Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Paddy77

Done and Dusted,Now the long anxious wait..Have to say the Numerical Test was the one that got me the most despite doing the two preparation courses didn’t see any questions that were practised on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tra112

Totally agree with you, I feel the same about it, very disheartening

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aod214

Maths is only a qualifier and doesn’t go towards your order of merit so i say as long as you didn’t make a complete mess of the maths and did grand in the assessments/verbal reasoning you should be in with decent shout

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

How long overall did it take to finish the 4 assessments? Also, am I right in saying that maths is not taken into account this year to move forward with the application?

No, just checked there…

• Advertisement

Oh really. Where did you see/hear that about the maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garda022

So our order of merit is judged on a few questions from a verbal assessment and a questionnaire 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Anonymous4321

And the written assessment I assume? as its brought up in your interview at stage 2

Dont think thats considered towards the order of merit, just something theyll talk about in the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

Done and dusted bit disheartened on the written assesment and somewhat the numerical assessment some good some guesses! Hopefully did well enough in the verbal and questionnaire to get to stage 2 but who knows.

• Advertisement

Same here,We can all just hope now that we done enough to get through to the next stage

Best of luck everyone 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robbie2024

I feel like I made a balls of it myself but none of us know till we know . Stay positive. I'm part of the older group , havent done maths in 20 years 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dublindriver33

With some people encountering problems with the written assessment, were you in touch with sova assessments to let them know you had a problem?

I sent them an email yesterday and they forwarded it onto PAS and said now that the tests are all complete they will not be opening up the written again.

I'm hoping PAS come back and resolve the situation as it was a problem on their side.

Does anyone know roughly how long the whole process takes - From application to first number of people getting invited to Templemore?

I think it depends on what order of merit you get but I think roughly 12 to 18 months… I remember reading that somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

The big difference in waiting time between candidates is the vetting after everything else is complete. If you have a good order of merit your vetting will start sooner. Vetting is a bit of a lottery , this is where it could take 2 months or 2 years , although that’s more on the extreme end. If you have had foreign addresses/family members abroad , this might add to the time a bit.

Also, Someone who scored worse than you in the tests could fly through the vetting and get the invite before you. I agree with what Tra112 says the average is 12 to 18 months.

I’m approaching the 1 year mark waiting now from 2023 campaign with everything done. Just waiting on vetting , but it’s painful enough because you have no idea if you’ll get a call in the morning or get a call a year from now. All you can do it wait unfortunately.

Thats good info cheers. Im hoping my vetting will be grand as I only left school last year, and wouldn’t have much to declare on my vetting forms regarding change of address etc.

Can we expect to hear something in the next week or 2? Or is that a bit ambitious?

Isn't it the start of April I read on here?

Ya it said it on the familiarization booklet it expects to let us know early April

• Advertisement

A Friend of mine who’s applying through the Garda Reserve Stream said he got his results today..won’t be long for the rest of us so🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rb99

results are out👌🏻

Best of luck Everyone 👍👍

got mine too

Yup got mine

got mind too..

Does anyone how many are excepted into stage two?

yh, does anyone know how big the merit list is. For a benchmark, I placed between 1,200-1,300. But got well over A grade in 2 sections and competent B grade in another…

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kaya1

Everyone will eventually get to interview it just depends on order of merit. If you are placed in the thousands then you could be waiting a few months for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robbie2024

I was 1300 on merit so guess I won't handmy notice in just yet lol , well done all and best or luck going forward 👏

• Advertisement
Advertisement