Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garda022

Hello Paddy, the numerical test had questions on area/volume, ratios, percentages, I don't remember them all but they weren't too bad with the exception of 1/2 area questions that went over my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bfg1

And what did you think of verbal I even found that tricky ? There were two or three questions that I was lost on ! So had to guess

Post edited by bfg1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Id delete this comment if I were you. You definitely can’t tell people what will or possibly could come up on the test, especially when it’s still live. (This was stated to you before you started the exam). You put yourself and us at risk of being disqualified.

Post edited by Turner on

I appreciate it but at the same time, how many people do you think take the exam unaccompanied?

There is far too little supervision in the test to make it fair, it only records you at the start and end of the test. It’s a bit of a farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

When I done it I was recorded , had to scan room and desk with Camera and show my ID.

But when the test starts they don’t record anything so nothing to stop someone from getting someone else’s help and then make sure you’re on the camera for the last question … not something I did btw but just an observation

Post edited by garda022 on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dublindriver33

I completed the written assessment this morning and made a mess of it, I completed the first scenario and clicked next to go the next one and it saved my progress and logged me out as if I was complete🤬🤬, so I would say that is me gone for this year.

It wasn't very well explained

….

Theres also only 1 scenario. It just has 2 parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ascull98

So do you have to write it as two separate parts ? or do you know can you write it as one whole thing like in the courses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 racheldowney2

I’m assuming you mean the written exercise? The way your man describe it in the video it was two questions. In paragraphs. I think once you do that , explain why you’re doing blah blah and have the gone over the limit of words you should be fine. ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ascull98

Oh yeah sorry I did mean the written exercise. Perfect thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HDM1798

Something similar happened to me. I answered the first question and then clicked submit answer by mistake and that was my test finished. I was so upset by it. Only one question answered in the written assessment... because of a mistake. It should say to you are you sure you want to submit. Some warning should be given

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HDM1798

I did the numerical reasoning test just there. Some ridiculous questions in it but I expected that.

The written assessment was a DISASTER.... I answered the first scenario, counted my sentences etc., and then clicked submit answers by accident... I never saw something to send so quickly in all my life. Written Assessment submitted and only one section answered. Raging... probably end of the line before the line even starts.. 😫😫😫 after all that. Good luck in advance to those who will get to stage 2.

As per the information for the written test. There is only 1 scenario and 1 box to put your answer, so if you put both answers in there, you’ll be grand.

Does anyone know if time really matters on the numerical it defo took me over an hour as my mouse wouldn’t connect for me and even at that I’d be doing well to get half of them right anyone any guidance I’m so disappointed. Thanks

Hey Aoife I was actually replying to Dublindriver33 hahah not yourself. I’m assuming this is the exam they were talking about

unfortunately for the maths there is a require pass mark. I don’t know myself what it is. But yeah I’m pretty sure you have to pass all exams to go to the interview stage. I wish I wasn’t that case as I myself am worried about the maths exam. I’m doing mine this evening

I’m raging over it I’d say I got half right then after that I didn’t as my mouse wouldn’t move for me not saying I would have gotten those anwsers right I’m just wondering let’s say I got the half of them right would that be enough or that fact that I took well over an hour does that mean I’m gone on that if that makes sense thanks for reply !

• Advertisement

I did complete it but it just took me so long to complete hope I’m making sense !

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tra112

Just finished all… the maths was atrocious, ended up guessing most..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rb99

Also thought the maths was atrocious and I did a preparation course.

I done a course also but noting prepared me for this what came up it took me over an hour my mouse broke couldn’t get it to move , but anyway the questions some would take you 15 mins alone to work out and the guide time was 15 mins total Einstein couldn’t do it in that time !

I didn’t find it that bad at all but now I’m second guessing myself… All but 1 of the answers I worked out were an option on the screen so I was fairly confident after doing it. Only took me around 30 minutes.

Oh fair play to you.. I found the other tests fine., I’d say the maths got me… any idea time wise when we find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

This is the fear for me, I'm doing it this evening and my head is melted over it. I just haven't got the head for it and probably will feck it up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aod214

Early next month is what it said on the familiarization booklet

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Jimmy.james

Post edited by Jimmy.james on

Advertisement