Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports FC 24 - Ultimate Team

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

its blatantly pay to win now which is the big issue…EA are just completely focused on getting as many people to spend money by offering guaranteed icon packs etc in store while letting the game go to **** completely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

it’s not even that aspect to me, cause I still have a super team.

Im barely playing right now cause I felt all the casual fans left, which only left insanely good players, which isn’t fun to play against. Weekend league went from 9-11 wins a week, to grinding out 6-8. Everyone plays the same drab football, 5 at the back, run to the byline and look for drag backs.

And honestly, the power curve was so insanely broken, I felt my team peaked months ago, and any changes since have been superficial. I rotate between some strikers for their name rather than their stats.

It’s just…boring.

yep everyone is giving out about the skill levels in WL..people are finding it harder to qualify and you have significantly less people giving away wins in both qualifiers and WL.

Hell there's only 8 pages on this version…last year had 51 and Fifa 22 had 185 pages and 321 for Fifa 21.

So you have older heads dropping out of it and younger ones coming into it.

Hell not even the soccer players are bothered with it anymore. Remember seeing all those posts with player green cards etc back in the day…now you don't even see a mention of a RL player talking about fifa ie Ben Yedder etc.

I’m dropping in for the weekend that’s in it, but first two games and it’s still the same 5atb, cut back stuff. Except now everyone has 95 rated teams. 😂 Not even sure if playing through qualifiers will leave me actually wanting to do WL proper.

a lot of players have switched to rivals only especially with tots rewards for div4 and higher as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I don't see much 5atb tbh. Mostly face 4321 or 442. Div 2 and play most WL, 11-14 wins most weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I was the same.

To be honest, I was just completely burnt out after hammering 21-23 inclusive. I literally spent hours every day playing it for about 3 years and if I wasn't playing on the console I was on the web app trading etc, then coupled with all the mistakes and nonsense from EA last year especially I decided I'd try to take a break and surprisingly I haven't missed it.

It's just too much of a time-sink. You need to be active pretty much daily or you'll drop too far behind, especially in the early months.

I genuinely thought I'd cave a few weeks in, but from dipping in and out of Reddit it seems to be much of the same with constant EA errors (e.g. loads of people getting a TOTS Messi if they happened to complete an SBC shortly after release, while anyone who straight on wasn't missed out) again this year and a even bigger move to P2W than previously.

For those who have played it a good bit this year, how has the introduction of the female players gone down? When initially announced, I remember the reaction (from myself included) was largely about how ridiculous it would be to see a 5 foot 3 female striker bodying a massive male CB etc. Did things like that materialise, or has it actually been a welcome introduction? Are they usable?

I’m four games played this morning and three were 5atb 😂

RE the women, tbh, they just were a different style of player. Not big and strong but usually quick and light. A lot of the moaning stopped when people realised they’re just mostly the same as every other player. Some are good, some are bad. At the end of it all, it’s the cutback meta that screws ya, whether you’ve women or VVD in defence.

I’ve had TOTY Bright in my team for months and she’s amazing. Small but quick, a great compliment to bigger CBs. The Sawa SBC is considered the best B2B player so far in the game. There was a Bacha SBC that was my left back for ages too.

I’ve had plenty drop in and out of my team. They aren’t broken, so it really comes down to personal preferences, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Weird, 5 games in WL and not a single one played against 5atb! TOTY Bright is the only woman in myteam at the moment too. I think it's been fairly amazing from the perspective of promoting the womens game - I'm now aware of loads of female players I've never heard of before. Current team:

stormed to an easy 11 so think I benefited from the return of casuals.

mind, my reds were…

Watkins - Estupinan - Alison

Watkins - Estupinan - Alison

Same three options in both picks 😂

• Advertisement

And I packed Alison and Watkins from my packs too. Dupe theory is real 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Fair play to Nick. One of the biggest content creators in the world in terms of FIFA and he has absolutely gone in on EA here.

Hard to disagree with anything he says on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Pity he's a couple of years too late.

I'm menu grinding over the last 24 hours and….I genuinely can't remember ever having this feeling before that fodder can be generated infinitely.

The high rated exchanges are ridiculously handy. I'm doing 20 player picks, getting at least one or two high rated dupes (Odergaard, Silva, Benzema, etc). Putting them into the exchanges, getting another 100 common golds back, and back into player picks. And repeat over and over.

Mind, not pulled anything massively exciting yet. But I've got pretty much every high rated gold in my club now. Just need some SBCs that make me interested.

Advertisement