Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 D4v3864

Ah perfect thanks. Thats what I was thinking, just wanted to be sure.

For anyone thats done the fitness test before do you stop at the required number of push ups and sit ups for your age? Or do you keep going until you can't do any with good form or they stop you

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Anonymous4321

does anyone know how big the OOM is? Ive seen someone say they are in position 2,800. Is anyone higher than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

Id imagine it's just do what you are required.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robbie2024

According to the news 800 -1000 , however this may change

• Advertisement

Anonymous4321 asked how many are they recruiting, that was my reply 😁 , I misread what he said so disregard 🤣

no, I asked how big the merit list is.
    thanks for that figure tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dyagon84

If I remember correctly, ~6,350 candidates participated in the exam.

I'm guessing this will change as the levels of resignations are on the rise and also 387 inline for retirement this year so .....

Post edited by robbie2024 on

Ah ok cause I was wondering do they have a cut off was cause obviously over 6000 applied and if there was a cut off at 1000 why would people still get listed that you passed the next stage say for people listed over 2000 for example. Surely they will eventually be called for an interview down the line? :-)

• Advertisement

I think the garda recruitment works on the basis that they set the pass marks pre / post exams and if only 1000 people pass then the merit list will only be 1000 or if 5000 pass then the merit list will be 5000. So it will change on a yearly basis?

Correct me if im wrong but thats what im gathering from this / post boards chats.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Kealyboy

is there any reassurance given to potential new recruits about where one may be stationed? I’d find it hard to believe that they widened the age limit to 50 and would expect someone to move for example cork to Donegal. A lot of potential new recruits aged for 35-50 would have families, kids in school and mortgages.

I guess they have to run with it as everyone maynot make it to the end

I'm in 35-50 so I hope not or they will be very long days/Nights lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Malachy78

in the 700 range. Does anyone think July might be a reasonable timeframe for an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

They might make a consideration for a welfare case if you have a family. However, it’s what you sign up for, you could be send anywhere , just like everyone else. Cork to Donegal is very unlikely, but getting sent to Dublin is on the cards for everyone and I’d say it very very likely.

id love to be sent to dublin

Yeah I’d be the same , you would get the best career opportunities in Dublin. It’s just a shame about the cost for me, as I’d be a 2/3 hour drive from Dublin and would have to rent.

yh im from the north so id either have to firm a 1.5hr drive each way every day or move to dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bfg1

on this Tuesday does everyone get an interview date or is it just the first 208 ?

• Advertisement

first 208

• Registered Users Posts: 4 korea 1

If your mid 400s would we be waiting until June ?

I think they will all get an interview, however , keep in mind that some may fail or not Participate any further. It seems that they will keep those who are still in the running on a retainer till required to move foreword but it won't be an overnight thing this is for sure , hope this helps

I've no doubt these people will not be stationed more then 1 hour from home as set out in the working time act that 1 hour travel is classed as reasonable travel time but let's see and don't be put off

Careful what you guys wish for, it's far from a bed of roses here in Dublin lol 😆

I’m fairly sure Gardai are exempt from the working time act but I could be wrong.

If you listen to the recent Graduation from Templemore you’ll hear plenty of “Joe Bloggs from Cork , to be stationed in Ballymun ect.”
    It’s on YouTube.

Haha I can imagine. It’s a double edged sword where you get stationed.

on the garda information pack its states that you have to be stationed a certain distance from where you, your parents or close family live. Think it said something like 80km. Ill have a look

…..

Best of luck to all booking their interview tomorrow.

• Advertisement

does anyone know why some garda have a yellow stab vest, whilst others have a blue one. Is this dependent on your rank or what is it?

Advertisement