. Interviews will commence from April 15th and typically continue over a two-week period. 

Candidates will be called forward for interview in the sequence of their OOM from Stage 1. Confused? It's actually quite simple; just think in batches of 200.  If you placed at 743 in the OOM, you will most likely be called for interview in Batch 4 - that's 4 months from now. If you placed at 1156, you will most likely be called in Batch 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Don96

hello,

I placed in the 2,800’s that will be a while away right?, I was planning on moving to Australia, and don’t want to hold back especially if I don’t pass the interview, I wonder would I be able to do the interview in Australia

its on zoom so i assume so

• Registered Users Posts: 3 D4v3864

Does you're order of merit go up if you do well on the interview and let's say you do better than everyone on the fitness test in the batch of people you're doing it with. Maybe jumping me from the 1100 mark to let's say 600 and possibly starting training earlier than someone who is 400 on the order of merit and does badly in the interview and scrapes a pass in the fitness tests. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bfg1

your oom is the way you will be called to interview that’s all that’s for I’m nearly sure , then it’s vetting that holds it up for peolpe I think , maybe I’m

Wrong ,

• Advertisement

Your merit number wont change but what will make the process go quicker for you is people with a lower number than you failing a stage.

Say you placed 500 on the merit list and 150 people with a lower number than you failed the fitness or vetting stages, you would then be in the position of person 350, but your number will still be 500.

So towards the end of the recruitment process, the merit number could look like 1, 4, 12, 35, and so on, with gaps in numbers being people that have failed stages of recruitment.

Advertisement