Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports FC 24 - Ultimate Team

Options
  • 12-09-2023 8:44pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Feels the hype is pretty minimal this year?

kind of curious how the women work in game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Judging by the reaction on here and elsewhere so far, I think this is the year where many who say "this is the last year, never again" will actually stick to it.

It probably won't go down too well, but I'll be honest and say the introduction of mixed teams has really put me off.

I know some will say it's hardly realistic to play with dead icons either, or Cech up front (and I agree entirely with the Cech stuff, I HATED that and similar) but I just don't think I can put up with losing games to the likes of my VVD being bodied by Sam Kerr and co. 😅

EA has only added female players to further dilute pack quality and increase EA Points spend but yet are marketing as something very different of course.

Add to that the amount of mistakes EA made (and continue to make even as recently as this week) this time afound and how poor the beta was (it was essentially an exact replica of 23) and I can't bring myself to buy it.

It's just too much of a time-sink and commitment also. You can't dip in and out. You go away for a few days or have a very busy week in work and you are miles behind. It's basically a full-time job keeping up to speed with it.

I'm usually a pre-order way before release date person, but I genuinely won't touch it this year. I think I'm finally done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Haven't played Fifa in years but got an odd urge to try it again. How difficult is it to get legends or "icons" these days?

About the same chance of Beyonce knocking on your door and bringing you up to bed in terms of packing one of the good ones.

The poorer ones in-game are easily enough accessible but early into the game will still cost a significant amount.

Add to that brilliant players such as the likes of Henry are unusable in game because of the way their body types and stats are created.

So basically no chance of getting a good one unless you're unbelievably lucky and/or are willing to spend a lot of real life money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's the lower tier ones I'd want. I know it's impossible to get Pele, Maradona, Zidane etc.

I'd get into it if the likes of Cantona, Bergkamp, Van Nistelrooy were attainable for reasonable prices.

Cantona is one of the more unattainable ones early on, having 5 star skill moves.

Bergkamp and van Nistelrooy are very attainable but by the time you get them into your side they are already miles behind the power curve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Red picks are gone from weekend league.

FUTRed Picks are fully removed in EA FC24. Will be replaced with rewards of equivalent value in-game.

In other news, that’s the end of Weekend League for me. Moan reason to play was get some fancy red picks.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I gave up on FIFA about January time this year, they've just made a mess of it.

Regarding icons, it's fair to say the majority of icons are crap. EA never have figured out how to make a variety of cards useful, it's just one meta and cards that don't meet that meta are terrible. Bergkamp and Van Nistelrooy are fairly useless in the game cause they aren't agile fast players with tons of skill moves.

They throw out so many promo cards these days that icons are fairly meh, there's always some better broken promo card for every position.

Rivals, which is supposed to be the main competitive mode, has been turned into an absolute slog. It's just game after game of pure misery, playing like 30 games trying to sneak 8 wins. People playing like absolute reprobates as a result, it's not fun.

I'm convinced I'm not buying it this year.

Long story short, ultimate team is boring now unless you're super hardcore about it or are willing to sink a ton of real money in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Definitely skipping this year.

Nothing to do with women in the game but apart from that EA have actually made zero improvements to the game..same engine..same bullshit physics and to top it all off they pull the following

”anyone getting a special card will also have their normal cards in packs at the same time”

this is just to further reduce their support costs in having to resolve the many issues with this past year. Instead of maybe fixing the issue and improving quality they just pull that shite.

EA doesn’t deserve my money or support after both Battlefield 2042 and now this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Have the Ultimate Edition ordered, I'll give it a bash anyways.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Advertisement

I’ve got it too.

Honestly, for all it’s faults, it’s still the best value for money game I’ll pay all year. And I enjoyed the gameplay this year just gone.

Its the player base that tends to chase me off 😂

No welcome back packs this year, no real point of the webapp at the start anyways!

They initially had the Advanced SBC's offering tradeable packs.

Content Creators were on yesterday and blasting through those and getting the tradeable rewards.

They've since been turned back to untradeable this morning.

The game hasn't even launched yet and they are at it already! 🙄

Bugger all to do tonight in the web app 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aaronder

Anyone else having trouble with some objectives not registering? Get 12 chem in a squad & buy a contract didnt work for me.

The chem one, I've seen others say is bugged currently.

A reminder that a trip to New Zealand today at 1 allows international travellers to start playing today 😂

Packed Katoto from the first few SBCs, so guess I'm building something round the French league to start off. She looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

echo most of this, its the time sink element that has finally done for me, and at the end what do you have, its a monumental waste of time and im not getting into it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Katoto aka the Mbappe troll.

It's good you got her on the web app cos you'd have had a mini heart attack if you saw the pack animation on console!

Ha, hadn’t even copped that 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Built this with web app so far, chemistry is overrated 🤭

Pulled the worst TOTW too, Bundesliga 80 rated ST.

And the mistakes keep rolling!

The Foundation V group of SBC's reset itself earlier, thus resulting in players who had submitted cards to lose them.

EA have released an announcement to say that it's back live now and players will have their cards returned "in the coming days".

Two days in now and already two major mistakes.

They are a complete and utter joke.

Packed Kolo Muani (another Mbappe troll) and Pavard, so am heavily leaning French league at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aaronder

Somehow I've managed to get Haaland, Van Dijk, Ederson & Tonali all untradeabel from Hybrid SBC. Could be a good year..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The lack of starter packs is a pain, could usually start trading hard enough and have a decent chunk of change ready to go once the game launched, but you're really relying on pack luck straight off the bat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

I always find the annual antipathy to getting the latest Fifa a bit strange. I only really ever play 2 games - fifa and football manager, both renew every year with a few slight changes to the latest version. Every year there is usually a lot of noise about how people won't be getting the new Fifa but you never really see the same talk around getting the next football manager.

No red picks is annoying but then again last year i had only 1 decent red pick (neymar) that was usable in champs.

The new evolutions mode looks promising - the idea that you could possibly take a few players that you could never use in online play and upgrade them through evolutions throughout the year is class.

I’ve evolved Hojlund, and am gathering coins to do Garnacho too. I’m sure power creep will kill them eventually but I’m going to focus the evolutions onto United players.

Also have the trade pile up to 60 cards too 😂

Untradeable team so far, with Kroos on the bench for now.

(edit: just packed Theo Hernandez so that’s a nice bonus. And Rodri. Might do that DeBryune now…)

Post edited by Lord TSC on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Are female gks any good? I used to assume that the best gks were usually the taller ones so that would put me off using a female gk in ultimate team.

Keepers seem the usual mess tbh. Some are amazing, others are useless. I hate facing Alisson, but I'm using Neuer and he's shite. Not sure if the women have much difference overall.

Packed Griezman today who slots into my french team perfectly, lol

The power curve is going to be insane in this though. My untradeable team is already worth about 350k, and I've got 70k in coins, and I packed NOTHING with the pre-order points. But I've got a tonne of high rated fodder already too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yeah none of mine have been good. Females seem good up front have kerr and a packed benzene up front.

Advertisement