Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wed, Thu, Fri - Potential Snow event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

My weather station is giving a 91 percent chance I'll see snow. This map is a bit over optimistic no. Blue is snow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

Netweather showing most show von mountains as was forecast. However maybe later more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ice Pellets falling here now in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭hangar18_

Raining and breeze atm knock co mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

It's the precip moving north quicker on radar. Just be rain event lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Sleet . We couldn't even get a snow to rain event. I've had it with this winter.

No doubt we will get snow in spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭US3

Wasn't expecting wind tonight, 2 trees knocked just now on my way to work just now North Cork/East Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Condor24

Icy rain and a strong east wind. Is there anything worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Absolutely horrible in Galway, cold rain with some sleet, windy for good measure as well just to drive that rain into your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

Net weather radar showing a lot of wintry precipitation in the Northern half/third of the country, away from Eastern parts. I'm driving from Dublin to Longford shortly so it'll be interesting to how the weather transitions en route, assuming it does so, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Condor24

It's weird, it's 1.1c here, Offaly, and it seems to be raining or sleety rain, but there is ice or snow accumulations on the car, but it's horrible out. I know when the dogs steadfast refuse to go out in the morning, it must be bad.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Knock reporting 0c and 1.3mm of precipitation at 0600. No weather report but you'd have to imagine it's snowing there!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Some contrast in temps across the UK at the moment. Currently -12c in Scotland and +12c in Cornwall. 24c range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Didn't stand a chance in Athenry 🙄. Source is WOW.met.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

If you can stay in bed.. cold wet and miserable outside

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭King of Spades

Heavy wet snow in Tara, Meath when I left a while ago but was too wet to stick. I’m in Navan now and it’s just rain. Bitterly cold though in the strong wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

A bitingly cold crisp dry morning here in NW Donegal. It’ll be an interesting commute home from work through the mountains later if anything does fall here as the ground is dry enough, I’d imagine if anything does fall it could stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Rain with sharp ice pellets mixed in to hurt your face in Dublin. Horrible. Plenty of water pooling on the roads and footpaths impassable due to giant puddles.

Ballyhaise and Finner reporting light snow in 0700 reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

N17 at Knock and Westport just now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

From looking out the window don't see anything here yet in Donegal, closest road camera says 2c and mild rain so I hope that doesn't mean the snow is a bust here but maybe the heavy precipitation has yet to come

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Heavy sleet 1.4 degrees in Roundwood Co Wicklow. 240m ASL

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Snow here in kilmovee near knock airport

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Ros4Sam24

@Dazler97 A snowy morning in carrick this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

Moderate wet snow in Westmeath. Have just stopped at ballinalack for a coffee. N4 is in a fairly bad way as it looks to have been not here. I saw a car that had recently crashed into a tree at the circle k on the Mullingar bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Ha, Jaysus, your only around the corner from me

Same here in Ballyglass/ Crinnaune area.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭alentejo

About to cycle to work. Wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Snow in Longford. Still gently falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Ros4Sam24

Not bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

That's quite the temperature contrast across Ireland. 11c in west Cork and 0c in north Connacht and south Ulster.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

Advertisement