Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options
  • 18-02-2024 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Would anyone have an idea time wise of when you hear from Garda Siochana when you put in your application, and it’s after the closing date.. to know if you have been accepted to stage 1. Or how do they contact you to let you know?

thank you

tracey

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

I would say around 3-4weeks where they will let you know when the stage 1 tests are , with the tests shorty after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tra112

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 23 racheldowney2

It would be me to want to go on a hike. When the exams might be on 😭😭 how is everyone feeling about the exams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ascull98

I find its hard to say really, i just donno really how to study for it if you get me think i might do one of the courses, how you feeling about it yourself ?

<mod snip>

No advertising or discussing the buying/selling of course materials.

-Shield

Post edited by Shield on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator note:

I have had to delete some posts that fall afoul of our rules on mentioning companies that sell online or in-person classes. Sadly in the past, we have had sneaky companies register multiple bogus accounts praising them to the stars. I have no reason to believe this is happening here, but as you will all learn is that you have to obey the rules, even the ones you don’t agree.

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Anyone else just get message from public jobs?

Yeah got mine

• Advertisement

everyone get their emails from the public jobs? Happy to hear there’s no time limit on the maths exam 😅

the written exercise is 30 minutes. But it says no set time limit for numerical along with verbal reasoning. Then it says both should take typically between 15 to 20 mins.. so does that mean for sure there is no time limit? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 D4v3864

Reading the booklet just reminds me i should have listened in english class.

From what I can see there is no time limit for the verbal and numerical reasoning, but it will be factored into your order of merit. The verbal reasoning and assessment questionnaire are what people need to be hitting a 100% on, that seems to be what will decide the order of merit. Please correct me if im wrong 😅

Thanks…

Is job simulation included too? As when I was on one of the talks they said it wouldn’t be included in this intake… but I think it is.

The job simulation is included with the assessment questionnaire. I’m wishing I listened in maths. Omg doing some practice questions make me wanna take out my eye balls🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bfg1

can you do the assessment s in any order , Does anyone know thanks .

From what I remember last year, You can do it in any order.

Thanks for that , did you succeed last year ?

Did you succeed last year ?

Yeah , thankfully got a decent score and had a good order of merit .

I though I done terrible when I finished the tests, but I done grand. Even if you got 60% in a test , that could be one of the highest scores and give you a great Order of Merit.

• Advertisement

Awh great , yeah sometimes when I do the practice tests I do well then other times I don’t suppose it’s just a matter of what comes up . Dreading them 🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Paddy77

Would i be right in saying that its not just me dreading the Numerical Test😮

Yeah me haha dreading the maths one. Not looking forward to it at all. I did it last year. I passed ( don’t ask me how) think it was pure luck. Didn’t do well in the interview so that’s why i didn’t go any further. Hoping this is my year.

Hope it goes well for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Paddy77

Hope it goes well this year for you.

Does it have to be completed in 1 sitting or can you do 2 sections then take a break and start the last 2 for example?

Also, does anyone know how long after the closing date we will get our results?

Do we get a score or just a merit number meaning we have passed?

If I remember correctly, you start each test individually. Once you start a test you are timed. So let’s say you click to start Numerical. You need to complete that test in one sitting.

However, I believe that you can do one test and finish it (e.g. numerical) , then come back any time within the test dates and finish the rest of them. Don’t leave it to the last minute obviously in case you have issues.

Im sure you could clarify this with Public Jobs or it might state it in the instructions. As these things could potentially change.

It was around 3-4 weeks for us (2023 campaign) If I remember correctly.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

Dreading the maths I haven't done anything like this before, please be kind!!

Advertisement