Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports FC 24 - Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yikes. I missed it.

im already on edge about leaving but this genuinely might make me pack it in. I have zero desire to play him every single game.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This mistake could genuinely break the game. It's going to be such nonsense facing that card all the time.

That Icon SBC continues to pay out. My run is now Cryuff, Yeshin, Muller (meh) and tonight I've got Gullit :D

Got TOTY Lahm from the 85x2 SBC 😁

And just got HM Valverde from a 83x3 ❤️

• Advertisement

They've definitely adjusted the pack weights or something cause I just packed HM Ederson from my 82+ player pack I got in rivals rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yep more chance of a honourable mention than a Toty.

out of a couple hundred packs the only toty I got was Earps.

saw something that 90% of toty cards handed out was Earps which shows you the lengths EA will go to restrict these cards.

Got base Jairziniho from icon pick. And Ginola from the hero picks.

Another damn forward. As if I don’t have enough.

It’s hard to look past Mbappe so really only 2 places up for grabs.

Zola and DiNatale are amazing , Eusebio is great but there’s no way he’s a 3.5mill card. Same for Ginola.

Franscesco I’ve only used a few times but he feels really good.

Banini shows CM but she’s also a LW ..she feels fantastic and I held onto her SNC card so I could finally upgrade it again. Another pace upgrade would definitely let me make the first 11 as her movement and attacking AI are same as Messi .

My icon and hero picks have been crazy the past few weeks.

got thunderstruck Cafu from tonight’s one. He’s 1.6mill compared to 600k for the base. Ginola got dropped for Zola… he’s miles better.

Base versions of Butra, Dalglish, Trezuget and Figo.

Getting two players worth 400k plus should be seen as a decent win, but none of them get in ahead of what I have now. :/

• Advertisement

What icon pick is this @Blazer ?

It’s the 87+ base/winter wild card/thunderstruck one. Pick 1 of 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Caved in and bought this steaming pile of crap cheap a couple of weeks ago and I genuinely don't like it at per previous iterations, never do like them lol.

But this one, I'm absolutely rubbish at it, getting hammered every game in div 6, have a sheet team right enough but can't pull a card for life nor money - I threw whatever it is £17 it that for initial boost and can't even do that because I'm sheet at the game. 

What am I missing this year, what has changed? I'm just playing the same formation and play as the last million years. 4-1-2-1-2; wide styleee. 

I'm getting hammered every game. I can take the odd or few in a row hammerings but this is every game lol. 

Attach a self addressed envelope for prize when sending in entries please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

Could the FUT menus be any more buggy? Beyond annoying.

Well I did this and had a pick of Van Der Sar, Zola, Torres or van Basten. Actually very happy as I needed a GK so went with VDS. Then bought HM TAA to replace Mukiele at RB, so now have this:

Valverde is on full chem, just haven't bothered putting a manager into futbin.

I have about 100k coins left and a little bit of fodder, not going to bother with Saliba as I'd not get him done before he expires, but my next job is probably to replace Marquez and then Havertz.

I have to close and reopen the game about 3 times a day because of the glitches.

Gotta say lads, Van der Sar is dogshit.

Still haven't used a better keeper than base Allison.

They're all ****...no one's as bad as toty Cech....had to drop him into an sbc...I had Yashin and got so annoyed by him I dropped him into the Schmeichel SBC :) Then I got TS VDS..he's same as Schmeichel really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Keepers make no difference imo. I've been using base Dudek for ages. I could get the UEFA hero version for a few coins but just haven't bothered. He doesn't make the difference to whether I win or lose games.

When facing keepers, I've not come across one that stands out in terms of making unexpected saves. Schmeichel / Alisson / Casillas / Cech / VDS seem the most popular but I don't feel like any one of them stands out.

I think the only real difference is how good they are on the ball. VDS is horrific at passing.

I actually have HM Ederson, might switch to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

Packs are quite generous compared to years ago, have packed multiple totw players, 90+ players and TOTS Musiala, first time playing fifa somewhat consistently in a few years. Still an annoying experience at times however.

I disagree, I packed bog all over TotY and highest rated has been some woman 88 CB from Barca about 3 times. Packing muck and ended up having to discard a pile of dupes as there was no decent SBC to put them in. Genuinely thought it was my worst pack luck in all the years I've played ... albeit only really been playing here and there since new year when I got the game for twenty quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Current team.....troy parrot is unreal with 5*5* and trivela plus....was my top scorer and took me to 14 wins last week. Without evolutions my interest in the game would be much lower, enjoy seeing what evo's you can combine.

I've given up on it...cancelled EA Pro and uninstalled the game..its utter dogshit and hasn't been one bit enjoyable for at least the past 3 weeks.

Pmsl see ye in a few days s again!

i know... stupid soccer game...we really need a serious competitor to it... I don't even care about UT but a decent game ..not bloody PES..they lost their way a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Scraped together 1.5M coins for WW Salah. Played him in a few games and couldn't tell any difference between him and the gold version I've played >800 games with. Sold him for 1.75M a day later.

Seems a rare card but felt like a waste to have him without feeling any difference over the gold. Harry Kewell outperforms both versions anyway 🤣. His trivelas are ridiculous

I can’t remember the last player I bought on the market to use. Just entirely a squad of SBC and Evo players.

I really missed my soccer fix... it was still dogshit but the last two patches have improved it a good bit.

Got ww Yashin and Ribery from the latest icon picks.

So many bloody top tier CBs and forward lines but still need a good CDM like Viera.

I worked out my first 11 is worth 18.4 mill at present while my sub and reserve bench clocks in at 15.5 million.

WW Ginola, Jairziniho, Ribery don't even make my subs bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,530 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Never bought 24 and still have no interest in it, just thought I'd check the thread to see how the game is…..no posts since Feb, that bad? 😬

Advertisement