Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Good luck to everyone doing it tomorrow! I think I’ll do it early doors and get it out of the way🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ascull98

I actually don't feel too bad about the maths, I feel like I'm struggling more with the written assessment and trying to come up with 25 sentences feel like it would be a bit easier if it was going off word count. probably just overthinking it all the same though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tra112

Best of luck with it, I’m not doing it until Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

There's really no where to practice all these things unless you pay for them from the couple of companies, right? Unless I've missed something?

I just would like to practice with the types that would be in this exam if anyone can PM me if really appreciate it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 racheldowney2

Hey guys, best of luck if you’re doing your exams today! I need abit more time to prepare but hope all goes well with yous 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Paddy77

Just have the Numerical and Written Report left to complete in the Assessments Tests,Just a bit more prep before we do these,Best of luck everyone doing the test today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bfg1

Did you do the verbal how did you find it I though was some very tricky questions in it !

Yes I done the verbal and there was a few tricky ones there alright that I had to take a moment to think before I answered,Did you do the numerical yet.

Yes I done the verbal and there was a few tricky ones there alright that I had to take a moment to think before I answered,Did you do the numerical yet.

No it will be Friday again I get to do those as I’m working until then , even when I though about them I was second guessing meself took me about half an hour to do them ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Does anyone know roughly how many people are put on the merit list per campaign?

I’m the same,Off today then back in till Friday,Family event then Saturday,would like to get them done before then,but a bit more prep needed.Best of luck in the Assessments.

Snap im

the same away weekend with family hoping to do Friday also , good luck to you also !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ab77

Hi , has anyone completed the written assessment bit I think I messed up badly , I wrote all my answers (part one and two as paragraphs) into the box and then clicked submit and another text box came up , was I meant to answer part one in the first box and part two in the other ? , do you think this will cause my application to be withdrawn?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garda022

I did my assessments today and the timer lapsed so it just automatically submitted mine mid-sentence. I didn't even see the two boxes. Surely if all the information is in the box they'll consider it. I believe this won't be considered until stage 2 but I wouldn't worry about it, I think it's given to your interviewees before the interview so doesn't even affect the order of merit.

I am confident I got about 2-3 questions wrong in the maths section. How do you think this would place me?

The verbal reasoning section is a load of bs as well. I started saying cannot conclude to a lot of them but it then gave me progressively easier questions so I assume I fucked up that section. 😞

I'll try and tackle one or two of them Friday and the rest Saturday get plenty of prep in over the next two days!

What type of questions did the Numerical test have.This is the one I’m not looking forward to the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BabyScobeMate

Any guidance on the written assessment part of the testing? What to look out for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ab77

Aw that's a pity for you I'm sure what you had written will be considered and was well done. That's good to hear hopefully we make it to stage 2!!

I was same on verbal I find the cannot say and false so confusing I really don’t know I couldn’t even tell ya now what I clicked at the time as such ! Defo got some wrong !

The scanning part on verbal reasoning is a good tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ascull98

No I think your thinking more of the assessment questionnaire, verbal reasoning is the statement and generally 3 questions and you choose true, false or cannot say

No I think that’s job stimulation your thinking of !

Cheers just practising there when they use tricky vocabulary that can catch you!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭beeker1

I've no idea about how long contact takes , I suppose like everything else in our beloved Republic it moves at a glacial pace ! I want to thank you for applying for a "thankless" job ! Our Gardai are hamstrung too much ! Just look at the recent case that kept a decent honourable man/ woman on the hook for 2 years because they gave an elderly man a bicycle ! Jesus it's time GSOC was confined to history ! Best of luck if you're accepted !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Alana123

Hey! Does anyone know if there is something that shows your word count when you are completing the written exercise? 

Thanks 😊

Post edited by Alana123 on

• Advertisement

Hello Alana, no it doesn't show word/sentence count

Advertisement